* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 42
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Recent Topics/Posts

DCStoF4 (Standalone version) by SharkNoir
[March 17, 2024, 03:19:25 PM]

Author Topic: Greetings, Norway signing in  (Read 5217 times)

Offline Foghorn

• Col.
  • Old F-16 Guy
  • VP Awards Triplet Award: Awarded after 3 years of community service
    • Awards
Re: Greetings, Norway signing in
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2021, 05:32:25 PM »
Apologies for the late Welcome, but...

WELCOME!
FOGHORN

Offline Andiab

• Col.
  • Avionics Design Engineer
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2021, 03:04:04 PM »
Thanx for all the feed back. Looks like MLU is the way to go!.

The main difference on the MISC panel is the ADV push button on block 50 and the drag chute on the MLU. The pictures shows.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

The hole position for the switches is very different.
Best regards

Andreas

Offline jjbravo

• General
  • Callsign: Vino
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2021, 04:14:00 PM »
I believe the Block 50 panel is also wider than the other blocks, so keep that in mind.

Offline Andiab

• Col.
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2021, 08:42:13 AM »
Thanks for advice all. I guess MLU will be the way to go as it ads a little rarety to the most common and popular block 50 as i planned in the beginning. Most likely it will be a mix in the panels from different blocks

Perhaps i could tell some details and roadmap for my project.

My initial plan was to make a wooden cockpit based on the Block 50 variant  as it was the model used in DCS wich is my current software and have more experience with.

The big change
The plan got turned 180 degree after starting to aquire some real stuff. I managed to get an already built Alu pit that i picked up not long ago.

Inventory
I have managed to get my self the CP, instrument panel and glareshield from an real MLU as shown earlier in the post. It came with the full set of switches also including the magnet switches for the Misc panel.

I do have some few real panels like the avionics power and the oxygen regualtor with a complete set of hoses to the CRU and the bailout oxygen system.

Onward
My main focus for me now is to make a platform with wheels so i can manage to move while working.

I hope to soon fit the instrument panels and the R/H aux console. My current wishlist now is to get everything need to complete the instrument panel. I basicly need the most of panels but focus area will be the front.

Electronics
I have today a complete set of PSCockpit system but i need to figure out if i want to keep this system after aquiring real panels. I have looked at Martin(Pegasus) coming system as it looks easier to integrate the real panels.

Hopefully i will be able to get started soon and make my own build thread :vprules:
Best regards

Andreas

Offline jjbravo

• General
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2021, 11:46:09 AM »
Love it!
That's how I started, I was just going to build the CP, but then bought a pit frame and started collecting real parts.
Let me know if I can be of any help, I've been through the same you are going through 2 years ago.

Offline Andiab

• Col.
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2021, 12:19:51 PM »
Thanks. I heard some runors that you had the same kind of pit?
Best regards

Andreas

Offline jjbravo

• General
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2021, 12:45:21 PM »
Very similar yes, not completely the same, but probably built with the same plans.
I took the back part off mine. It was just too long.

Offline Andiab

• Col.
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2021, 12:53:58 PM »
Nice. Yes i felt the same so i may also end up shortening mine.
Best regards

Andreas

Offline tiger-31

• General
  • VP Awards 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2021, 02:55:11 PM »
Nice stuff. Don't shorten it. You might regret if you ever manage to get a canopy.

Offline Andiab

• Col.
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2021, 03:06:32 PM »
Notet. I do have a replica canopy

I have not decided to use it or not. Also the challenge with shortening it is to refit the glassfiber sides.
Best regards

Andreas

Offline tiger-31

• General
  • VP Awards 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2021, 03:17:48 PM »
Even with a replica canopy it is nice the pit is a bit larger, so you can make a proper opening canopy frame.

My pit is also slightly larger than the ones that are build with Killin's plans.

Also it looks like you took a flying start with your pit (pun intended).  :whistle:

Offline Marvin

• General
  • Back at again after 10 years!
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Agoge Tactical Regimen
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2021, 03:20:18 PM »
I've always been on the NO for canopies.  They are just not required and they MIGHT interfere with any projection if you choose to go that route.  I'm all for the canopy frame though and I will be doing one of those at one point, but certainly not the glass.
" Where's the KABOOM! "

Windows 8.1 64 bit, Intel Core i7 - 5820K CPU (3.30GHz 6-cores, 15MB Cache, Overclocked up to 3.8 GHz w/ Turbo Boost), 32.0 GB Quad Channel DDR4 at 2133MHz, 128GB SSD 6Gb/s Main + 2TB 72

Offline tiger-31

• General
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2021, 03:26:24 PM »
I've always been on the NO for canopies.  They are just not required and they MIGHT interfere with any projection if you choose to go that route.  I'm all for the canopy frame though and I will be doing one of those at one point, but certainly not the glass.

I'm building a canopy frame myself. I have a real one (cut up one), but I'm making a lightweight version. So not actually using the canopy glass either. But either way, if you want to put an a canopy frame (replica) a longer pit is useful.

Offline Andiab

• Col.
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2021, 03:47:55 PM »
Yes agreed. Its what i’ve been afraid of and at the momement no decided to use it when flying. The cool thing would have been to add it as a display solution only for only adding coolness ( if that even a word :wacko:) to it. But that might end up beeing annoying to remove it again when using it.
Best regards

Andreas

Offline tiger-31

• General
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2021, 04:01:14 PM »
Assuming that you would not use the glass and only a lightweight replica canopy frame, then still the longer pit is useful. This because you need to join the left and right rear ends of the frame and need a pivoting axis/mechanism.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal