* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 61
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Recent Topics/Posts

DCStoF4 (Standalone version) by SharkNoir
[March 17, 2024, 03:19:25 PM]

Author Topic: BMS MISSING SHARED MEMORY BITS  (Read 3267 times)

Offline Nigel

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
Re: BMS MISSING SHARED MEMORY BITS
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2018, 05:04:11 AM »
Klaus,
I dont know anything about the protocol or limitations of PHCC other than what I have read. I see there are boards that have analog pot inputs so I dont know what the answer is, it's confusing to me when the strength of PHCC is flexibility but you say analog pots wont work? It hasnt been done, but is it possible? I see a need for it, maybe its time to make one. Regarding the inclusion of the HUD brightness in the SHMEM, along with what RD says, the Dev team has only so much time and resources to work on things and at this point the analog inputs for the HUD pots as well as all the other pot inputs is a perfect and elegant solution. We can ask for it in SHMEM but I think it would be considered done at this point for now. I would think the pot inputs would be motivation to develop a way to make it work with PHCC instead of the other way around. This seems to be a major limitation for PHCC in my mind, every pot input need for building and flying a pit is in or will be so I see it as a necessity for any system. I am sure Henkie is reading this, so lets ask him. Henk, what are the chances of making a PHCC interface for analog pots, lets say a dozen?

Offline henkie

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Electronics Guru Award: Awarded to those with special electronics skills
    • Henk's Viperpit developments
    • Buy me a soda
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2018, 06:11:40 AM »
 ;D
PHCC already has 35 analog inputs (that should be enough for our pit).
All analog inputs are on the PHCC Motherboard. If you need more than 35 analog inputs, the only solution with PHCC is a second Motherboard.
The Motherboard supports 32 "standard" analog inputs and 3 "fast" analog inputs. The difference between the "standard" and "fast" inputs is that the "fast" inputs are directly connected to the PIC, and the "standard" inputs are read via an analog multiplexer (CD4067). All analog inputs operate with a 0 to +5V working range. Klaus knows all this.
But, as usual with PHCC, on the software side of things you are on your own ...
I am still building/soldering/wiring/testing etc. so the software side of things stills lies ahead of me  ::)

Offline Willy

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Electronics Guru Award: Awarded to those with special electronics skills 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Bronze Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement
    • http://www.employees.org/~bwilliam
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2018, 12:52:09 PM »
This analog interface issue is just another reason I moved to Pokeys 57U.  It does just about everything (except Steppers and Aircores) that the PHCC solution does.  We are looking into adding support for the Pololu Steppers to the F4toPokeys software as well as adding support for the native Stepper motor functions available in Pokeys.  (After all, Pokeys main market is for CNC builders which of course use Steppers.)

Of course if you have invested in all the PHCC stuff, I can understand not wanting to move away from it.  This is where I "thought" Lightnings software would take the PHCC analog inputs and make them look like a Joystick.  That would give you direct interface into BMS.

My $0.02 worth.
Beau "Willy" Williamson

I better go find my monkey!

Offline lightning

• -=VP Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Software Guru Award: Awarded to those with special software skills Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Lightning's Tools GitHub repository
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2018, 01:01:04 PM »
Just to add to Willy’s post - Joymapper uses a very obsolete joystick virtualization driver called PPJoy which, because it is not a signed driver, requires that you temporarily disable driver verification - which is a bit of a process.  You can Google for the steps involved with that...after which you can install the PPJoy driver and then configure a virtual joystick in PPJoy with the axes you want to use as inputs to BMS.  Then you can use a tool like JoyMapper to read the PHCC inputs and map them to PPJoy virtual axes which will be seen by BMS as regular DirectX joystick axes inputs. However - if PPJoy is connected to the PHCc via serial port, no other program can be (that’s how serial ports work - only one program can connect at a time). There are further commercial solutions like Eltima Virtual COM Port that can replicate an underlying physical serial port to enable multiple programs to read from the port simultaneously - but you’re better off just implementing a virtual joystick axis in your own code.

I’d recommend steering clear of PPJoy & JoyMapper and using vJoy instead.
http://vjoystick.sourceforge.net/site/index.php/download-a-install/download

Offline Willy

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Electronics Guru Award: Awarded to those with special electronics skills 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Bronze Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2018, 01:21:06 PM »
Thanks for the info, Dave.
Beau "Willy" Williamson

Offline henkie

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Electronics Guru Award: Awarded to those with special electronics skills
    • Henk's Viperpit developments
    • Buy me a soda
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2018, 01:36:58 PM »
Having had a brief encounter with José Saraiva's SimLinkUp Manager, I thought that SimLinkUp together with vJoy was a working solution for the analog inputs.
At the time, I was not ready for testing, and I still am not  :(
Things progress way too slow and RL also messes up plans too often  :taz:

Offline lightning

• -=VP Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Software Guru Award: Awarded to those with special software skills Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Lightning's Tools GitHub repository
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2018, 03:01:52 PM »
That was essentially a third-party “fork” of SimLinkup taken from the mainline code as of several years ago, never kept in sync with the mainline code.  To the best of my knowledge the author(s) of that fork have not merged the mainline code into their project in a way that could be contributed back to the mainline.

Offline roccio

• Major
  • Brand new newbie!
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2018, 05:41:34 AM »
I would like to have the internal light status.
Thank you.
There's only one way out of here. Piece by piece.

Offline Willy

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2018, 06:58:31 AM »
I would like to have the internal light status.
Thank you.
Can you be a bit more specific?  What "internal" lights?
Beau "Willy" Williamson

Offline Focaldesign

• General
  • VP Awards King for a Day Award: Awarded for an exemplar contribution to the community Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Buy me a drink
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2018, 01:16:52 PM »
I'm assuming flood light and or console backlight.
If that's known, the YAME gauges can change accordingly ;)

Offline Rufus

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2018, 03:34:53 PM »
That would be nice...or is it already mech - in a similar manner to the HUD analog inputs?

...and I've gone to Pokeys for the same reasons Willy did...+1, Willy... :whistle: !
- Rufus

Offline roccio

• Major
  • Brand new newbie!
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2018, 04:24:52 PM »
yes, as focal just said. usefull for external extractions to light instruments correctly.

another thing that i miss is the overg flag for negative gs and a flag if player is dead.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 04:30:52 PM by roccio »

Offline Red Dog

• Administrator
  • General
  • VP Awards 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2018, 02:50:36 AM »
For the lights, can't you set a hotkey - which when configured to the same callback as falcon will switch on gauges backlight?

You need a configurable hotkey (two actually if you don't want to use toggles - which are always a pain) because there are obviously multiple different key files.
But that should work pretty well. If I remember right that's how the old MFDE did it, at least for Nvgs

For the G's just look at the Gs Vars and once it goes negative to a set value, you have your overG

Why do you need  a flag when the player is dead?
I guess when he's dead, the game end, no?
Have a bandit day - Red Dog
Red Dog flight sim's stuff
Red Dog models
Red Dog PPL
Red Dog Discord: 947914531772964865

Offline roccio

• Major
  • Brand new newbie!
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2018, 07:35:10 AM »
yes, i can use a key for lights, will go that way.
for the gs in shared memory there is a overg flag, but it's fired only for positive g, so i can simulate a blackuot. For the negative g, i would like to do a redout, but the flag is not set in shared memory, so it's more complicated to sync with falcon.

The dead flag is just to show a black screen meanwhile you exit the 3d world. just eyecandy.

Offline Willy

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2018, 09:58:48 AM »
If you want to adjust how YAME renders the instruments, then I don't think you want a bit. Instead you want a numerical value (integer should suffice) that indicates the level of light of the Flood lights or Instrument Backlight (or both). 
Beau "Willy" Williamson

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal