Customizing Default Point of View in BMS by Tulkas
[April 13, 2024, 03:44:53 PM]

Hello from the UK! by ChrispyBiscuit99
[April 09, 2024, 01:19:26 PM]

Hi! From Turkiye by Foghorn
[April 09, 2024, 12:24:23 PM]

Hello from Greece by Foghorn
[April 09, 2024, 12:24:06 PM]

Author Topic: CPD Software  (Read 4922 times)

Offline Mustang 1-1

• Captain
  • VR-Pilot
    • Awards
CPD Software
« on: November 22, 2022, 02:54:47 PM »
Hey guys, I am planning on building a cpd for my pit and I wanted to know whats the best software to use to generate a cpd image that I can just like drag to a screen. I have heard lightning makes one but I can download the latest one. Is there maybe a better one? If not, how do I get lightnings cpd software. Thanks!

Offline jjbravo

• General
  • Callsign: Vino
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts
    • Awards
Re: CPD Software
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2022, 03:09:42 PM »
You can find his software here:
https://github.com/lightningviper/lightningstools
It's all open source.

The release file for his CPD software is here:
https://github.com/lightningviper/lightningstools/blob/master/releases/End%20User%20Applications/F16%20Center%20Pedestal%20Display/Version%200.5.8.1/F16CPD_v0_5_8_1__x86.zip

But you can also build it yourself with Visual Studio Community edition.

Offline Mustang 1-1

• Captain
  • VR-Pilot
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2022, 03:29:59 PM »
Thanks

Offline Mustang 1-1

• Captain
  • VR-Pilot
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2022, 03:30:47 PM »
I have tried this before and it just had green text with a black background but I will try again and report back here.

Offline Mustang 1-1

• Captain
  • VR-Pilot
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2022, 03:40:41 PM »
Okay, so if I open it, then bms, it just says off in green text, however if I run bms then open the cpd it is all green. Am I doing somethng wrong? @lightning

Offline jjbravo

• General
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2022, 04:44:14 PM »
 You might have to put your coding hat on (if you have one) and try to figure it out. Not sure how many runs this software anymore. This is not buying software so you can't expect the creator  to do support, you probably need to dig into this yourself for some time and learn how the software works. Maybe you can search the forum for other threads on the CPD software.

Here is a couple of things to try.

Did you check the Even Viewer for errors?
Did you check the settings in the app.config file?

Offline Mustang 1-1

• Captain
  • VR-Pilot
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2022, 05:22:05 PM »
I honestly have no clue man, thanks for those downloads, and lightning did create some fabulous software and hardware, but this may not work anymore after trying it on some other PC’s and after talking to some good friends of mine about it.

Offline jjbravo

• General
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2022, 06:30:29 PM »
Too bad you and your friends give up so quickly. I'm sure you can find something else that might work.

I just installed and ran as administrator.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Offline Mustang 1-1

• Captain
  • VR-Pilot
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2022, 06:44:08 PM »
I haven’t given up yet, just was waiting for a response. Anyways, so what order did you open it, do you just run it then open the sim? Because I have heard that is the issue sometimes. Lmao how did you get it to work? I will certainly try the administrator thing but have you done anything else besides that?

Offline jjbravo

• General
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2022, 07:34:18 PM »
No, just installed and ran as administrator. It might take a little while for it to display. I didn't test extensively, just opened it after I ran BMS. Shouldn't matter when you open it. It will detect if BMS is running.

Offline lightning

• -=VP Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Software Guru Award: Awarded to those with special software skills Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts
    • Lightning's Tools GitHub repository
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2022, 12:22:07 AM »
Run as admin, run the sim, go into 3D, be master bus and avionics bus  powered up.

Offline Mustang 1-1

• Captain
  • VR-Pilot
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2022, 10:28:14 AM »
Thanks lightning

Offline Rocky

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • Maj. General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2023, 09:12:03 AM »

I have been away for quite a while, but started getting back into it again. I'm having trouble with my CPD software v0_5_8_1_x86. I posted my error log below. Appreciate any help with this issue.

2023-06-27 06:45:31,769 [1] ERROR F16CPD.F16CpdEngine : Illegal characters in path.
 2023-06-27 06:45:31,769         [1] ERROR F16CPD.F16CpdEngine : System.ArgumentException: Illegal characters in path.
   at System.IO.Path.LegacyNormalizePath(String path, Boolean fullCheck, Int32 maxPathLength, Boolean expandShortPaths)
   at System.IO.Path.NormalizePath(String path, Boolean fullCheck, Int32 maxPathLength, Boolean expandShortPaths)
   at System.IO.Path.GetFullPathInternal(String path)
   at System.IO.FileInfo.Init(String fileName, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.FileInfo..ctor(String fileName)
   at F4Utils.Process.KeyFileUtils.GetCurrentKeyFile()
   at F16CPD.SimSupport.Falcon4.Falcon4Support.LoadCurrentKeyFile()
   at F16CPD.SimSupport.Falcon4.Falcon4Support.UpdateManagerFlightData()
   at F16CPD.F16CpdEngine.Render()

Offline henkie

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Electronics Guru Award: Awarded to those with special electronics skills
    • Henk's Viperpit developments
    • Buy me a soda
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2023, 10:50:57 AM »
I am sure more knowledgeable guys will chime in, but what is the full path to F16CPD.F16CpdEngine ???

Or just F16CpdEngine ???

It says that there are illegal character(s) in the path ... maybe a space or "double quotes" ???

Offline lightning

• -=VP Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Software Guru Award: Awarded to those with special software skills Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts
    • Lightning's Tools GitHub repository
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2023, 12:53:39 PM »
CPD software is trying to obtain the path to your BMS KeyFile from BMS shared memory (when that data value is present in sharedmem - if null or empty in sharedmem, it's ignored).  Whichever file path value that CPD is finding in sharedmem for your BMS key file, the .NET runtime is unable to parse, due to what it claims are the presence of illegal characters in the file path.

Please use the BMS shared memory viewer tool that ships with BMS to take a look at your sharedmem String Data values and report back on what you are seeing there for the "KeyFile" string ID. 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal