* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 37
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Recent Topics/Posts

DCStoF4 (Standalone version) by SharkNoir
[March 17, 2024, 03:19:25 PM]

Author Topic: DCS switch size on RealSimWorld ICP  (Read 1443 times)

Offline henkie

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Electronics Guru Award: Awarded to those with special electronics skills
    • Henk's Viperpit developments
    • Buy me a soda
    • Awards
DCS switch size on RealSimWorld ICP
« on: June 04, 2023, 06:40:56 AM »
I bought several years ago the fantastic ICP from www.realsimworld.dk  (site cannot be reached)

But I did not opt for a complete assembly, including the two switches and the DCS stick switch, because I had those already in my collected parts bin.
That was a serious mistake  :brickwall:

Now I had to disassemble the ICP (partly) to install the switches. All went fine for the two toggle switches ...
But the DCS switch is giving me headaches.
The mounting hole on the ICP metal backplate has a diameter of 15.6 mm.
The diameter of the DCS switch housing is 17.4 mm. That will never fit  ::)

The type code on my DCS switch is  "T4-CN211N  1027"

Is this the correct one (obviously not, because it will in no way fit)  :sick:

What is the type number of the DCS switch used on RealSimWorld's ICP ???
Is that one somewhere available ???  ( @Kukki ) ???

:reading: Henk

Offline Rufus

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
Re: DCS switch size on RealSimWorld ICP
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2023, 03:31:30 PM »
I think the one you mention is the commercial version - threaded, correct?  I have a few of those and found as you have that yes - they do not fit the RSW backplate (they are what was specified for use with Mike's backplate).  I did get one of the correct ones from RSW.  The press fit one should be T4-CN111N and Mouser has those, they are not cheap -

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/OTTO/T4-CN111N?qs=82jvyl5dHWfkMahwM49SYw%3D%3D

I've also seen them listed as Otto T4-0051, Mouser lists those as well at almost double the price...so they are probably the real MILSPEC thing!

Something I considered was to turn down the threads on of one of the commercial ones I have on a lathe - I think that could be done to reduce the  diameter to one which would fit, and then you'd have to add the rotation stop to it using some plastic or metal strip and a structural adhesive.  But it could work, provided the switch case is machinable.
- Rufus

Offline John Fredrik

• Maj. General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2023, 04:20:24 PM »
@Rufus
What is the number on the threaded ones?
They might be a good solution for the MLU Lightning panel
Best Regards
John Fredrik

Offline henkie

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Electronics Guru Award: Awarded to those with special electronics skills
    • Buy me a soda
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2023, 04:27:48 PM »
Yes, it is threaded, and the "2" in the type code is indeed according to the data sheet on Mouser the commercial version, 11/16" diameter, what I measured (ok, 0.1 mm off).
So, I have the wrong one  :'(

Machining (or filing) the thread will not help, because the height is also larger, making it a "no-fit"  :weep:

And Mouser says: "Stock: Non-Stocked".

I clearly have a problem here  :notes:
I'd pay Mouser's price to get the one that does fit  :fineprint:

@John Fredrik : probably the type code in my first posting  :whistle:  It's for sale (state: brand new)  :D

Offline Rufus

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2023, 04:28:31 PM »
The threaded ones I have are T4-CN211N ones - the first number "2" specifies threaded, and the a "1" specifies press-fit.  Note these are the commercial grade ones, which are fine for our purposes.  I bought mine from Sager Electronics on an RFQ, and they gave me a good price - but that was years ago, now!

Check the spec sheet for these here:

https://www.mouser.com/datasheet/2/603/OTTO_S_A0001375763_1-2573552.pdf
« Last Edit: June 04, 2023, 04:36:59 PM by Rufus »
- Rufus

Offline Rufus

• General
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2023, 04:33:00 PM »

Yes, it is threaded, and the "2" in the type code is indeed according to the data sheet on Mouser the commercial version, 11/16" diameter, what I measured (ok, 0.1 mm off).
So, I have the wrong one  :'(

Machining (or filing) the thread will not help, because the height is also larger, making it a "no-fit"  :weep:

And Mouser says: "Stock: Non-Stocked".

I clearly have a problem here  :notes:
I'd pay Mouser's price to get the one that does fit  :fineprint:

@John Fredrik : probably the type code in my first posting  :whistle:  It's for sale (state: brand new)  :D

I had been following a seller that had a number of the T4-0051 ones on Ebay UK for a bit, but he seems to have sold them all.  I have a strong suspicion that this is the one actually needed - all my gear is packed up right now, but if you email Alex at RSW, he can probably at least answer the question.  I contacted him a bit ago about why the website was still up, and he did reply to me.

http://www.realsimworld.com/en/Contact-us.html
- Rufus

Offline John Fredrik

• Maj. General
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2023, 04:36:20 PM »
Thanks @Rufus and @henkie  :ThumbsUp:
Best Regards
John Fredrik

Offline henkie

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Buy me a soda
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2023, 04:38:34 PM »
Yup, and RealSimWorld used the press-fit one  :sick:

I have sent a PM to @Kukki

Who has a press-fit T4-CN111N for sale ???   :countingmoney:   :outthewindow:

Offline Rufus

• General
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2023, 04:46:49 PM »
Mouser USA and Mouser Finland are both listing 2 available/can ship immediately for the T4-0051 type at the price of $224 USD each.  You may want to check Mouser stores around for stock...

...Sager can get you the T4-CN111N ones on an RFQ, on an 8 week lead.  As I recalled I bought four(?) of the T4-CN211N from them for around $75 each, and they came in much faster than that.  But I did have to request a quote, and they were pretty easy to work with.

https://www.sager.com/t4-cn111n-5683399.html
« Last Edit: June 04, 2023, 04:52:17 PM by Rufus »
- Rufus

Offline Nigel

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2023, 04:28:54 AM »
Henk I think I have one, I'll send it to you. Dont pay $224 USD, that's WAY too much!!! I'll sell it to you for $223 USD.

Offline henkie

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Buy me a soda
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2023, 05:35:21 AM »
@Nigel PM sent  :beer:

Offline Firebird

• Maj. General
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2023, 11:53:05 AM »
Henk I think I have one, I'll send it to you. Dont pay $224 USD, that's WAY too much!!! I'll sell it to you for $223 USD.

I have always said your generosity is without equal.......................... :digger:

System Specs: MSI Tomahawk Z590 wifi, I9 11900K Processor, 64gb Corsair Vengance 3600mhz ram, 3080 Nvidia Video Card, Windows 11 Pro, 2 Samsung NVMe SSD (2tb and 1 tb), Valve Index VR system

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal