• Dot Users Online:

* Recent Topics/Posts

Hello from Canada by ChrispyBiscuit99
[Today at 06:49:56 AM]

DCStoF4 (Standalone version) by questerymj
[April 20, 2024, 12:50:58 PM]

Last BMS version and the CANOPY SPIDER by mihi4
[April 20, 2024, 11:57:37 AM]

Author Topic: Questions before starting my progress report.  (Read 1745 times)

Lancelot

Questions before starting my progress report.
« on: August 11, 2021, 09:37:04 AM »
Hope i´m asking on the right place.

I make some progress building what i´m building, and i think it is time i share what i did so maybe others use it or get ideas. Just like i did with a lot of info here.
My questions are,

- For posting images. Are they stored here en viperpits site, or i have to store them on some other website?
- Can i post images that are stored on my googledrive?.

Thanks!

Offline jjbravo

• General
  • Callsign: Vino
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts
    • Awards
Re: Questions before starting my progress report.
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2021, 12:00:10 PM »
Please don't store images externally, there is nothing more annoying trying to read a build thread and all the links to external images are dead.
Use the built-in image attachment feature instead please, this way we can all enjoy your images forever.

Lancelot

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2021, 01:00:50 PM »
ok. Good to know.

If the images are stored here, much much better and easier for me. :)

Offline jjbravo

• General
  • Callsign: Vino
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2021, 01:16:30 PM »
Good, you just have to keep the images under 1 MB per post I think.

Offline Cupra

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • 1st VFW "Glory Wings"
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2021, 01:38:35 PM »
Exact… and now we wait for some pics  :vprules:

Offline Kukki

• General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2021, 02:22:35 PM »
ok. Good to know.

If the images are stored here, much much better and easier for me. :)

Just make sure they are in 72 dpi (for web) and then the max KB. the system show, then you you can make them as big x,y size as you want.

Just a hint

Offline Snoopy

• General
  • Flying Snoopy Airways
  • VP Awards Triplet Award: Awarded after 3 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2021, 02:57:30 AM »
Just make sure they are in 72 dpi (for web)
For images on the web the dpi setting is irrelevant. Each monitor has a completely different dpi capability. Dpi can be relevant for printing (as a quality level) but not for online viewing. So forget that setting, The only thing important is your size in pixels. Too small and details are not visible, too big and many users won't be able to see the entire picture. I tend to use pictures with the largest side around 1000 pixels as that seems to be usuable for most viewers.

Offline Kukki

• General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2021, 06:00:44 AM »
Just make sure they are in 72 dpi (for web)
For images on the web the dpi setting is irrelevant. Each monitor has a completely different dpi capability. Dpi can be relevant for printing (as a quality level) but not for online viewing. So forget that setting, The only thing important is your size in pixels. Too small and details are not visible, too big and many users won't be able to see the entire picture. I tend to use pictures with the largest side around 1000 pixels as that seems to be usuable for most viewers.

Thanks COOL info, guess i did not read up on that and stuck to the old school roules :-)   Thx for the heads up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal