* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 39
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

* Recent Topics/Posts

DCStoF4 (Standalone version) by SharkNoir
[March 17, 2024, 03:19:25 PM]

Author Topic: Falcon BMS 4.36 is available!  (Read 5501 times)

Offline The_target

• Maj. General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
Falcon BMS 4.36 is available!
« on: April 25, 2022, 08:10:08 AM »

Offline Sandman

• Administrator
  • General
  • VP Awards 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community King for a Day Award: Awarded for an exemplar contribution to the community Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
Re: Falcon BMS 4.36 is available!
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2022, 11:05:39 PM »
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UayVlUyEO5s

Offline Rufus

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2022, 11:45:17 PM »
...already installed... :thumbsup: .
- Rufus

Offline henkie

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Electronics Guru Award: Awarded to those with special electronics skills
    • Henk's Viperpit developments
    • Buy me a soda
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2022, 09:04:59 AM »
I watched the trailer 3x ... sooo cool  :clap:

Really feeding my energy to work on the pit.
Cool to see that EXT LIGHTING is implemented. As I have said before, connect everything in your pit, you never know when some controls get implemented. We saw that with 4.35 and the Team has again put in effort to implement more in 4.36   :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

The end of the trailer showed that there is also a Discord group. Will try to join that group (as a lurker) this evening (now still at work :whistle:)
 :vprules:

Offline The_target

• Maj. General
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2022, 12:28:07 PM »
Code: [Select]
 In addition 4.36 now supports 128 btn. devices. That raises the logical number to 2048 (16 devices * 128 buttons) 
Now, no problem to declare 36 callbacks for SimBupUhfFreq1_2 to SimBupUhfFreq5_75  :clap: :clap: :clap:

Offline henkie

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Electronics Guru Award: Awarded to those with special electronics skills
    • Buy me a soda
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2022, 02:02:27 PM »
Yup, I read also that 128 DX buttons are supported from one device.
That is "just in time", because the Teensy (4.1) in my left side console operates as master, connected (wirelessly) to 3 Arduino slaves. The Teensy connects the entire left side functionality via one USB cable to the PC. To do that, I needed some 125 DX buttons.
By the way, I "encoded" the AUX COMM digitrans as four analog sliders to keep the number of DX buttons below 128  ;D

Offline Marvin

• General
  • Back at again after 10 years!
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Agoge Tactical Regimen
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2022, 03:40:35 PM »
In the last 23 years I have never needed anything to motivate my excitement for BMS..  But fuck me that video really excited me about 4.36.
" Where's the KABOOM! "

Windows 8.1 64 bit, Intel Core i7 - 5820K CPU (3.30GHz 6-cores, 15MB Cache, Overclocked up to 3.8 GHz w/ Turbo Boost), 32.0 GB Quad Channel DDR4 at 2133MHz, 128GB SSD 6Gb/s Main + 2TB 72

Offline The_target

• Maj. General
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2022, 11:46:15 AM »
@henkie
I "encoded" the AUX COMM digitrans as four analog sliders

Then how do you map those analog axis to AUX COMM input and SimIFFBackupMxDigity_z ?

On my IFF, I use SimIFFBackupM_Digit_Inc and SimIFFBackupM_Digit_Dec. As changes are sequential it's fine.
On my UHF, I am currently using INC and DEC. But when rotating quickly a knob, it takes a short time (but visible) to make the required pulses on the INC or DEC to reach the selected value on the associated digit.

Offline raptor

• General
    • 16th Ark Angels
    • Awards

Offline Marvin

• General
  • Back at again after 10 years!
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Agoge Tactical Regimen
    • Awards
" Where's the KABOOM! "

Windows 8.1 64 bit, Intel Core i7 - 5820K CPU (3.30GHz 6-cores, 15MB Cache, Overclocked up to 3.8 GHz w/ Turbo Boost), 32.0 GB Quad Channel DDR4 at 2133MHz, 128GB SSD 6Gb/s Main + 2TB 72

Offline henkie

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Buy me a soda
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2022, 04:11:57 AM »
@henkie
I "encoded" the AUX COMM digitrans as four analog sliders

Then how do you map those analog axis to AUX COMM input and SimIFFBackupMxDigity_z ?

On my IFF, I use SimIFFBackupM_Digit_Inc and SimIFFBackupM_Digit_Dec. As changes are sequential it's fine.
On my UHF, I am currently using INC and DEC. But when rotating quickly a knob, it takes a short time (but visible) to make the required pulses on the INC or DEC to reach the selected value on the associated digit.

I must admit that I do not yet have made the link between the hardware and the PC running BMS.
But I plan to write some code running on the PC that will handle the 4 "analog" sliders representing the 4 digitrans setting on AUX COMM. I write "analog" in quotes, because although it is an analog value, it will only have 10 discrete values (binary coded, step size 64), depending on the setting of the digitran.
The app running on the PC will convert the slider values to the appropriate commands.
I used this "trick" also for the rotary switches on CMDS. It was only used to keep the number of DX buttons in an acceptable range (< 128), which, in hindsight, was a good decision  :whistle:

Offline The_target

• Maj. General
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2022, 05:17:13 AM »
I write "analog" in quotes, because although it is an analog value, it will only have 10 discrete values (binary coded, step size 64),
I did something similar ;) but in order to save inputs on the micro-controller on my panel. Rotaries produce an analog value and are connected to an ADC pin of the PIC, then the firmware convert it and select the proper DX input to activate.

Offline henkie

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Buy me a soda
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2022, 06:39:44 AM »
Yes, that is the trick, just a different approach  ;D
Reading the analog value, and define the switch positions as analog "ranges" (to allow for some jitter and other rubbish that can be imposed on the analog signal).

However, especially for the left side, you need quite a few analog inputs for all the potentiometers.
As seen with the release of BMS 4.36 (EXT LIGHTING panel), you should connect them all ...  :whistle:

Offline Catcher

• Live fearless Live free
  • -=VP Donor=-
  • General
  • Semper WiFi
  • VP Awards Bronze Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2022, 06:59:54 AM »
My Ext Lights panel only does the lights and strobe on the pit exterior itself, not yet in the virtual.

To re-organize the electronics to match the new possibilities, i.e the blink pattern on the sides of the pit.
If anyone knows a 12VDC pcb that does that, please feel welcome to share a link or info 8)

Right now I have the real red and green intake lights on the pit.
They can be steady and intermittent from the panel inside.

Also within those exact units there are tiny RC plane strobes, also controlled from the panel.
So great for when you start taxiing in the sim, you can see em reflected in your peripheral vision.

For that reason I am also planning to do a soft glow light in the front of the pit, connected to the landing/taxi switch (that switch is also working in the sim)
After take off then I get a real sort of feedback when I switch it off.

Offline The_target

• Maj. General
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2022, 07:31:51 AM »
However, especially for the left side, you need quite a few analog inputs for all the potentiometers.
My hardware and firmeware framework can handle way more analog axis than bms requires😁

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal