* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 2
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Recent Topics/Posts

Hello from Canada by ChrispyBiscuit99
[April 30, 2024, 06:49:56 AM]

Author Topic: So what's news in BMS 4.32 for pit builders?  (Read 28148 times)

Offline vito_zm

• Col.
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
Re: So what's news in BMS for pit builders?
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2011, 04:25:59 AM »
Thanks for yours advices. One remark I have WinXP, so I think that new Win7 will improve my fps.

lotzo

« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2011, 08:53:33 AM »
hi

i have 70+fps with 2 x mfd export

but the 3d world ist not really fluid  -> Micro-stuttering
with mfd?s off -> no stutters

-with Nvidia or ATI
-with one vga  for all
-with a seperate vga for the mfd?s

mfg

Offline Rocky

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • Maj. General
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2011, 04:11:23 PM »
I took RD's advice and tweaked his new BMS4.32 keyfile. I have changed some of them and added many more.
For example...x=keys doesn't like ALT '. Working with Xpadder and X-keys, I found it necessary to map the keyfile with particular keys as oppossed to the wildcard 0XFFFFF.
I added an excel file for easy reference of existing and future keyfile availability.
Reminder leave the SHF CTL ALT 1,2,3 open for Lightning's MFDE for BMS????????????

Rocky

Offline Falcao

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • LT. General
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2011, 08:36:47 PM »
hey RD, him using your key file and i?m having issues with the dogfight switch in the cougar.
everytime i switch DF, it changes to DF mode for half a second and then turns back to NAV mode.
 ...or i?m missing something?

cheers
(v)2Lt Harpoon
872nd Fighter Squadron
http://www.87th.org

Offline Kukki

• General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2011, 03:38:16 AM »
Hey Falcao!
Look in the view in the Cougar Control panel and see if the switch flip back there too (it light up red when its on)
If it does spike in the controlpanel its not the keyfile.

Could be a gnd problem.

Kukki
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 03:50:07 AM by Kukki »

Offline Reboot

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2011, 03:45:25 AM »

Reminder leave the SHF CTL ALT 1,2,3 open for Lightning's MFDE for BMS????????????

@Rocky,
                  BMS doesn?t have the 2D pit anymore, so it isn?t necessary to switch backwards and forwards with the Hot-Keys,

If MFD-E doesn?t need them, then there available for Key mapping. 

Offline Red Dog

• Administrator
  • General
  • VP Awards 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2011, 09:55:46 AM »
Do you leave the switch in position or do you recenter it after half a second?
I didn't put any delay and special function in there as I remember and i don't have the issue ...

hey RD, him using your key file and i?m having issues with the dogfight switch in the cougar.
everytime i switch DF, it changes to DF mode for half a second and then turns back to NAV mode.
 ...or i?m missing something?

cheers
Have a bandit day - Red Dog
Red Dog flight sim's stuff
Red Dog models
Red Dog PPL
Red Dog Discord: 947914531772964865

Offline sagrzmnky

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2011, 01:48:30 PM »
With BMS and Cougar, do you guys still use Foxy to program or Target? I was using Target, but I get real tired of the startup and shut down of Target.  I know that if you use these programs, you can program multiple layers, but is that realistic? The 3d pit in BMS 4.32 makes it easier to use the pit switches anyway.
Phillip "Grease Monkey" Clark

My build thread
http://www.viperpits.org/smf/index.php?topic=6942.0
 Pokeys, x-key

Rambo

« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2011, 03:37:43 PM »
With BMS and Cougar, do you guys still use Foxy to program or Target? I was using Target, but I get real tired of the startup and shut down of Target.  I know that if you use these programs, you can program multiple layers, but is that realistic? The 3d pit in BMS 4.32 makes it easier to use the pit switches anyway.

Is it easy to program the Cougar with T.A.R.G.E.T ?

Offline sagrzmnky

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2011, 05:13:57 PM »

Is it easy to program the Cougar with T.A.R.G.E.T ?
I found it easy to program with Target, but it was a lot easier to just go into bms and the controller page and assign the cougar buttons to an action. The only issue I am having is that the dgft cancel middle switch is not recognized because it is neutral.

My build thread
 Pokeys, x-key

Offline Kukki

• General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2011, 01:21:23 AM »
If you set up your cougar to DX

Make sure you ALWAYS have this here line in your falconbms.cfg

set g_bHotasDgftSelfCancel 1

Kukki

Offline sagrzmnky

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2011, 02:52:22 AM »
Let me sound like a total newbie here(which I am), but what would that line do Kukki? I mean, I understand the self cancel, but will it do that when the switch is turned off? To get it to cancel from the mrm side, does it do the same or do I need to add another line?

My build thread
 Pokeys, x-key

Offline Kukki

• General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2011, 05:29:02 AM »
Yes, try it

Offline sagrzmnky

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2011, 01:07:40 PM »
Ok.. My programming skills are very bad so please help me. What do you mean when you say DX?
Here is where I am at. I go into the controller page in BMS and click on a command and then push a button on the cougar. When I click on dogfight(d), I move the switch to assign it and the same with missile (m). When I move the switch, the assignment changes in the controller page except for the cancel position. It shows no button there. When I am in flight however, if I move the switch to dogfight, it changes the HUD but when I move it to MRM it does not change. It is still in DFGT mode on the HUD. I have to push "c". If I move the switch to MRM, the HUD moves from nav to MRM. However, when I move it back to center or dfgt either one, it will not cancel from MRM until I click "c". I copied and pasted your line to the falcon bms config file and it didn't change anything. What am I doing wrong?

My build thread
 Pokeys, x-key

Offline Kukki

• General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2011, 01:37:24 PM »
Hey GM!
Sorry mate, im not that much into it my self, but my stuff works.

Dx = DirectX programming of the hotas instead of keycommands (the hotas functions are programmed into BMS)

Here is my pit files: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2667097/files.zip

Try for a test to load the 2 tmm and tmj files down to your cougar
backup your falconbms.cfg and use mine (be aware of that I use external displays, so you might go into the configuration when you load bms and change the stuff you want)
and the try to load my kukkipitkey.key

Note its a file based on RedDogs and for working with a full pit.

Try it, and the open the files and analyze them.
in the button of the fay file you see all the hotas dx programming.

Kukki

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal