* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 149
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Recent Topics/Posts

DCStoF4 (Standalone version) by SharkNoir
[March 17, 2024, 03:19:25 PM]

Author Topic: The Viper Simmer  (Read 18928 times)

Offline Blaze

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • Awards
Re: The Viper Simmer
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2021, 03:57:24 PM »
Well done Jody!  Very motivating.  :thumbsup:

Offline Marvin

• General
  • Back at again after 10 years!
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Agoge Tactical Regimen
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2021, 03:48:36 AM »
Hey crew,

We did our first Live Stream last night.  Although we had a technical issue in the beginning that somehow reset all my audio levels (making my mike very hot and distorted) it went well considering we live streamed a 2.5 hour flight!  Was a lot of fun and certainly better than spending 6 hours editing a video when you can just live stream it.  ;)  So this will be the new way to go for me.   Here is a little clip from the action last night.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukisd49Jb6M" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukisd49Jb6M</a>
" Where's the KABOOM! "

Windows 8.1 64 bit, Intel Core i7 - 5820K CPU (3.30GHz 6-cores, 15MB Cache, Overclocked up to 3.8 GHz w/ Turbo Boost), 32.0 GB Quad Channel DDR4 at 2133MHz, 128GB SSD 6Gb/s Main + 2TB 72

Offline jjbravo

• General
  • Callsign: Vino
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2021, 10:22:28 AM »
Awesome setup and great flight to watch. Good learning material too.
Thanks for doing this Jody!

Offline Marvin

• General
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Agoge Tactical Regimen
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2021, 05:42:55 PM »
A tutorial on how to perform a "BUNT" attack profile with the LANTIRN.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mefW9LEVec" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mefW9LEVec</a>
" Where's the KABOOM! "

Windows 8.1 64 bit, Intel Core i7 - 5820K CPU (3.30GHz 6-cores, 15MB Cache, Overclocked up to 3.8 GHz w/ Turbo Boost), 32.0 GB Quad Channel DDR4 at 2133MHz, 128GB SSD 6Gb/s Main + 2TB 72

Offline Marvin

• General
    • Agoge Tactical Regimen
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2021, 10:00:30 AM »
And now for the roll and pull!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqoBcwjqP48" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqoBcwjqP48</a>
" Where's the KABOOM! "

Offline jjbravo

• General
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2021, 10:47:57 AM »
Love the Tacview! Great job Jody!

Offline Marvin

• General
    • Agoge Tactical Regimen
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2021, 06:55:30 PM »
Getting ready for the big Virtual Exercise Inhiochos!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXjIMcw2MS8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXjIMcw2MS8</a>
" Where's the KABOOM! "

Offline Marvin

• General
    • Agoge Tactical Regimen
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: November 21, 2021, 12:05:57 PM »
Hey guys,

Here is a completed flight from Exercise Iniohos with the Greek e-HAF squadron.  I managed to get through a whole flight this time without any complete computer crashes.  Turns out (I believe) the problem was with Discord.  After doing some reading I read guys complaining about a 64bit version as the 32 bit uses up too much resources.  This is not an issue for most pilots, but along with the other 13 apps I am running to run my setup I think this may have been too much.  Either way I tried a flight without Discord and I had no issues.  Maybe a fluke?  Who knows but I will look into this further.

As for Iniohos..  Well that's it for me.  I am blown away by how realistic and complex e-HAF flies (this is exactly what I am after in a squadron) but along with not knowing their procedures and trying to listen to and understand the accent I am having a VERY difficult time keeping up with them.  I know now what "Task Saturation" is like in the cockpit that real Fighter Pilots deal with.  When I watch and edit this video I can clearly hear calls made out to me, but when I was doing the flight I just didn't seem to hear them.  During our RAMP start I couldn't close my canopy, thus I had to re-enter the 3D world where it still didn't work.  Finally after cycling my canopy spider it closed and then I had about 5 minutes to try and do a ramp start.  Then lastly, the person who hosted the mission used "auto-save" by accident, thus I had no DTC; meaning no stpts, PPTs, or other lines that gives me SA.  So I can literally say I was completely blind and my only goal was to stay on Sierra 3's wing.  And at least I did that.  lol

So encourage anyone who is interested to still watch the video and experience the flight from my seat.  I have been invited to join e-HAF which I am VERY thrilled about.  But will be starting after Iniohos where I can go through their training program and learn all their TTPs and procedures.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHdXPprXcPg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHdXPprXcPg</a>
" Where's the KABOOM! "

Offline Nikolas_A

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • VP Awards 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: November 21, 2021, 01:23:48 PM »
At least one familiar voice in there...  :beer:

Offline jjbravo

• General
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: November 21, 2021, 01:33:03 PM »
I had the same problem hearing the radio calls when I first started my pilot certificate. My instructor would look at me and ask if I was going to respond to the ATC and I had no idea they had called me lol.

Took like 10 flights and a lot of listening to my ATC app on my phone to get the mind trained and get past this. I just had too much of my mind focused on flying the airplane and reading gauges.

Offline jjbravo

• General
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: November 21, 2021, 01:43:59 PM »
Love the new MFD/DED views! Makes it a lot easier to follow what's going on.

Offline Morgan

• Col.
  • Pitbuilder
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: November 22, 2021, 11:41:53 AM »
I think that a big problem you have is that in all the flights you do not hear the GSI and that is the reason you get lost in the flight.
You hear them talking from UHF but you do not understand what they are talking about.
I noticed that in the VHF your formation spoke mainly Greek so you could not follow the flow of the flight.
INIOCHOS as an exercise has a workload and a requirement for proper preparation and reading of the ibriefing. But there is no reason to think that you can not do it

Offline Marvin

• General
    • Agoge Tactical Regimen
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: November 23, 2021, 10:09:00 AM »
I think that a big problem you have is that in all the flights you do not hear the GSI and that is the reason you get lost in the flight.
You hear them talking from UHF but you do not understand what they are talking about.
I noticed that in the VHF your formation spoke mainly Greek so you could not follow the flow of the flight.
INIOCHOS as an exercise has a workload and a requirement for proper preparation and reading of the ibriefing. But there is no reason to think that you can not do it

It's no so much that I don't think I can do it.  Its more realizing the compromises are being made.  I don't have a squadron, so the 320th allowed me to fly with them.  And Ironman has been VERY helpful and its obvious to me the struggle and sacrifice they are doing to speak English.  But after a few flights I think in the end it is taking away from their fun as they cripple themselves or put themselves at a disadvantage trying to speak English and compensate for me not speaking Greek.   While working with guys of different cultures in the Police service I have learned that it takes time to get use to an accent and understand the words effectively.  So now you take in account the distortion and hiss on the IVC (which was done for realism and I love it) and it makes it even harder to understand at times.   They materials they provide is very in-depth and detailed.  There is no doubt at a mission I know what we are planning to do.  But I have learned that if you cannot follow or hear the communications it still fails.

So all I am saying is I am excited to start training with them slowly and progressively after the exercise where I can learn their ways and hopefully even learn common phases in Greek that are said in the cockpit, and next year I am certain it will be much better.
" Where's the KABOOM! "

Offline Nigel

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: November 25, 2021, 03:29:46 AM »
Jody I was under the impression that all NATO air forces in RL speak in english but I guess not. Maybe I'm confusing it with civilian air traffic. I would think it would be mandatory though to train in english just for any allied conflict for the obvious reason. Regarding your flight, from everything I've read and heard from real combat vets seems like what you experienced is totally realistic as in "Fog of war"

Offline Nikolas_A

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • VP Awards 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: November 25, 2021, 04:21:56 AM »
From the real videos I've seen, the English brevity codes are used more as time goes by, but still a lot of Greek in between...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal