There aren't any users online.

* Recent Topics/Posts

DCStoF4 (Standalone version) by questerymj
[April 20, 2024, 12:50:58 PM]

Last BMS version and the CANOPY SPIDER by mihi4
[April 20, 2024, 11:57:37 AM]

Customizing Default Point of View in BMS by Sneakpeek
[April 17, 2024, 11:53:20 PM]

Author Topic: Anybody running MFDExtractor under W 10?  (Read 3923 times)

Offline Poppy

• Major
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
Anybody running MFDExtractor under W 10?
« on: April 01, 2023, 07:33:25 PM »
Hello everyone,

I'm trying to install MFDExtractor under w10 - 64 but i'm getting an error as shown in the picture below, does anyone know where can I get an updated version of the software, or point me in the right direction? Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thank you very much in advance!

Poppy

Offline Nigel

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
Re: Anybody running MFDExtractor under W 10?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2023, 10:45:52 PM »
What version are you using? Lightning has earlier versions in his repository, I dont remember which one works but i think it's two back from the current one.

Offline Poppy

• Major
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2023, 12:20:21 PM »
Hi Nigel,

First of all thanks for your response, I appreciate it! I'm running this version: Falcon_MFD_Extractor_v0_6_3_0__x86.zip, which seems to be the only one you can download from the repository, along with some other stuff, I don't know if there might be any other versions in the same website, I do know that there is a newer version (like 9 or something like that) but I do not know where can I download that one from, so if you can point me in the right direction I will really appreciate it! Again, thanks for taking the time to respond to my request!

Poppy

Offline Nigel

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2023, 12:59:37 PM »
Ok I haven't had my old pit computer up for awhile but I will see what I have.

Offline Nigel

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2023, 01:04:38 PM »
That error seems like the installer is corrupt maybe? Usually if it's a wrong version MFDEX will open and run but parts just don't work. IIRC, 630 is the correct version but I'll check

Offline Poppy

• Major
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2023, 03:41:32 PM »
Thank you for the help!! :ThumbsUp:

Poppy

Offline Nigel

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2023, 11:27:27 PM »
So my working version is 6.1.1 but I dont know where the installer is. And you are correct, only 6.3.0 is available. Maybe Lightning will post a link to legacy versions...

Offline Nigel

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2023, 12:45:36 AM »
I found the installers. Here is every version I have,
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jlqt73av6ff1r8t/AADBPuzjXZFVIC5DivNFqJX0a?dl=0
Maybe you can put them in the "Uploads" thread.

Offline Nigel

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2023, 01:40:54 AM »
Lightning was kind enough to update this so there is a new version here. try it now. He explained to me that there are problems with Windows installers and some parts of BMS code. Post here if it doesnt work.

Offline lightning

• -=VP Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Software Guru Award: Awarded to those with special software skills Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts
    • Lightning's Tools GitHub repository
    • Awards

Offline Poppy

• Major
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2023, 11:35:03 AM »
Thank you very much guys! I really appreciate it! I will download and upload to this website downloads section during the weekend as soon as I can get to it! You guys are awesome!  :ThumbsUp:

Poppy

Offline Muddog

• Col.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2023, 02:56:39 PM »
I’ve been using it on Win 10.
As long as this is brought up and Lightning is on this post,
Does it work with win11?
I just built a new PC this week .
Mud

Offline lightning

• -=VP Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Software Guru Award: Awarded to those with special software skills Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts
    • Lightning's Tools GitHub repository
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2023, 05:17:58 PM »

Offline Poppy

• Major
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2023, 11:44:07 AM »
Ok guys,

I downloaded the last version of MFD Extractor (6_4_0), and for some reason I can't get it to run. I installed it, rebooted the pc , then started the program, tried to get the "options" screen to pop, but nothing, just crickets! I changed the properties to run as Administrator, and compatibility mode to Win8, and still nothing, tried to close the program, and nothing, it will only close if I end the task from the Windows Task Manager, I'm trying to run it under Win 10 64, any ideas? :brickwall:

Poppy

Offline Rufus

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2023, 02:05:37 PM »
You may want to try installing it in Vista Compatibility mode...don't really think that should make a diff, but it's only other thing I can think of... :reading: .
- Rufus

Offline FalconDK

• Col.
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2023, 02:27:05 PM »
You could try run the program compatibility troubleshooter, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/make-older-apps-or-programs-compatible-with-windows-783d6dd7-b439-bdb0-0490-54eea0f45938#:~:text=In%20the%20search%20box%20on%20the%20taskbar%2C%20type%20the%20name,Select%20Run%20compatibility%20troubleshooter., I have had success with this for a couple older programs I couldn't get to run with the normal compatibility settings.

Offline Poppy

• Major
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2023, 04:56:27 PM »
Hi Rufus,

Yes, I did that too, after changing the settings to run as Admin and with Win 7 and 8 compatibility settings (I did the same two separate times), and still no joy! I will keep trying with different compatibility settings and see if I can get lucky...

Offline Poppy

• Major
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2023, 06:18:16 PM »
Ok, time for a little report on my side of things if you guys don't mind! After uninstalling MFD Extractor Version 6_4_0, I installed version 6_1_1, which was gracefully shared to me by Nigel (@Nigel I really appreciate the help you gave me in this matter), and I'm happy to report that this version works flawlessly apparently under Win 10 - 64 bit. I installed this version (6_1_1), made sure to run the file as Administrator, and with win Vista compatibility settings, and everything worked at the first run of the program. I'm gonna continue testing, and will report on any issues I might run into. Also I will be uploading these files to the downloads section of the site. The file will contain all the different versions that were shared by Nigel, including the one I reported on.

@Nigel: I hope you don't mind me uploading these files. Thanks Nigel, you really made my day buddy, now I can continue to build my CP knowing that the software is going to work the way it was intended!
Also, I want to thank Lightning for taking the time and effort to develop this software, and for the help he's given to this community in general!

Poppy

Offline Nigel

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2023, 06:30:16 AM »
No not at all. I don't know why the newer versions don't work and I still use the older ones too. Just a reminder that Lightning's work is open source and he wants anyone that can to work on updating the projects.

Offline Poppy

• Major
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2023, 02:47:53 PM »
@ Nigel

Yeah, I don't know what's the problem either, but I will be working with Lightning to his request, to see if we can get to the bottom of this problem and get it fixed, I can't promise any time frame for this to happen, but I will volunteer my time to cooperate with him in the search of a solution , so we all can benefit from the results, I guess we'll let you guys know how is it going in due time!

Poppy

Offline Sandman

• Administrator
  • General
  • VP Awards 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community King for a Day Award: Awarded for an exemplar contribution to the community Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2023, 05:36:39 PM »
I installed version 6_1_1... and I'm happy to report that this version works flawlessly apparently under Win 10 - 64 bit. I installed this version (6_1_1)... I will be uploading these files to the downloads section of the site. The file will contain all the different versions that were shared by Nigel, including the one I reported on.

ADMIN NOTE- Awaiting your promised UPLOAD to the forum - we can approve it once uploaded  :)

Offline Poppy

• Major
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2023, 04:45:52 PM »
Hi all,

I just tried to upload the files I promised, but when I click on the "Add download" button nothing happens. I tried more than a couple of times but it is just crickets! Am I doing something wrong maybe?...

Poppy

Offline fjp

• 1st.LT
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2023, 10:38:26 AM »
In the older version there was a folder called images. With the latest install, I do not see the folder. I had modified some gauges, where are the images in the latest version stored ? Thanks... Kiko

Offline Sandman

• Administrator
  • General
  • VP Awards 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community King for a Day Award: Awarded for an exemplar contribution to the community Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2023, 11:00:26 PM »
MFD Extractor files approved under DOWNLOADS

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal