DCStoF4 (Standalone version) by Jakkuh-15
[April 17, 2024, 09:36:07 AM]

Hello from the UK! by ChrispyBiscuit99
[April 09, 2024, 01:19:26 PM]

Hi! From Turkiye by Foghorn
[April 09, 2024, 12:24:23 PM]

Hello from Greece by Foghorn
[April 09, 2024, 12:24:06 PM]

Author Topic: Nikolas "Charos" Anastasopoulos  (Read 14842 times)

Offline Moon

• General
  • VP Awards Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
Re: Running the Athens Authentic Marathon
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2014, 05:08:21 AM »
Great story!  What a fantastic achievement.

I read in your build thread that 2014 has been a hard year for you.  Completing a marathon is a great symbol of your tenacity and never-give-up attitude.

Offline AiRdAncE

• Kim - was lost but then found ;)
  • Global Moderator
  • General
  • Fly till I PUKE !
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Software Guru Award: Awarded to those with special software skills Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • My Foundry for cast metal replica items
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2014, 05:49:48 AM »
Hero!  :cheerleader: :cheerleader:
Life is what you make of it.

---------------------------------
Cast aluminum and brass replica cockpit items
www.castcrafter.com

Offline Nikolas_A

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • VP Awards 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2014, 01:14:37 PM »
Thanks averybody!

Completing a marathon is a great symbol of your tenacity and never-give-up attitude.

Yes, that is exactly what I saw it as...  :thumbsup:

Offline Nikolas_A

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • VP Awards 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
Re: Nikolas "Charos" Anastasopoulos
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2015, 03:37:02 PM »
Well, even though my pit progress is almost nil, life still goes on. I was able to get some climbing done in the Alps last summer. I was recovering from a health issue so not in my best form. Also the weather forced us out of Switzerland, but we found better weather in Italy and managed to climb Dent du Géant in the Mont Blanc massif. Also trekked some 3000+ peaks in the Val d' Aosta area.

I'm the one in the background.

Offline Kukki

• General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2015, 04:01:56 PM »
HOLY COW that is an AWESOME Picture  :thumbsup:
That must have been a hard one to get up there, and braaaaaaa it looks cold  :thumbsup:  SUPER COOL Picture

Offline Dive

• -=VP Donor=-
  • Maj. General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Buy me a drink
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2015, 04:11:12 PM »
Awesome pic.  I snowboard, and I'm a pilot, but I'm so afraid of heights it's not funny. Only when it comes to mountain climbing though...

Nice man...
INTEL i-5 4690K 3.5GHZ, Radeon R9 270X 2GB PCI-EXPRESS, ASUS Z97-A, AC 97 DIRECT 3D SOUND INTEGRATED, 8GB PC17000/2133Hz, Corsair Vengeance C70 Military Green, SAMSUNG 850 PRO, CORSAIR 750W SLI, Sony KDL-60W800B

GammaRayV2, ElectonFlux, Plasma MM2

Offline Rufus

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2015, 08:42:22 PM »
I fly and jump out of airplanes, but falling off a rock is for the birds... :whistle: ...er...in a wing-suit...yeah...

Nice summit, though... :thumbsup: !
- Rufus

Offline Nikolas_A

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2015, 01:04:40 PM »
Thanks, it's not the hardest thing I've climbed, but it sure looks intimidating when you approach it from the glacier. It was a cold, windy day and right after the summit photo it started snowing.

Offline Nikolas_A

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2015, 04:05:57 PM »
I run it again this year, this time at 04:23:50  :yihaw:

Offline akisgrm

• Major
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2015, 04:29:23 PM »
Συγχαρητηρια !

Offline Rufus

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2015, 04:30:21 PM »
... :hail: ... :thumbsup: !
- Rufus

Offline henkie

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Electronics Guru Award: Awarded to those with special electronics skills
    • Henk's Viperpit developments
    • Buy me a soda
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2015, 04:42:25 PM »
Quite an achievement  :clap:   :hail:

In my younger years ... maybe  :whistle:
But I stopped fitness some 5 years ago  :DOH:

- Henk

Offline Pekay

• Col.
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2015, 08:23:09 PM »
Nikolas_A:
I applaud your resolve for doing the marathon again. :clap: I keep telling myself that I need to get back in the routine of regular exercise but recently, the only exercise I seem to get is when I take off clothes and coats from my gym equipment and hang back up clean things. :DOH:

Pekay :whistle:

Offline Raven

• Col.
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2015, 08:43:58 AM »
I applaud your physical and mental strength Nikolas and the fact that the marathon race you said you would never do again was completed even faster than before. Well done my friend. :thumbsup:

Offline Nikolas_A

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2015, 11:54:07 AM »
Thank you all!

Nikolas_A:
I applaud your resolve for doing the marathon again.
I applaud your physical and mental strength Nikolas and the fact that the marathon race you said you would never do again was completed even faster than before.

I have talked to other runners, most have repeated the “I will never do it again” mantra around the 30-32km mark...

the only exercise I seem to get is when I take off clothes and coats from my gym equipment and hang back up clean things.

Gym equipment coat hanger, I think we all have one  :whistle:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal