* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 61
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Recent Topics/Posts

DCStoF4 (Standalone version) by SharkNoir
[March 17, 2024, 03:19:25 PM]

Author Topic: Hello from Jugs from the Netherlands!  (Read 3029 times)

Offline Juggs (Diamondcore)

• 2nd. LT
  • Callsign Jugs
  • VP Awards Triplet Award: Awarded after 3 years of community service
    • Awards
Hello from Jugs from the Netherlands!
« on: January 05, 2022, 04:08:45 PM »
Hello Everyone.

My name is Joris from the Netherlands and I've been lurking on this fora for many months and I thought now was a good time for an introduction.
I have been wanting to make some F-16 replicated parts for a deskpit for a while now.
However recently I have decided to bite the bullet and start working on a full blown pit.
Unfortunatly im still living in a small(ish) apartment and i dont have a dedicated space for it yet.

So what I have decided do instead is start working on the center pedestal and make a headstart for the moment when i can house a full pit.

Currently I am awaiting the center pedestal from ViperCharlie and I have started work on the HUD box (3D printing it from Jonah Tsai files).

Thank you for reading this and all the best!

And should you wonder how i got my callsign... well I like the pictures below ;)

« Last Edit: January 11, 2022, 08:14:25 PM by Sandman »

Offline Marvin

• General
  • Back at again after 10 years!
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Agoge Tactical Regimen
    • Awards
Re: Hello from Jugs from the Netherlands!
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2022, 04:34:39 PM »
Wait a minute...  Cause this is important here..  You like those types of photo or that is you in the photo..  lol
" Where's the KABOOM! "

Windows 8.1 64 bit, Intel Core i7 - 5820K CPU (3.30GHz 6-cores, 15MB Cache, Overclocked up to 3.8 GHz w/ Turbo Boost), 32.0 GB Quad Channel DDR4 at 2133MHz, 128GB SSD 6Gb/s Main + 2TB 72

Offline malpaso

• Col.
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2022, 04:40:54 PM »
KKKKKKKKKKKKKK!
Flying is the second greatest emotion that man knows......Landing is the first!

Offline Windmill

• Captain
  • Brand new newbie!
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2022, 05:42:39 PM »
Welcome Jugs,

Good to have another windmill with the bug.

Groet,

Windmill

Offline Kukki

• Administrator
  • General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2022, 07:24:14 PM »
Welcome Juggs  :beer:  :thumbsup:

And nice bomb woman you have :-)

Offline Rufus

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2022, 07:33:29 PM »
Bombs away!!!  And welcome... :thumbsup: !
- Rufus

Offline henkie

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Electronics Guru Award: Awarded to those with special electronics skills
    • Henk's Viperpit developments
    • Buy me a soda
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2022, 02:41:06 AM »
Hi Joris,
think again, but from what I read it is already too late  :D   The VP virus got you too.
I also started in a small room. And I also got the CP first. I knew from the start that I wanted to build a pit in which I could sit. Given the limited space, I started building the panels, collecting switches, knobs, everything I could get. I bought the panels from Mike, but that's history. However, as you probably know, there are 2 or 3 new sources for panels.
When I finished a panel, that is, everything that needs to be on it is mounted, I wired the panel cleanly (you know, you have time) and mounted on a rear aluminium plate sub-D connectors. You can get those cheap and come in a few sizes (and number of pins). My advice, if possible, leave a few pins unused ... you never know what the future will bring.
To build the pit you will have to make a few decisions that will stay with you for the rest of your life, so take some time to weigh the pro and cons. For example, how do you install the panels in the pit? DZUS rails (quite costly), simple screws, black-powdered hex screws, fake DZUS ... An other choice the the interface hardware, again choices, choices!
You can find a lot here, read a few build threads, and then a few more  ;D  It will inspire you  :bounce2:

Offline henkie

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Electronics Guru Award: Awarded to those with special electronics skills
    • Henk's Viperpit developments
    • Buy me a soda
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2022, 02:49:03 AM »
One more thing.
Check out regularly the "Classified" tab. You know why  :D
Also post pictures and updates as you make progress, even if it is just a little progress, like "I got this-and-that in the mail today"..
Telling about your progress gives energy to yourself and motivation to continue this long journey. And possibly also other guys!
Posting is important, especially when you start, because you need some 20 posts before you can bid on items in the "Classified" section  :whistle:

• 2nd. LT
  • Callsign Jugs
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2022, 02:10:46 PM »
Wait a minute...  Cause this is important here..  You like those types of photo or that is you in the photo..  lol
If that was me you'd all be gifting me parts ;)

• 2nd. LT
  • Callsign Jugs
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2022, 02:17:00 PM »
Welcome Juggs  :beer:  :thumbsup:

And nice bomb woman you have :-)

Cheers man! Big fan of your build and the products you make. I heard great things about it!

Offline John Fredrik

• Maj. General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2022, 02:19:47 PM »
If that was me you'd all be gifting me parts ;)

Well....you just blew it!!

I was prepared to snd you kinds of stuff :D

Welcome :beer:
Best Regards
John Fredrik

• 2nd. LT
  • Callsign Jugs
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2022, 02:28:27 PM »
Hi Joris,
think again, but from what I read it is already too late  :D   The VP virus got you too.
I also started in a small room. And I also got the CP first. I knew from the start that I wanted to build a pit in which I could sit. Given the limited space, I started building the panels, collecting switches, knobs, everything I could get. I bought the panels from Mike, but that's history. However, as you probably know, there are 2 or 3 new sources for panels.
When I finished a panel, that is, everything that needs to be on it is mounted, I wired the panel cleanly (you know, you have time) and mounted on a rear aluminium plate sub-D connectors. You can get those cheap and come in a few sizes (and number of pins). My advice, if possible, leave a few pins unused ... you never know what the future will bring.
To build the pit you will have to make a few decisions that will stay with you for the rest of your life, so take some time to weigh the pro and cons. For example, how do you install the panels in the pit? DZUS rails (quite costly), simple screws, black-powdered hex screws, fake DZUS ... An other choice the the interface hardware, again choices, choices!
You can find a lot here, read a few build threads, and then a few more  ;D  It will inspire you  :bounce2:

Amazing pit henkie!
Don't expect me to reach that quality within the next 5 years tho ;)
I'm going for a woodframe to begin with and we'll see where we end up.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! Appreciated :)

Offline ulti

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2022, 04:11:49 PM »
Welcome to the nuthouse from another dutchie.  :beer:
Now build,build build and please upload fotos and videos.

Greetings Martin

--> Never fly faster than your guardian angel can <--

FCC-2 Cougar, BMS , EDTrackerPro

My cockpit

Offline Knight

• Maj. General
  • 31st Knight
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2022, 02:05:39 PM »
Hi Juggs,

Welcome a board.  just what Henk says,  it is a hight infected virus.  I started on PIT 2.0  while Pit 0.5  didn't even reach the 1.  :lolsign: :go: :whocares: :outthewindow:

I really hope you like this group of lunatics, haha  they are all great.

For questions or whatever just contact with a PM or post your question.

Regards en harstikke leuk.

Knight

Offline salaxi54

• General
  • VP Awards Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Money Saver: Given to those that try to keep cost to a minimum Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2022, 02:13:48 PM »
Welcome aboard Juggs!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal