The Viper Simmer by Marvin
[September 21, 2021, 05:42:55 PM]

Aloha from Hawaii by Kukki
[September 19, 2021, 07:09:04 AM]

DCStoF4 by EJay
[September 14, 2021, 10:37:46 AM]

Dcs and Oleds? by Rufus
[September 10, 2021, 07:41:10 PM]

Author Topic: WHISLIST FOR PARTS YOU WANT US TO MAKE  (Read 78060 times)

Offline Kukki

• Administrator
  • General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build
    • Kukki?s F-16 website
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
Re: WHISLIST FOR PARTS YOU WANT US TO MAKE
« Reply #75 on: August 24, 2018, 03:18:52 AM »
any news on the seatrail mounts?

Top or buttom

Top is in the process now

Kukki

Offline tiger-31

• General
  • VP Awards : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #76 on: August 24, 2018, 03:21:28 AM »
Top ones thanks.

Any ideas of pricing?

Offline JCook

• General
  • Callsign: "Anger"
  • VP Awards : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
« Reply #77 on: August 26, 2018, 12:31:43 PM »
Kukki
How about the air vent attachment block for the center console?
Takeoffs are optional...landings are mandatory

Offline Rufus

• General
  • VP Awards : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: August 26, 2018, 02:39:02 PM »
...switch guards set?
- Rufus

Offline Kukki

• Administrator
  • General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build
    • Kukki?s F-16 website
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: August 26, 2018, 03:14:08 PM »
Kukki
How about the air vent attachment block for the center console?

Will come for sure 👍🏻

Offline Kukki

• Administrator
  • General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
    • Kukki?s F-16 website
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: August 26, 2018, 03:14:51 PM »
...switch guards set?

Yep
Will be standard in the shop too

Offline Marvin

• General
  • Back at again after 10 years!
  • VP Awards : Triplet Award: Awarded after 3 years of community service : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Agoge Tactical Regimen
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: August 26, 2018, 03:35:42 PM »
The ultimate would be a replacement warthog stick shell that is some sort of one piece at the mount rather than the jiggly stock grip I get every few months.
" Where's the KABOOM! "

Windows 8.1 64 bit, Intel Core i7 - 5820K CPU (3.30GHz 6-cores, 15MB Cache, Overclocked up to 3.8 GHz w/ Turbo Boost), 32.0 GB Quad Channel DDR4 at 2133MHz, 128GB SSD 6Gb/s Main + 2TB 72

Offline Kukki

• Administrator
  • General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
    • Kukki?s F-16 website
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: August 26, 2018, 03:44:00 PM »
The ultimate would be a replacement warthog stick shell that is some sort of one piece at the mount rather than the jiggly stock grip I get every few months.

Yep agree, it wight be an experiment for us when we are done with all the other stuff we have cooking, and that is a lot at the moment :-)

Kukki

Offline Rufus

• General
  • VP Awards : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: August 26, 2018, 03:52:00 PM »
There has to be a way to make a grip stabilizing insert that would fit between the bottom of the grip and the lock ring...or even a replacement lock ring.  I've been contemplating a mock-up of such made from a medicine bottle, but the ideal way would be to 3D print or machine one.  It would need to accommodate the angled tailpiece, but that shouldn't really be a problem - it just needs to be modeled like the bottom of an actual grip, and contact the lock ring...I have a couple ideas.  If I only had a lathe...
- Rufus

Offline Marvin

• General
  • VP Awards : Triplet Award: Awarded after 3 years of community service : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Agoge Tactical Regimen
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: August 26, 2018, 04:05:26 PM »
There are lots of solutions to fix this.   Rather I would just like to see someone design a new grip casing that is one piece at the neck.
" Where's the KABOOM! "

Windows 8.1 64 bit, Intel Core i7 - 5820K CPU (3.30GHz 6-cores, 15MB Cache, Overclocked up to 3.8 GHz w/ Turbo Boost), 32.0 GB Quad Channel DDR4 at 2133MHz, 128GB SSD 6Gb/s Main + 2TB 72

Offline Rufus

• General
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: August 26, 2018, 04:22:46 PM »
...ok...I just thought of another, really simple idea that everyone could try... :DOH: ...I used this on my CNC project where I didn't have clearance between the carriage plate and the frame for using standard screws for my spindle mounts - grub screws; a long set-screw.  Looking over Kukki's angled tail piece again, it would seem that one can simply use over-length headless Allen screws - grub screws - when installing the electrical connector and snug them against the bottom of the grip.  Adding a washer in between may also be prudent.

I noticed that the connector screw holes are 90 degrees to the ears on the tail piece - so...the tail piece ears would take pitch loads and the screws on either side could be snugged up against the bottom of the grip to take lateral loads (and snug up the installation in general).  By using this approach you should be able to get something that should both stabilize the grip and be adjustable for wear.  Kukki's tailpiece being fully machined should also help things, strength-wise.

Looking forward to trying this...and hiding it all under Bio's stick boot... :thumbsup: !
- Rufus

Offline Kukki

• Administrator
  • General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
    • Kukki?s F-16 website
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: August 26, 2018, 04:40:13 PM »
Can you gents try to make a rough sketch to me and I will ger our design guro to look at it, and we might come up with something really stable.

A fylly new stick would be no. 1 but I dont think there is many there can afford that, and if there is less than 20 then it will be to expensive to design and
make a casting for it.

Lets see if ce can make something there really will help all the wobbling.

Offline Marvin

• General
    • Agoge Tactical Regimen
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: August 26, 2018, 04:47:01 PM »
Agreed.  Some sort it center sleeve that inserts under the stick and above the neck would work.  Specially if it had some sort of adjustment so it fits each stick.
" Where's the KABOOM! "

Offline Predator

• Col.
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: September 02, 2018, 02:48:41 PM »
As I talked with Kukki, I suppose that many of us would like to have a replica JHMCS mount with data cable for our helmet. So I hope Kukki and the rest of the production team would begin this project early in 2019....😉

Offline Rufus

• General
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: September 02, 2018, 03:13:39 PM »
This doo-hickey right here (that I've been watching) would make an excellent starting point for a JHMCS system which could be mounted inside either a standard flight helmet or HMCS visor replica -

https://www.vuzix.com/Products/m300-smart-glasses

The bigger issue is that the ability to align it (or any other RL representative HMCS display) would also need to be coded into BMS...I'm thinking 6-12 weeks for that...
- Rufus