DCStoF4 (Standalone version) by Jakkuh-15
[April 17, 2024, 09:36:07 AM]

Hello from the UK! by ChrispyBiscuit99
[April 09, 2024, 01:19:26 PM]

Hi! From Turkiye by Foghorn
[April 09, 2024, 12:24:23 PM]

Hello from Greece by Foghorn
[April 09, 2024, 12:24:06 PM]

Author Topic: 4.35 released: what does it changes for us:  (Read 12955 times)

Offline Red Dog

• Administrator
  • General
  • VP Awards 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
4.35 released: what does it changes for us:
« on: December 20, 2020, 08:12:45 AM »
Today the latest 4.35 version of BMS has been released:

What it changes for pitbuilders:

- mandatory use of RTT now for display extraction as older BMS native version of extraction are not supported anymore
- although Yame was kinda hard to get to work with 4.34, YAME work in the same way in 4.35

- Anti ice implemented (right side 3 position sw needed for anti-ice)
- Gear solenoid & Down lock release button implemented (gear panel)
- Anti-skid implemented  (gear panel, need a 3 post mag switch mag to PB and guarded to Anti-skid)
- JFS START 1 implemented  (need a 3 position mag switch for JFS)
- Arrestor system implemented at non generic airbases (hook switch)
- better implementation of the alternate gear system (pull handle and reset button)
- Canopy switch implemented (3 pos) and protected by Spider
- Spider switch implemented (pressure switch starts pressurisation)
- Brake channel system completely implemented (2 channels redundant from FLCCS - need 2 pos switch for CHAN1and 2 on gear panel)
- FLCC branches are true quad and not a single one anymore , they can fail independently
- Taxi light / landing light implementation (need a 3 pos switch)
- Seat Adjust Up/ Down (right side wall)
- knobs now assigned to a analogue axis will register movement (COM1, COM2, etc etc).
- More steps for INT lights knobs

-AIC, Oded, Martin's software, Simshaker, Yame and TIR remains compatible

Out of the blue the above are the stuff that may need to be updated in your cockpits. For the rest, please refer to the BMS forum and enjoy the latest Opus

« Last Edit: December 20, 2020, 01:38:28 PM by Red Dog »
Have a bandit day - Red Dog
Red Dog flight sim's stuff
Red Dog models
Red Dog PPL
Red Dog Discord: 947914531772964865

Offline tiger-31

• General
  • VP Awards 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
Re: 4.35 released: what does it changes for us:
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2020, 09:46:37 AM »
Thanks for the info @Red Dog

Offline Korbi

• Brig.General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2020, 10:28:59 AM »

What does that mean for us? Most of us have this implemented on the cockpit independent from BMS. When the virtual solenoid fails and  our real one does not, then theres a problem...
Best regards

Korbi
VJS 161 "Mad Bulls"

Offline AlbertJ

• LT. General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2020, 10:42:04 AM »
The solution would be an extra switch inside the LG box detecting the Down lock release button when pushed.

Offline Peten

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Bronze Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2020, 11:11:42 AM »

Offline Rufus

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2020, 01:10:04 PM »
The solution would be an extra switch inside the LG box detecting the Down lock release button when pushed.

...or perhaps a relay?  That way if BMS throws a fault the RW switch/solenoid will just go inop as well.
- Rufus

Offline Leech87

• Col.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2020, 01:34:51 PM »
4.35 has a solenoid status bit in the shared memory.
The real solenoid can receive power from this bit, thus simulating a solenoid failure.
The Down lock release button is easy. All you need is plunger switch inside the gear box.

Offline Korbi

• Brig.General
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2020, 02:00:22 PM »
Thanks for the input guys!
Will discuss that with pegasus :)
Best regards

Korbi
VJS 161 "Mad Bulls"

Offline Tulkas

• General
  • VP Awards 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2020, 04:23:59 PM »
Nice post, RD, very useful.

Thanks a lot.

Cheers

Tulkas

Offline Taipan

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2020, 04:47:46 PM »
Thanks for the input guys!
Will discuss that with pegasus :)
Can you do us all a favour and make a post of any updates from him on this please ?
"If the heat don't get you........"

Offline viper26

• Maj. General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2020, 06:19:50 PM »
What is RTT?  I use MFD Extractor.

Offline Rufus

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2020, 06:46:03 PM »
I've been asking myself the same question...RTT is another SM display extractor client that is now apparently built into BMS.  I recall looking it up some time ago and I recall it being a commercial product - but don't quote me strictly.

I'll be very interested in hearing if MFDE still works, because it is what I'm most familiar with... :whistle: .
- Rufus

Offline Blaze

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2020, 09:35:04 PM »
WOW!  This is a very interesting and exciting update in my opinion.  I love any added details that improve realism and it seems there are several good ones with this version.  For instance, a lot of guys may not care about the anti-ice functionality, but I think that is awesome!  Every time another system is  added or improved upon it's a big deal to me.  :whocares:

Kudos and a HUGE thanks to the BMS developers for their time and efforts to make these fantastic improvements that we all benefit from.  Keep it up guys!  :beer2:

Blaze

Offline Leech87

• Col.
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2020, 12:07:09 AM »
They should care about the anti ice system. There are dire consequences if they don't.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2020, 12:43:34 AM by Leech87 »

Offline Rufus

• General
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2020, 12:35:07 AM »
...I'm just glad that I've been buying/hording switches that provide ALL of the switch positions indicated on each panel... :reading: !
- Rufus

Offline henkie

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Electronics Guru Award: Awarded to those with special electronics skills
    • Henk's Viperpit developments
    • Buy me a soda
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2020, 08:20:28 AM »
Indeed @Rufus   ;D
From the beginning, I have wired every switch position in my pit, also all the switches that are non-functional, so I am ready ... But I plan to re-wire my pit anyway  :whistle:
Moving away from a swicth scan matrix, just too much hassle for saving on wiring.

A BIG THANK YOU to the BMS team  :clap: :hail:
 :vprules:

Offline Nigel

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2020, 09:24:34 AM »
Red Dog, Kukki, Chris Link, Rayman, Lightning, Creaseguard, and many others all told me in 2008 to wire up everything. I got itn a hurry and said "I'll come back and do it later" Yeah, right...I wish I had done it then.

Offline lightning

• -=VP Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Software Guru Award: Awarded to those with special software skills Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts
    • Lightning's Tools GitHub repository
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2020, 12:26:21 PM »
I'll be very interested in hearing if MFDE still works, because it is what I'm most familiar with... :whistle: .

Define "still works" :)  MFDE is extremely obsolete, and has been for many years now.  It dates back to 2007 and is built on antiquated 32-bit technology frameworks from the Windows 7 era like WinForms and non-hardware-accelerated 2D graphics technologies like GDI+.  It's now almost 2021.  MFDE was dead a long time ago, but it just somehow keeps refusing to stop breathing. Damned zombie code.

Offline Rufus

• General
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2020, 01:42:15 PM »

Define "still works" :)  MFDE is extremely obsolete, and has been for many years now.  It dates back to 2007 and is built on antiquated 32-bit technology frameworks from the Windows 7 era like WinForms and non-hardware-accelerated 2D graphics technologies like GDI+.  It's now almost 2021.  MFDE was dead a long time ago, but it just somehow keeps refusing to stop breathing. Damned zombie code.

I still use it and it works(ed) so I in no way consider it "dead".  I don't really care how "old" anything is as long as it functions and fills the intent it was invented for.

With the move to RTT (and all the other improvements) it sounds like adjustments will now need to be made...if MFDE still works, I'll probably still use it.  If it doesn't and I can get RTT to work (some are having issues, but I think it's just a learning curve) then I'll probably move to RTT.  I don't really care one way or the other, other than ease of operation.
- Rufus

Offline Nomad

• Col.
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2020, 12:35:27 AM »
Well I spent all day trying to figure out the RTT extraction in BMS 4.35. If your not experienced with working with pixels and multiple displays, and ini files you will be challenged. Here is my outcome:
LT MFD all set up
RWR all set up however no ATD functions available.
RT MFD will not align correctly. Sets up Ok but when you launch BMS it goes to half size and realigns itself to to the right or left.
HUD set up. HUD is rotated 180 deg horizontal and cannot be rotated as it could be in MFDE. Changing display orientation in Windows doesn't make a difference.
There is no STBY ATT or center pedestal gauges in RTT.
MFDE and YAME will not launch in 4.35.

It appears we will not be able to extract STBY ATT, VVI, AOA, Mach Meter, ALT, Horizon,EHSI either if we can't get MFDE or Yame to work. A little disappointed.
Bell206/407 EuroEC135/EC145/BK117/AS350B3E/B2
F16/P51/Cessna172/177/182/206/210/310

Offline Rufus

• General
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2020, 12:52:03 AM »
I think I recall reading a post where someone said that MFDE still does appear to work, so that was encouraging.

From what I'm reading in the BMS forums people are struggling in getting RTT to work.  I've been looking over some of the BMS 4.35 documentation a bit today only to find it a nightmare in the amount of reading to be done...but it is very well done.  I think I'm going to standby a bit and re-start from complete scratch once I get my pit more in order.  I think...

One thing is for sure, if you have a lot of Martin's gear - AOA, VVI, EHSI, RWR, Indexers, DED - this transition is going to be far easier for a pit builder!
- Rufus

Offline jjbravo

• General
  • Callsign: Vino
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2020, 01:48:53 AM »
I don't see a big problem with RTT unless you are using MFDE for extractions which are not supported, then it's a bummer they took something away they didn't replace.

I only use it for MFDs, but I had it setup in minutes, just had to add the missing lines in the ini file for the left MFD. The ini file is pretty well documented. You don't need a server if you are only running one computer.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Offline jjbravo

• General
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2020, 01:50:03 AM »
@Nomad
I don't see the rotation on the HUD extract...however I don't know your screen setup.

« Last Edit: December 22, 2020, 02:16:08 AM by jjbravo »

Offline Red Dog

• Administrator
  • General
  • VP Awards 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2020, 02:15:19 AM »
From what I'm reading in the BMS forums people are struggling in getting RTT to work.  I've been looking over some of the BMS 4.35 documentation a bit today only to find it a nightmare in the amount of reading to be done...but it is very well done. 

Thank you
believe me it was a nightmare writing it as well :)
The RTT stuff is in the technical manual.
Frankly is very simple to use and quite intuitive. I made the switch in less than 5 minutes by simply recopying the position value from the old 4.34 extractor. and off it went working

It appears we will not be able to extract STBY ATT, VVI, AOA, Mach Meter, ALT, Horizon,EHSI either if we can't get MFDE or Yame to work. A little disappointed.

Yame is also working with BMS 4.35. I have used it during the whole development process of 4.35 for my CPD.
MFD would be the same. The only thing that may have been changed is the config options allowing these tools to read the shared mem being off by default rather than ON like before.
Basically you have to ensure that these values are outsourced for them to work.
The logic behind that decision is that the majority of user don't need that function which eats up a little ressource. And pit builder are more technically inclined than the rest of the crowd and would have no problem finding it back :)
A simple comparison between your config.ini (4.34 and 4.35) will probably point you to the config setting.
By the wa, that comparing advise is always a good thing to do upon a release of a new version, it can avoid you many head scratching.

The transition for me with AIC&X-keys was quite simple as well. No major hassle except if you don't have the new switch required (parking brake/anti skid and JFS start1&2)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2020, 02:29:23 AM by Red Dog »
Red Dog models
Red Dog PPL

Offline Catcher

• Live fearless Live free
  • -=VP Donor=-
  • General
  • Semper WiFi
  • VP Awards Bronze Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2020, 11:41:38 AM »
Great RD thx 8)

Some was prepared ages ago and a little extra wiring has to be done here.

Offline Peten

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Bronze Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2020, 12:25:08 PM »
A week ago I had a problem with my anti-ice backlighting, so I had to take the panel apart. Just before I was about to put it back in, the 4.35 went out. Luck me as I didn't wired it before.  :)

Asi

Offline Nomad

• Col.
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2020, 04:30:25 PM »
JJ

With the always on top enabled, can you drag, drop, and resize your MFDs with your mouse?
I have a pit setup and run 6 pit screens 2 MFD, RWR, STDBY ATT, HUD, and CPD, and a main screen.

Nomad

Offline jjbravo

• General
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2020, 04:38:33 PM »
JJ

With the always on top enabled, can you drag, drop, and resize your MFDs with your mouse?
I have a pit setup and run 6 pit screens 2 MFD, RWR, STDBY ATT, HUD, and CPD, and a main screen.

Nomad
No you cannot unfortunately, it's a trial and error on the position, but like RD said, if you have the positions from your old MFDE config, they should translate into the same coordinates in RTT.

Offline Rufus

• General
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2020, 06:26:17 PM »
One more RTT issue - you may find that when you attempt to launch RTT Client or Server that it will fail for missing .dll files.  After a lot of Googling and trying many things that didn't work, I finally discovered one needs to install this updated 2015-2019 Visual C++ distro -

https://aka.ms/vs/16/release/vc_redist.x64.exe

And you have to uninstall any previous 2015 distro you may have currently installed, first.  After I did this I finally got both RTT Client and Server to launch...not that I know anything about what to do with them, but I got them to actually launch... :brickwall: ...finally.
- Rufus

Offline jjbravo

• General
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2020, 06:42:06 PM »
@Rufus
You only need the server if your displays are attached to another computer.
If you run one computer with all screens attached you only need the RTT Client. If you look in the Client.ini file, the settings are very well documented.

John

Offline Rufus

• General
    • Awards
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2020, 07:10:27 PM »
Yes - got that...I was more concerned about neither one of them launching as I was checking things out!  Got it sorted as detailed.
- Rufus

Offline Focaldesign

• General
  • VP Awards King for a Day Award: Awarded for an exemplar contribution to the community Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Buy me a drink
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2020, 11:26:38 AM »

I have RTT for DED, RWR and MFDs and YAME for all the rest without issues.
RTT works, and Yame with the already known workaround that was needed for 4.34.

Offline viper26

• Maj. General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2020, 09:22:44 PM »
I have confirmed that MFDE works.  The only issue I have right now is trying to figure out how this RTT works.  I launch it and get a big and small square with a red X in the middle of each.  Not sure what to do next. 

Offline Rufus

• General
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2020, 11:43:16 PM »
There is a configuration file you have to set up - as far as I can tell, the X'd squares just mean the Client is running and not getting anything from SM yet...I wish they would just put up a blank MFD like MFDE does...

...you have to specify the coordinates to display the MFDs at in this Config file - how you do this for multiple individual screens is beyond me currently, but you must be able to do it somehow.  I have no idea how this will work in conjunction with projectors, but it seems like any time you change you center display (or it's resolution) you may also have to adjust your MFD coordinates to put them in the newly proper places.

I hope that in the future they incorporate the ability to simply drag and drop them like MFDE has...
- Rufus

Offline viper26

• Maj. General
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2020, 11:54:41 PM »
Is this config file in the User Configuration folder?

Offline Nomad

• Col.
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2020, 12:12:39 AM »
It’s in the RTT Client ini file.

Offline viper26

• Maj. General
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: December 25, 2020, 07:25:29 PM »
I got the .ini file updated and the MFDs are correctly aligned with the Red Square and Circle.  I launch RTT client first then launch the game.  When I'm in the pit my screens go blank put no MFDs come up.  Here is my copy of the .ini  I thought it was pretty intuitive but I may have missed something. 

### RTT Client v3.2
### by Dunc, 2020/12

# The preferred renderer to use:
# 0 = SDL2: pick automatically
# 1 = SDL2: Direct3D 9
# 2 = SDL2: Direct3D 11
# 3 = SDL2: OpenGL
# 4 = SDL2: OpenGL ES
# 5 = SDL2: Software
# 6 = SFML: OpenGL
RENDERER = 0

# RTT Client can connect to RTT Server via network, or read the
# local BMS RTT directly, w/o the need for running RTT Server.
# 0 = RTT Client read the local BMS RTT directly
# 1 = RTT Client will connect to RTT Server
NETWORKED = 0

# ONLY IN USE IF "NETWORKED = 0"!
# How often should the client poll the RTT are to check for changes?
# The higher the value, the more GPU/CPU load you generate.
# Note that this value does NOT affect the "smoothness" of the
# display animations. The display can not draw more frames than
# BMS is currently exporting to RTT (which by default is BMS FPS / 2).
FPS = 30

# ONLY IN USE IF "NETWORKED = 1"!
# The IP address and port where the server is running.
# Supports both IPv4 and IPv6.
HOST = 127.0.0.1
PORT = 44000

# ONLY IN USE IF "NETWORKED = 1"!
# If you use the client on a networked PC (not locally), it is
# possible not only to receive the RTT images, but also the "normal"
# shared memory areas. Just enable the ones that you want to access
# remotely, it will be created on the client side for you.
DATA_F4 = 0
DATA_BMS = 0
DATA_OSB = 0
DATA_IVIBE = 0

# These are the displays that we can render on the client. For configuration,
# simply pre- or postfix these strings with "USE_" or "_X", "_Y", "_W", "_H",
# "_ONTOP", like in the examples below.
# HUD
# PFL
# DED
# RWR
# MFDLEFT
# MFDRIGHT
# HMS

# The RWR is usually displayed without any grid/cirle lines (so you can use e.g.
# your own nice glas etchings). However, if you want some (very basic) RWR grid
# to be overlayed on the RWR, set the following to 1:
RWR_GRID = 0

# Which RTT displays do you want to show on the client side?
USE_HUD = 0
USE_PFL = 0
USE_DED = 0
USE_RWR = 0
USE_MFDLEFT = 1
USE_MFDRIGHT = 1
USE_HMS = 0

# Each display that you want to see must have at least TWO config
# entries: X and Y coordinate (of the upper left corner).
# Additionally, you can specify the width W and the height H of the
# display. If you do not specify width and height, the original
# size of the RTT will be used (but the "no connection placeholder"
# will not show the correct size until the server is actually sending
# valid data). Note that the X/Y coordinates originate in the upper
# left corner of your MAIN windows screen. So you can have negative
# coordinates if you e.g. use a monitor to the left or above the main
# screen.
# Furthermore, RTT Client can *try* to render displays "always on top",
# (ONTOP = 1, default 0) allowing you to overlay displays e.g. on the
# main BMS view.
# Examples:

MFDLEFT_X = -2970
MFDLEFT_Y = 85
MFDLEFT_W = 964
MFDLEFT_H = 1007
MFDLEFT_ONTOP = 0

MFDRIGHT_X = -1222
MFDRIGHT_Y = 118
MFDRIGHT_W = 989
MFDRIGHT_H = 990
MFDRIGHT_ONTOP = 0

Offline viper26

• Maj. General
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: December 25, 2020, 08:59:55 PM »
Found this on the BMS forums and it fixed my issue:  Go to C:/Falcon BMS 4.35/user/falcon bms.cfg and search for this :
set g_bExportRTTTextures 0 change 0 to 1.

Offline Rufus

• General
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: December 25, 2020, 10:28:07 PM »
I think I read that and read right over/past it...but now that I see you post it makes far more sense...

...should think this should be default setting, seeing as how RTT is supposed to be the new hotness?
- Rufus

Offline Red Dog

• Administrator
  • General
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: December 26, 2020, 04:51:55 AM »
post 23 explains why :)

And I told you guys to have a look at the RTT chapter in the tech manual didn't I?
You really made it hard on yourselves on this one.
Red Dog models
Red Dog PPL

Offline KK

• General
  • VP Awards Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: December 26, 2020, 06:11:51 AM »
We have RTT and we also have RFM (Read a f* manual)

The manuals from Red Dog are a great read.
Especially his BMS COMMS and NAV MANUAL
is my favourite. This is a must for every one.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2020, 07:07:31 AM by KK »
Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Offline AlbertJ

• LT. General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2020, 09:49:54 AM »
Today the latest 4.35 version of BMS has been released:

What it changes for pitbuilders:

- mandatory use of RTT now for display extraction as older BMS native version of extraction are not supported anymore
- although Yame was kinda hard to get to work with 4.34, YAME work in the same way in 4.35

- Anti ice implemented (right side 3 position sw needed for anti-ice)
- Anti-skid implemented  (gear panel, need a 3 post mag switch mag to PB and guarded to Anti-skid)
- JFS START 1 implemented  (need a 3 position mag switch for JFS)
- Arrestor system implemented at non generic airbases (hook switch)
- better implementation of the alternate gear system (pull handle and reset button)
- Canopy switch implemented (3 pos) and protected by Spider
- Spider switch implemented (pressure switch starts pressurisation)
- Brake channel system completely implemented (2 channels redundant from FLCCS - need 2 pos switch for CHAN1and 2 on gear panel)
- FLCC branches are true quad and not a single one anymore , they can fail independently
- Taxi light / landing light implementation (need a 3 pos switch)
- Seat Adjust Up/ Down (right side wall)
- knobs now assigned to a analogue axis will register movement (COM1, COM2, etc etc).
- More steps for INT lights knobs

-AIC, Oded, Martin's software, Simshaker, Yame and TIR remains compatible

Out of the blue the above are the stuff that may need to be updated in your cockpits. For the rest, please refer to the BMS forum and enjoy the latest Opus

@Red Dog

Do you know if there will be an small update regarding the AIC lightbits?
Till 4.34 the FLCS PWR indicator on the test panel was only using one lightbit, but for 4.35 we now need 4 separate lightbits.

Today I discovered during a rampstart that the indicator will not light up at all with the FLCS switch in test position.

Offline Red Dog

• Administrator
  • General
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2020, 10:14:53 AM »
yes and more

The 4 branches indeed have their own bit and the gear solenoid was added amongst other features.
I guess Falcas will have to update his website with the newest version of AIC. Don't know when he plans to do that.

I'm sure it will be done when he actually also update WDP and MC which haven't been updated for 4.35 public as far as I know
Red Dog models
Red Dog PPL

Offline Marvin

• General
  • Back at again after 10 years!
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Agoge Tactical Regimen
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2020, 11:33:48 AM »
yes and more

The 4 branches indeed have their own bit and the gear solenoid was added amongst other features.
I guess Falcas will have to update his website with the newest version of AIC. Don't know when he plans to do that.

I'm sure it will be done when he actually also update WDP and MC which haven't been updated for 4.35 public as far as I know

He already has it done.  We've been using it for a while.  I guess he just needs to upload the link.
" Where's the KABOOM! "

Windows 8.1 64 bit, Intel Core i7 - 5820K CPU (3.30GHz 6-cores, 15MB Cache, Overclocked up to 3.8 GHz w/ Turbo Boost), 32.0 GB Quad Channel DDR4 at 2133MHz, 128GB SSD 6Gb/s Main + 2TB 72

Offline jjbravo

• General
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2020, 11:51:37 AM »
Don't want to be rude, but this is a F4ToPokeys Thread, not AIC  ;)

F4ToPokeys has been updated with all the new flags.

Offline Red Dog

• Administrator
  • General
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #45 on: December 28, 2020, 12:12:35 PM »
Don't want to be rude, but this is a F4ToPokeys Thread, not AIC  ;)

You must be confused JJbravo :)
this topic is general and not exclusively forF4toPokey, matter of fact I didn't talk about it at all, not being experienced with it.

I started it on a general viewpoint regardless of the config used
there is no need to be exclusive :)

He already has it done.  We've been using it for a while.
Marv; I know he did obviously as I have been using it quite a bit myself, I also know he didn't release it to the public yet.
Dunno why though, probably time issues...
Red Dog models
Red Dog PPL

Offline jjbravo

• General
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: December 28, 2020, 12:19:19 PM »
« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 11:00:59 AM by jjbravo »

Offline Marvin

• General
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Agoge Tactical Regimen
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: December 28, 2020, 12:32:38 PM »
@Red Dog Sorry..  Reading your post again I realized I was just reiterating what you already wrote..  Maybe I should wake up first before I post.  lol  Just like jjbravo!  :DOH:
" Where's the KABOOM! "

Windows 8.1 64 bit, Intel Core i7 - 5820K CPU (3.30GHz 6-cores, 15MB Cache, Overclocked up to 3.8 GHz w/ Turbo Boost), 32.0 GB Quad Channel DDR4 at 2133MHz, 128GB SSD 6Gb/s Main + 2TB 72

Offline tiger-31

• General
  • VP Awards 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: December 28, 2020, 12:37:48 PM »
@Red Dog Sorry..  Reading your post again I realized I was just reiterating what you already wrote..  Maybe I should wake up first before I post.  lol    :DOH:

You are not by any chance using nitrous oxide instead of oxygen in your scuba tank @Marvin ? :whistle:

Offline Nigel

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: December 28, 2020, 01:06:10 PM »
yes and more

Falcas is away for a time for work related stuff. When he gets back I'm sure he will update as RD says.

Offline jjbravo

• General
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: December 29, 2020, 10:53:57 AM »
I started it on a general viewpoint regardless of the config used
there is no need to be exclusive :)
Sorry RD, thought this was the other thread. Like Jody said, I need to stop posting when I’m tired.

Offline Red Dog

• Administrator
  • General
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: December 29, 2020, 11:19:29 AM »
Happens to me all the time JJ :)
Red Dog models
Red Dog PPL

BlackEagle88

« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2021, 05:10:51 AM »
4.35 has a solenoid status bit in the shared memory.
The real solenoid can receive power from this bit, thus simulating a solenoid failure.
The Down lock release button is easy. All you need is plunger switch inside the gear box.

So how can we upgrade our LG panel?

As by now I’m using the white pushbutton located on the LG handle to activate the solenoid that, now, is just plugget to a power supply.

How can we now operate this pushbutton and let the solenoid move if now we should wire the solenoid to a Relay card? How the sim can detect this pushbutton?

I’m still confused on how this new features works.

Offline Red Dog

• Administrator
  • General
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2021, 05:20:20 AM »
http://www.viperpits.org/smf/index.php?topic=537.msg180750#msg180750

in that post I explain how it should work,, that's a start to understand how to wire it.
I intend to use a relay to drive the solenoid bit from the sharedmem.
and I intend to use another relay to interface the WOW bit.

The think that blocks me for now is how to implement a mechanical override of the solenoid without a real mechanical system in our gearbox. I hope this is addressed by software rather than making mandatory for us to build a mechanical override.

I am sure more experienced ppl in electronics could come up with something to lead us amateurs on the right track :)
Red Dog models
Red Dog PPL

Offline Cupra

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • 1st VFW "Glory Wings"
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2021, 05:47:24 AM »
Or a simple option in BMS to be able to use the old hardware as it was... thosewho want to use the new version can, the others can stay at what they have built.

BlackEagle88

« Reply #55 on: January 03, 2021, 07:15:15 AM »
http://www.viperpits.org/smf/index.php?topic=537.msg180750#msg180750

in that post I explain how it should work,, that's a start to understand how to wire it.
I intend to use a relay to drive the solenoid bit from the sharedmem.
and I intend to use another relay to interface the WOW bit.

The think that blocks me for now is how to implement a mechanical override of the solenoid without a real mechanical system in our gearbox. I hope this is addressed by software rather than making mandatory for us to build a mechanical override.

I am sure more experienced ppl in electronics could come up with something to lead us amateurs on the right track :)

Great start point!

So i checked F4ToPokeys Bits for the LG and we have one for the LG Solenoid and one for WOW.

That’s my project:

Wire the LG solenoid to my relays card in Normally opened way. On the positive solenoid wire i will place the white down consent button.  When on air the relay will change status in close, but solenoid will retract the shaft only if I press the white button.
On the ground the Relay goes OFF, so White button becomes inoperative.

For WOW Solenoid I will wire it as Normally closed to my Relays board.

In flight it stays OFF ( so closed), allowing normal LG operations.

While on the ground it change status in ON, Relay opens and the solenoid shaft also, locking the LG handle movement.

The remaining part is the mechanical DN Lock Release button. I’m planning to place the second solenoid on the other (is it safe or heat can be a problem?). The DN L R will phisically move out both solenoids shafts (one per time given the situation). Then the DN L R button will close a switch for the relevant keystroke in BMS.

I think this should work.

Let me know your impressions
« Last Edit: January 03, 2021, 10:49:19 AM by BlackEagle88 »

Offline Nomad

• Col.
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: January 04, 2021, 11:22:07 AM »
So I get both MFDs set up and centered with RTT client.  When I launch in 4.35 my right MFD goes to 1/2 the size and is in the top left corner of the RT MFD screen. When I go to fly it is even smaller in the top left of RT MFD screen but functioning.  Left MFD positions and functions fine. I've tried different screen resolutions and the same thing occurs. Ive followed all the RTT client instructions and saved my file.  Anyone else having this issue?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2021, 02:11:22 PM by Nomad »

Offline Nomad

• Col.
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2021, 02:06:22 PM »
Launch mode

Offline Nomad

• Col.
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: January 04, 2021, 02:09:29 PM »
Game mode

Offline Kukki

• General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: January 05, 2021, 01:29:47 AM »
Chk your ini file again and chk if your right screen have the same resolution as the left one, if its higher res. Tjen your R mfd settings must also be higher eidth and hight
Try that

Offline Nomad

• Col.
    • Awards
« Reply #60 on: January 06, 2021, 12:16:44 PM »
Checked ini file again all looked good. Both MFD screens at same resolution.  Still have same problem.

Offline Kukki

• General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: January 06, 2021, 12:27:35 PM »
From the picture on the right screen it looks like you dont have tje X and Y coordinates the tight place regards to the screen

Try chk that again and just put some other coordinates in for the right mfd and see how it moves

Offline Nomad

• Col.
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: January 06, 2021, 09:40:33 PM »
Started from scratch and reset and aligned both MFD’s again with ini. Started RTT client from BMS and MFDs still aligned.  Launched BMS and RTMFD moved halfway to the right. LTMFD still okay. Went to Instant Action and RTMFD moved further to the right. Both MFDs displayed data from game.  Exited game and returned to desktop and RTT realigned both MFDs to their correct positions still displaying the BMS data.

Offline jjbravo

• General
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: January 06, 2021, 10:37:40 PM »
Sounds like something the devs needs to look at.

Offline Marvin

• General
    • Agoge Tactical Regimen
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: January 06, 2021, 10:50:26 PM »
I just wish they left the extractor alone.  It worked fine.
" Where's the KABOOM! "

Offline Red Dog

• Administrator
  • General
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: January 07, 2021, 01:53:10 AM »
I think it wasn't possible to use it after moving to DX11
so we lost it anyway and I 'm grateful Dunc took charge with RTT.

I'm trying to understand Nomad issue but I don't see that behavior. Are you sure you have both your MFD on the left side of your main?
I don't think that's the issue because normally we shouldn't have the switch anymore. But what I see reported here is very weird.

Nomad, any chance you can post a video of that behavior so I can forward it to the dev?

« Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 02:07:48 AM by Red Dog »
Red Dog models
Red Dog PPL

Offline Nomad

• Col.
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: January 07, 2021, 09:27:17 AM »
Here is my ini. and screen setup.
1 RTMFD
5 LTMFD

Offline Red Dog

• Administrator
  • General
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: January 07, 2021, 09:33:07 AM »
Thanks

can you do me a favour and just try to move the screen of the right to the left side?
Just to be sure...
Red Dog models
Red Dog PPL

Offline Nomad

• Col.
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: January 07, 2021, 10:17:38 AM »
Do you want me to swap screen 1 and 5 to opposite sides?

Offline KK

• General
  • VP Awards Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: January 07, 2021, 10:39:40 AM »
NO don't swap them. Put them all in one line. Start with the main screen(s) on the left side and then put the MFD's on the right side.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 10:48:52 AM by KK »

Offline Nomad

• Col.
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: January 07, 2021, 11:51:57 AM »
I tried the following configurations

Main screen-LTMFD-RTMFD all in line to right
then
Main screen-RTMFD-LTMFD all in line to right
I reconfigured INI. both times ran the RTT client and they were aligned both times in MFD screen.
Launched:
Neither of the above configurations worked. The positions were even further out of line
Instant Action:
Even worse

Weird and frustrating.
Windows 10
Both MFD screens the same size. Both resolution 1024x768 both Landscape orientation

BlackEagle88

« Reply #71 on: January 07, 2021, 05:46:48 PM »
Hi all,
so i tried my project for new LG capabilities.

Here a short video
https://youtu.be/AeVSX-PqbS8

It works, but solenoids gets very hot and after 5 minutes my relay card starts to make strange sounds... any idea? I’m feared to maintain this configuration. At the moment I’m using a CAN8 Relay from Polabs, 12V relays version. Attached 5 magnets for Autopilot, parcking brakes and JFS 1 & 2. Then these 2 solenoids, 12 V. Any suggestion?

Offline jjbravo

• General
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: January 07, 2021, 05:55:43 PM »
Hi all,

Here a short video

It works, but solenoids gets very hot and after 5 minutes my relay card starts to make strange sounds... any idea? I’m feared to maintain this configuration. At the moment I’m using a CAN8 Relay from Polabs, 12V relays version. Attached 5 magnets for Autopilot, parcking brakes and JFS 1 & 2. Then these 2 solenoids, 12 V. Any suggestion?
Hi @BlackEagle88
Your relay should only be active when:
1. Your gear is down and no WOW . So right after you have lifted off and WOW disabled.
2. In the air when your gear is up and you push the permission button
3. After you lowered your gear in the air (same as 1)

The real gear handle have the same issue with getting hot and burning out. This usually happens if pilots play with the permission button or have the gear down for too long. I added a electronic card to my gear panel which will trigger the solenoid at the full volt, then lower the voltage to keep the solenoid engaged.

See this post:
http://www.viperpits.org/smf/index.php?topic=11400.msg175640#msg175640
« Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 06:02:13 PM by jjbravo »

BlackEagle88

« Reply #73 on: January 07, 2021, 06:17:30 PM »
Hi all,

Here a short video

Hi @BlackEagle88
1. Your gear is down and no WOW . So right after you have lifted off and WOW disabled.

The real gear handle have the same issue with getting hot and burning out. This usually happens if pilots play with the permission button or have the gear down for too long. I added a electronic card to my gear panel which will trigger the solenoid at the full volt, then lower the voltage to keep the solenoid engaged.

See this post:

Hi JJ! That seems the solution! I will read your post and try to understand how to wire this card to my 2 solenoids.

Thank you so much, will keep you updated on that

Offline Romanski

• MSC
  • Administrator
  • General
  • www.31st.nl
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Electronics Guru Award: Awarded to those with special electronics skills Software Guru Award: Awarded to those with special software skills King for a Day Award: Awarded for an exemplar contribution to the community Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: January 08, 2021, 01:44:03 AM »
I think it wasn't possible to use it after moving to DX11
so we lost it anyway and I 'm grateful Dunc took charge with RTT.

I'm trying to understand Nomad issue but I don't see that behavior. Are you sure you have both your MFD on the left side of your main?
I don't think that's the issue because normally we shouldn't have the switch anymore. But what I see reported here is very weird.

Nomad, any chance you can post a video of that behavior so I can forward it to the dev?

Hi RD,

I have not converted yet my pit to 4.35 , but after i read this topic i am afraid will screw up all my configurations i did past couple of months.
I have found this video also :

https://youtu.be/cwkh_UxUH4g

Is there anybody who succeded with multi display configurations on the 4.35 ?

Thanks,
Romanski
"...Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die!
Won't you run, live to fly, fly to live, Aces high!"

Offline Red Dog

• Administrator
  • General
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #75 on: January 08, 2021, 02:17:18 AM »
That RTT bug is really annoying.
i'm very confident update 1 will fix the issue and hopefully update 1 is not too far away

Red Dog models
Red Dog PPL

Offline Romanski

• MSC
  • Administrator
  • General
  • www.31st.nl
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Electronics Guru Award: Awarded to those with special electronics skills Software Guru Award: Awarded to those with special software skills King for a Day Award: Awarded for an exemplar contribution to the community Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community
    • Awards
« Reply #76 on: January 08, 2021, 02:31:12 AM »
That RTT bug is really annoying.
i'm very confident update 1 will fix the issue and hopefully update 1 is not too far away

Thanks RD.
"...Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die!
Won't you run, live to fly, fly to live, Aces high!"

Offline Snoopy

• General
  • Flying Snoopy Airways
  • VP Awards Triplet Award: Awarded after 3 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #77 on: January 08, 2021, 03:32:41 AM »
Last weekend I played a bit with RTT and got it to work. But I had some strange behaviour which I am not sure is normal.

With older versions the extracted (MFD) screens opened automatically when starting BMS. With RTT I have to start them manually each time. Not such a problem, just an inconvenience. But when closing BMS they do not close. RTT remains active and I can not close it normally. Each time I have to first open task manager and then find the RTT task and delete it.

Is this normal?

Offline KK

• General
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: January 08, 2021, 04:37:16 AM »
You don't have to close them via Taskmanager.
Just right click on that icon down in the taskbar and make the Shutdown RTTClient.
I know you don't like to hear that but It's written in the MANUAL!

Offline Snoopy

• General
  • Flying Snoopy Airways
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: January 08, 2021, 05:56:15 AM »
You don't have to close them via Taskmanager.
Just right click on that icon down in the taskbar and make the Shutdown RTTClient.
I know you don't like to hear that but It's written in the MANUAL!
Maybe, I wasn't clear enough. That is what I tried of course, but it doesn't work. When I right click in the taskbar and click on shutdown or the X, nothing happens. I can only get RTT to close through the task-manager.

BlackEagle88

« Reply #80 on: January 08, 2021, 01:01:26 PM »
Hi all,

Here a short video

Hi @BlackEagle88

See this post:

Board bought. Waiting for delivery, then I will contact you for wiring. Thank you!

Offline Kukki

• General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: January 08, 2021, 01:34:50 PM »
right click on the icon and then close the RTT 2 times, then it closes.  its a bug.

I have a little program here you can use to start all your sim SW and then when you close that program then it terminates all your programs also.

Here it is: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7z8bp52a230k9aa/ViperWizard_0.3b.zip?dl=0

Kukki

Offline Snoopy

• General
  • Flying Snoopy Airways
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: January 08, 2021, 03:52:22 PM »
Thanks!   :clap: I'll try that tomorrow.

BlackEagle88

« Reply #83 on: January 09, 2021, 03:24:37 AM »
Hi all,

Here a short video

Hi @BlackEagle88

See this post:

Hi JJ.

My lever lock solenoid is ON when in air, this one don’t need the special card because solenoid don’t activates unless I press the white consent button and that’s happen for 2 seconds max. When in air gear gear handle can be rised up without pressing the white button cause there is no shaft hole wher the shaft can insert and block movement.

The only one solenoid that needs this special card is WOW, cause it stays active for a longer time.
This is for my LG at least..

Anyway I ordered the board, will let you know when arrives

Offline jjbravo

• General
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: January 09, 2021, 04:40:34 AM »
Hi all,

Here a short video

Hi @BlackEagle88

See this post:

Hi JJ.

My lever lock solenoid is ON when in air, this one don’t need the special card because solenoid don’t activates unless I press the white consent button and that’s happen for 2 seconds max. When in air gear gear handle can be rised up without pressing the white button cause there is no shaft hole wher the shaft can insert and block movement.

The only one solenoid that needs this special card is WOW, cause it stays active for a longer time.
This is for my LG at least..

Anyway I ordered the board, will let you know when arrives

Your solenoid should not be active when WOW is activated. When you have Weight on Wheels you should not be able to raise your gear.
That's why the new Solenoid status is "0 not powered or failed or WOW  , 1 is working OK"
So as soon as you lift off, then the solenoid activates.
The only time your solenoid is on constantly is when you are in the air with your gear down.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 04:52:42 AM by jjbravo »

Offline Diabolo_101

• Lt. Col
  • Still not finished...
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: January 09, 2021, 07:46:38 AM »
Hello, there is one thing I'd like to clarify: are the bits activated with the corresponding value in the sim? I'm explaining:I changed my landing gear box this way:
- Previously, white push button on the lever directly activated the blocking solenoid (it retracted directly on button push)
- Now, it sends the Push button action to the sim and the locking solenoid is deactivated ONLY if the bit is set to active in the sim. My understanding is that this bit will only change status if we are in the conditions to activate it,
My point is then why must we have a Wow solenoid if the sim handles the status? I just added a push button for the Down lock release (I kept the mechanical option as well, just like in AlbertJ adaptation), for the information to reach the sim as well. Am I right or am I missing something?

Offline Rufus

• General
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: January 09, 2021, 12:44:25 PM »
It all depends on how your landing gear box is wired - if the sim controls your soleniod, then there' probably nothing you need do. 

But if the button controls your solenoid directly (which is the case with Martin's gear box, in that you can make it operate even without BMS running) then you need to include some sort of BMS controlled interruption of the button.

My plan is to simply wire in a relay which will open the circuit if BMS sets the bit.
- Rufus

Offline Rufus

• General
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: January 12, 2021, 03:01:27 PM »
Ok...so how are people getting Trigger Detent 1 and Trigger Detent 2 assigned correctly?

With my WH stick I can't get to Detent 2 without having Detent 1 also invoked - so it seems I can only assign 1 or 2, but not both.  Is there a place in the keyfile I can edit?
- Rufus

Offline AlbertJ

• LT. General
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: January 12, 2021, 03:19:38 PM »
In bms, first assign detent 1 and hold it. Then select detent 2 in bms and squeeze the trigger for detent 2 to assign.

Offline Rufus

• General
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: January 12, 2021, 04:02:43 PM »
I've tried that and I end up getting Detent 2 assigned to both...I guess you have to cuss just right... :brickwall: ...but I'll try it again...
- Rufus

Offline Kukki

• General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #90 on: January 12, 2021, 04:04:51 PM »
assign detent 2 first, just press pass the first detent and then higligt the 2. detent in ben and then squize full in, and then the 1. detend is easy :-)

Offline Rufus

• General
    • Awards
« Reply #91 on: January 12, 2021, 04:20:04 PM »
I'm getting closer...I just tried what AlbertJ suggested and ended up with Detent 2 assigned to 1, and Detent 1 assigned to 2...which is more than I was getting, but backwards... :digger:

I'll try this next!
- Rufus

Offline Rufus

• General
    • Awards
« Reply #92 on: January 13, 2021, 12:03:33 AM »
Ok...I got it to work.  I don't recall this being such a pain when I set up 4.34, but I've aged over the last 3-4 weeks and I probably have developed some dexterity issues... :goodthoughts: .
- Rufus

Offline Red Dog

• Administrator
  • General
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #93 on: January 13, 2021, 01:32:33 AM »
nothing changed from 4.34 to 4.35 regarding triggers
Mines are programmed simply like this and have been working for a decade

BTN TG1 /H DX_Firsttriggerdetent                     
BTN TG2 /H second_trigger_detent

One is DX (first) the second is not
the first /H may be too much, but it works so I always kept it
Red Dog models
Red Dog PPL

Offline KK

• General
    • Awards
« Reply #94 on: January 13, 2021, 04:26:04 AM »
Yesterday I had my first couple of flights in BMS 4.35
with my pit all setup to the new environment.

What a great and rewarding time!

Flying through clouds is just awesome,
RTTClient performed flawless,
the data in the MFD's is a lot more detailed,
TAXI light really light's up the tarmac,
nice little details in the sceneries,
bumping when taxiing,
more panels are integrated now, ...

My old trusty Nvidia GTX 970 gives me a whopping
100 fps as an average with 3840 * 1024 (3 x 1280) plus
2 x MFD 800 x 600.

Don't get me wrong. I had my up's and down's too,
used many power words until it was all set up again.
I encountered obstacles you name it.
DirectX11 killed the SoftTH program which is stuck in DirectX9 aera.
And luckily it did!
I had to find another solution for it found it with the
Surround option from Nvidia which can do that too but a lot faster.
Flipping Displays is not possible with RTTClient but
it can be done in Nvidia settings or Windows Display settings.
The Pegasus stuff works but there we have the problem
that RTTClient wants to have VC++ 2015 - 2019 Redist Package
but DEDCapture wants VC++ 2012 Redist.

Its important that you take notes of every installation step you do
and evaluate if it was to the good or the bad.
Don't hesitate to reinstall the entire procedure over and over again
to make it better everytime.

I'm using Windows 7 X64 SP1 and have none of
this f* antivirus/ firewalling / webwashing / security shit installed.
My flying PC does never see the Internet.
I sacrifice all this for speed, Speed, SPEED.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 04:32:40 AM by KK »

Offline Nomad

• Col.
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: January 13, 2021, 08:53:30 AM »
KK

I have Pegasus DED, PFL, FFI and Landing gear box. They all set up okay. But do not display in 4.35. What’s the fix?

Offline KK

• General
    • Awards
« Reply #96 on: January 13, 2021, 09:23:47 AM »
I have Pegasus DED, PFL, FFI and Landing gear box. They all set up okay. But do not display in 4.35. What’s the fix?

Hard to tell from a distance. I assume you don't get any error messages when starting DEDCapture.
I also assume you have configured your instruments in DEDCapture. Make sure you tick 'Enable Output'
for all relevant instruments. Also define the Falcon Process in tab Other.
It must point to your Falcon exe file. Start DEDCapture before you start BMS.
Have a check for each device in the appropriate tab (Toothwheel with T).
This test must make an output. This worked for me.
I also didn't have an output in the beginning and it was because the Falcon process was not defined.

Offline gancio

• -=VP Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #97 on: January 13, 2021, 09:38:13 AM »
W7 Asus GTX 970 here, AIC+DEDCapture ( DED-AOA-VVI-EHSI-EADI-RWR) very fast test within 4.35 so far no probs....finger crossed.

Offline Nomad

• Col.
    • Awards
« Reply #98 on: January 13, 2021, 10:43:02 AM »
KK

I checked all you listed items they were all good. I had no output file in other tab.  Is it Falcon BMS 4.35\Launcher.exe

Offline Kukki

• General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #99 on: January 13, 2021, 11:11:56 AM »
4.35 works fine with BMS 4.35

Did you point to the exe file in the bin folder?

Offline Nomad

• Col.
    • Awards
« Reply #100 on: January 13, 2021, 11:26:21 AM »
Got it in the bin file. All is working woohoo. Thank you KK and Kukki you guys are awesome!!

Offline Rufus

• General
    • Awards
« Reply #101 on: January 13, 2021, 02:59:59 PM »
nothing changed from 4.34 to 4.35 regarding triggers
Mines are programmed simply like this and have been working for a decade

BTN TG1 /H DX_Firsttriggerdetent                     
BTN TG2 /H second_trigger_detent

One is DX (first) the second is not
the first /H may be too much, but it works so I always kept it

Yeah...was pretty sure of that.  Had to be the way I was holding it.
- Rufus

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal