* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 79
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

* Recent Topics/Posts

DCStoF4 (Standalone version) by SharkNoir
[March 17, 2024, 03:19:25 PM]

Author Topic: Hello everyone!  (Read 2079 times)

Doverdown

Hello everyone!
« on: May 12, 2022, 05:21:48 AM »
Hey!

I'm Fabio from Austria and I have just recently started developing plans for my F16 pit. I have a fully functional 737 homecockpit for about 10 years and I thought I give combat sims a try because I spent a lot of time flying the F16 in DCS and BMS lately.

I currently plan a F16 pit to fly in VR, so that all the switches, seating position, oxygen mask, restrains etc. are like the real thing. If BMS implements VR I will likely swtich from DCS to BMS for obvious reasons. I have a lot of experience in AutoCAD and Inventor, so I might publish my plans once they are done. However, I am still in the process to familiar myself with Fusion. If anyone needs help with 3D or 2D CAD drawings let me know!

If anyone is interested in my 737 cockpit, please do not hesitate to reach out. It still uses FSX as the simulator, but maybe sometime I am able to switch to FS2020 as the third party developers progress. Only time will tell.

Anyways, enough about me!  :whocares:

Stay safe & fly safe,
Doverdown  :beer2:

Offline opasi

• Col.
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
Re: Hello everyone!
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2022, 11:00:04 AM »

Servus Doverdown!

Welcome here to Viperpits. It's the most amazing pitbuilder community in the world. Here you will find everything the heart of an F16 builder desires.

BR, Opasi

Offline Foghorn

• Col.
  • Old F-16 Guy
  • VP Awards Triplet Award: Awarded after 3 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2022, 02:43:33 PM »
Welcome aboard!
FOGHORN

Offline Korbi

• Brig.General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2022, 03:59:48 PM »
Habedere sag i da!

Austria is pretty unprecise for a bavarian fellow, could you specify a bit more :)
Have fun here!
Best regards

Korbi
VJS 161 "Mad Bulls"

Offline Cupra

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • 1st VFW "Glory Wings"
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2022, 04:07:57 PM »
Welcome on board :)

I guess you will not have to waste a lot of time for making plans again… there are so many around here and in hundrets of Facebook groups… that would be wasted time.

Offline Snoopy

• General
  • Flying Snoopy Airways
  • VP Awards Triplet Award: Awarded after 3 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2022, 01:57:49 AM »
Welcome here!

Offline salaxi54

• General
  • VP Awards Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Money Saver: Given to those that try to keep cost to a minimum Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2022, 06:30:17 AM »
Welcome aboard! Seeing as we have a few Austrian aviators in here, maybe we could all meet up close during the summer? I'll be in Wien during July --> September most probably!

Offline Rufus

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2022, 10:41:55 AM »
Welcome... :yihaw: !
- Rufus

Offline Nomad

• Col.
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2022, 11:11:01 AM »
Welcome
Bell206/407 EuroEC135/EC145/BK117/AS350B3E/B2
F16/P51/Cessna172/177/182/206/210/310

Offline henkie

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Electronics Guru Award: Awarded to those with special electronics skills
    • Henk's Viperpit developments
    • Buy me a soda
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2022, 02:31:43 PM »
Welcome!  We don't have to warn you about addiction etc., because you already built a 737 pit  :o

I have seen 737 pits ... they are a lot larger than an F-16 pit, so I guess you have room for a "full-sized" cockpit.

Looking forward to see pictures. Not only of the F-16 you are embarking on, I would love to see pix of your 737. Any home-built pit should be shown/presented, becuase a lot of TLC go in those projects. They deserve their 15 minutes of fame  ;D

Offline Wolverine

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2022, 08:16:57 AM »
Welcome

sorry for my english!!                                                Italian journal of my pit!!

Offline JCook

• General
  • Callsign: "Anger"
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2022, 12:56:18 PM »
Welcome aboard
Takeoffs are optional...landings are mandatory

Offline Maxx_6dof

• 1st.LT
  • Brand new newbie!
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2022, 08:07:31 PM »
Welcome to Viperpits Doverdown! Good to see you here. I think you'll enjoy this community.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal