* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 12
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Recent Topics/Posts

DCStoF4 (Standalone version) by SharkNoir
[March 17, 2024, 03:19:25 PM]

Author Topic: Cutoff/Idle detent with Pegasus tqs  (Read 2289 times)

Offline Mustang 1-1

• Captain
  • VR-Pilot
    • Awards
Re: Cutoff/Idle detent with Pegasus tqs
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2023, 10:12:58 PM »
I got a really rubbery and flexible cable and stripped it and pulled all of the wiring out so I just had a rubber casing and I wrapped it around the fumble and stick on the warthog and it reduced the movement for force calibrations. You can also get some o-ring that acts as a way to remove all movement. I also put some foam in the cursor of a cougar and reduced the movement more like a transducer too. Those methods work really well

Offline Rufus

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2023, 10:20:31 PM »
The hard part is that the WH centering isn't as positive as it needs to be to make that work well - I had to play with the dead zone so that it would move enough to cause an axis input.  But with the stock spring the breakout is still a bit "light".

I'll eventually end up putting a Hornet grip (which has it's own set of problems...) on this base and using with my FCC3 or Ribbstik in my cockpit.  Probably my Ribbstick...I have a couple parts to machine and 3D print yet - an idea for a replica mounting ring that looks more like a real one, and a stabilizing wedge to add some relief for bottom of the WH grip.  I've seen a few of these, but none that are for the angled tailpiece.  Yet...
- Rufus

Offline Cupra

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • 1st VFW "Glory Wings"
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2023, 01:41:52 AM »
If you dont want to wait until that fact is fixed in DCS, wh not just mounting a sollswitch at the end position. Can also be done on an hidden place...
And write Mails to ED to get that shit fixed ;)

Offline Red Dog

• Administrator
  • General
  • VP Awards 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2023, 02:10:53 AM »
The detents can be make to work in DCS. You just have to adapt your throttle axis curve in DCS
Raptor was kind enough to explain:
http://www.viperpits.org/smf/index.php?topic=11885.0
Have a bandit day - Red Dog
Red Dog flight sim's stuff
Red Dog models
Red Dog PPL
Red Dog Discord: 947914531772964865

Offline Mustang 1-1

• Captain
  • VR-Pilot
    • Awards