Mag switches with DCS by questerymj
[May 11, 2024, 08:11:05 AM]

USAeroSim DCS F16c CDU Software by snakedoc
[May 10, 2024, 09:10:22 AM]

I am a newbie who took off from Japan sir by questerymj
[May 09, 2024, 09:12:07 AM]

Hello from Canada by RonD
[May 05, 2024, 04:00:22 PM]

Author Topic: Instructor position  (Read 1814 times)

mac.pel

Instructor position
« on: May 12, 2016, 09:20:16 AM »
Hi all!
I would like to do instructor position application in C# where I can read fly data(live), change weather(live), made malfunction(live) of F-16 or add opponent into flight(live). I need any foothold information it can be done.
Greetings!

Offline bismond

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
Re: Instructor position
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2016, 04:24:16 PM »
Lightning wrote a C# library just download the .dll add a reference in VS and your good to go

https://www.assembla.com/spaces/lightningstools/subversion/source/HEAD/releases
Faq1:embedded programs must NEVER return from main()
Faq2:99.9% of UART errors are AVRs not being clocked right
Faq3: If PORTC bits don't seem to work JTAG
probably needs disabling.
Faq4:If using avr-gcc avoid -OO optimisation settings at all costs.

Bananas and Blow.
Fat Squaw Sweat Lodge

mac.pel

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2016, 03:47:05 AM »
I don't have problem with using sharedmem library ;)
But what with malfuctions and weather ?

Offline Rufus

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2016, 10:24:41 PM »
Isn't this another one of those situations where you actually need to be able to write to shared memory?  I'd love to be able to do an instructor console in this manner...setting values to trip faults, reload armaments, fuel, etc. on the...er..."fly"... :DOH: ...
- Rufus

Offline Red Dog

• Administrator
  • General
  • VP Awards 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2016, 03:30:42 AM »
you can't control weather real time with syntax lines
you can induce faults real time with the chatbox. But that's for your jet only
Have a bandit day - Red Dog
Red Dog flight sim's stuff
Red Dog models
Red Dog PPL
Red Dog Discord: 947914531772964865

Offline raptor

• General
    • 16th Ark Angels
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2016, 12:50:24 PM »
Well, chatbox opens up in-sim with a user keyboard command right? So you need the instructor program to be able (through network; ) to send a simple key command to open the chatbox, and type and run the command that point to specific failures, as these will be implemented and available through the new instructor program.

Except if there is another way to "inject" these commands real-time into the mem/sharedmem without the pilot to see any chatboxes etc opening up instantaneous, a tiny help from devs might be needed in order to actually make the chatbox "invisible", thus the pilot will not see anything in 3d..

mac.pel

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2016, 06:37:03 PM »
I don't know about malfunctions in chat, thank You guys!
Where I can find malfunctions commands? I'm looking BMS documentation but I can't find anything about this:(

-Ice

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2016, 08:33:01 PM »
Wow, this is interesting.... combined with something like VAC/VoiceAttack, you could effect malfunctions/faults on a voice command!

Offline Rufus

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2016, 11:19:49 PM »
...hmmnn...actually, I've faked "dual seat" operations by handing a second guy a keyboard while I was flying with my Cougar and letting him run the FCR, targeting, etc. while I fly - which sort of amounts to using two keyboards (given that the Cougar IDs as a keyboard).  So...an operator's console could have it's own keyboard which could be used to not only control cockpit inputs but also to inject fault commands; just have to take care with timing and not get the multiple keyboards in a race condition. 

What one would also need is a way to monitor flight activity - and keep track of which jet in the fray the operator was sending commands to/for.  Not sure what options you'd have for setting up camera/cockpit views on a monitoring...er...monitor...but that would/could end up looking like professional setups I've worked with in the past.
- Rufus

Offline Red Dog

• Administrator
  • General
  • VP Awards 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2016, 03:01:51 AM »
Well, chatbox opens up in-sim with a user keyboard command right? So you need the instructor program to be able (through network; ) to send a simple key command to open the chatbox, and type and run the command that point to specific failures, as these will be implemented and available through the new instructor program
Yes.
But again, at this time it sends them only to ownship. You can't send them to somebody else.
Where I can find malfunctions commands? I'm looking BMS documentation but I can't find anything about this:(
At this time this list is not supposed to be public. Because the malfunction system is not finished yet and the list isn't finalized.

The possibility to induce faults over the network should be possible in the future but the network code in 4.33 is already overloaded So I doubt it's the right time to request something like this. It will certainly come in a very distant future
Red Dog models
Red Dog PPL

mac.pel

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2016, 04:07:41 AM »
 Thank You Red Dog. ;)

Offline raptor

• General
    • 16th Ark Angels
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2016, 11:28:45 AM »
Thanks RD.  :thumbsup:

Offline Rufus

• General
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2016, 12:37:19 PM »
RD - I suppose my concept would be to have an input station for each individual cockpit.  At present...would this affect network play as stands currently?
- Rufus

Offline Red Dog

• Administrator
  • General
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2016, 02:25:31 AM »
No, but then wouldn't that impact the purpose of surprise?

I mean if I'm flying my aircraft and then the chat box opens and a message is typed with a number corresponding to a fault,
1. I'll know a fault is coming
2. if I had a look at that list before; I know which fault is coming
and no, for the moment, I don't think you can type in the chat box and have it invisible or better, having it on a secondary screen, not in view of the pilot

So the whole purpose of the random fault being processed goes down the drain
Red Dog models
Red Dog PPL

Offline raptor

• General
    • 16th Ark Angels
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2016, 03:36:24 AM »
Maybe "for the moment", but should be an easy code fix when time comes.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal