Hello from Canada by Rufus
[Today at 04:56:21 PM]

DCStoF4 (Standalone version) by questerymj
[April 20, 2024, 12:50:58 PM]

Last BMS version and the CANOPY SPIDER by mihi4
[April 20, 2024, 11:57:37 AM]

Customizing Default Point of View in BMS by Sneakpeek
[April 17, 2024, 11:53:20 PM]

Author Topic: Breaking News: New Thrustmaster TQS system !!!  (Read 4804 times)

Offline Snoopy

• General
  • Flying Snoopy Airways
  • VP Awards Triplet Award: Awarded after 3 years of community service
    • Awards
Breaking News: New Thrustmaster TQS system !!!
« on: June 24, 2023, 02:22:53 AM »
Thrustmaster has just announced a new and exciting TQS system for the F-16 !!!  :yihaw:

https://fsnews.eu/thrustmaster-viper-revealed-at-fsexpo-2023/

Sould be avaible this autumn.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2023, 02:33:22 AM by Snoopy »

Offline Snoopy

• General
  • Flying Snoopy Airways
    • Awards
Re: New Thrustmaster TQS system !
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2023, 02:31:08 AM »
Have a look at the presentation:
Thrustmaster video starts at : 45 min 15 sec.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0F5RY9GJvE

Offline Focaldesign

• General
  • VP Awards King for a Day Award: Awarded for an exemplar contribution to the community Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Buy me a drink
    • Awards
Re: Breaking News: New Thrustmaster TQS system !!!
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2023, 05:53:33 AM »
The stick looks flimsy and plastic to be honest.
Also don't understand the extra scroll button on the throttle and the lever on the panel.

Wondering how the panel will be useful with BMS too. DCS compatible, but how to control the leds for BMS...

Offline Marvin

• General
  • Back at again after 10 years!
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Agoge Tactical Regimen
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2023, 09:21:21 AM »
Also don't understand the extra scroll button on the throttle and the lever on the panel.

Wondering how the panel will be useful with BMS too. DCS compatible, but how to control the leds for BMS...

I believe that scroll button was intended for zoom in and zoom out.  I never use that but watching other videos of gamers flying they seem to be scrolling their zoom constantly, so I could see that as a very practical switch placement for that.
" Where's the KABOOM! "

Windows 8.1 64 bit, Intel Core i7 - 5820K CPU (3.30GHz 6-cores, 15MB Cache, Overclocked up to 3.8 GHz w/ Turbo Boost), 32.0 GB Quad Channel DDR4 at 2133MHz, 128GB SSD 6Gb/s Main + 2TB 72

Offline Andiab

• Col.
  • Avionics Design Engineer
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2023, 11:57:58 AM »

Yes you are indeed correct. Its typical for DCS or in fact other games due to limited rendering distance. When i tried VR i had to do this often because the headset had to low resolution and it was really hard to se things in the distance.

I believe that scroll button was intended for zoom in and zoom out.  I never use that but watching other videos of gamers flying they seem to be scrolling their zoom constantly, so I could see that as a very practical switch placement for that.
Best regards

Andreas

Offline Cupra

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • 1st VFW "Glory Wings"
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2023, 03:20:29 PM »
I like it... for all of those who want a look like throttle and not a 100% perfect fit will get a good throttle grip with the blackoutswitch already on it.. Additional buttons and other stuff that can be used with just a little work. And a single USB connector. So the time you needed a old Cougar or other stuff....

I like it :)

Offline Rufus

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2023, 04:59:18 PM »

I consider zoom to be a "cheat", and as such don't/won't use it - particularly when I'm going to have a cockpit tub around me.  Already noodling ways to get rid of this wheel... :reading: .

I'm also starting to wish that the Cursor cap was a reverse China hat...but I think I know where I can get one of those to simply replace it.
- Rufus

Offline Cupra

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • 1st VFW "Glory Wings"
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2023, 05:05:54 PM »
Zoom is one of the most imprtant funtions as long the in game grpahics are not able to make real visibilities. If a KC-135 is from 2NM distance just 1 pixle big in normal view then zoom will really help.

Offline Rufus

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2023, 05:21:17 PM »
...that sounds more like a display setup issue, to me... :reading: .

I was in the Trainer a couple weeks ago with a rookie (non-familiar, non-crew) back seater for a demo - took out a SAM site and then got jumped by a flight of three defenders - I immediately turned to them, and took out all three WVR...which I think only happened because the Operators had taken my radar away from me, and that helped allow me to get that close...I guess.  I can't think of any other reason I ended up aft of them without getting shot at at least once...

But my back seater later said he never saw them until I splashed the first one and he blew up...said later that he didn't even get why I had turned as I did, or what I had spotted.  This is the sort of thing I consider would have be a solid "cheat" if we had a zoom function...which we don't, in the Trainer.  But after you learn "how to look", vise just "to look"...you don't want any "cheats".
- Rufus

Offline Red Dog

• Administrator
  • General
  • VP Awards 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2023, 04:30:36 AM »
Zoom is like mouse
A necessity to overcome the fact that we're not flying for real

Real pilot don't look at a screen and don't interact with a mouse
when I fly for real I don't zoom
When I fly sims, I do

It's not cheating, it's a way to overcome the hardware/software limitations - just like many other things (like augmented reality)

:)

What I do really like about this new TM stuff is the HOBO switch. Was that ever done before by another manufacturer?
Have a bandit day - Red Dog
Red Dog flight sim's stuff
Red Dog models
Red Dog PPL
Red Dog Discord: 947914531772964865

Offline Atlas

• General
  • Brand new newbie!
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2023, 04:42:55 AM »
HOBO switch?

« Last Edit: July 02, 2023, 05:18:40 AM by Red Dog »

Offline Cupra

• General
    • 1st VFW "Glory Wings"
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2023, 04:53:47 AM »
What I do really like about this new TM stuff is the HOBO switch. Was that ever done before by another manufacturer?

I can not remember any other who has that...

Offline Red Dog

• Administrator
  • General
  • VP Awards 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2023, 05:18:54 AM »
HOBO switch?

Hands On Black Out switch

It's under the throttle handle
Supposed to get the cockpit NVG compliant with a single push by eliminating all white  light

In the sim, it's a great button for us to toggle NVGs Since there is no button for that in the pit
Have a bandit day - Red Dog
Red Dog flight sim's stuff
Red Dog models
Red Dog PPL
Red Dog Discord: 947914531772964865

Offline Atlas

• General
  • Brand new newbie!
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2023, 06:54:08 AM »
Thanks!

Offline Nikolas_A

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • VP Awards 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2023, 07:08:44 AM »
I wonder if the lower part with the HOBO switch fits the old cougar top part...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal