• Dot Users Online:

* Recent Topics/Posts

Hello from Canada by Rufus
[April 28, 2024, 04:56:21 PM]

DCStoF4 (Standalone version) by questerymj
[April 20, 2024, 12:50:58 PM]

Last BMS version and the CANOPY SPIDER by mihi4
[April 20, 2024, 11:57:37 AM]

Author Topic: Helios user but is there better?  (Read 1138 times)

Offline Quincy

• Col.
  • Live Free or Die
    • GD ViperWorks
    • Awards
Helios user but is there better?
« on: March 21, 2022, 03:27:21 PM »
As I begin to transition my "all purpose" sim pit to a dedicated Viper pit, I am looking at different means to project more display ports.

I currently use Helios and project my MFDs, RWR and DED. But I have run into an issue that the Helios modules do not contain exports for many other instruments that I will need as I transition from a functional pit to a replica pit. Does anyone have a solution for this? Another export software perhaps?

If I continue to run Helios, for some instruments, how would I integrate devices from Pegasus or other vendors? Is there one system that will run those and also project viewports to screens behind the panel?

I also use DCSBIOS for panels from TekCreations and have read another thread that there may be a conflict between Helios and DCSBIOS.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I am new to taking this pit to the next logical evolution. Which means I have no electrical circuit knowledge beyond the USB plug and play or and binding peripherals.

Offline JCook

• General
  • Callsign: "Anger"
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
Re: Helios user but is there better?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2022, 05:08:19 PM »
I highly recommend the LAN board solution from Pegasus. As far as integrating with video output, this is separate.

I believe BMS has some built-in video extraction capability and there are some tutorials on the DCS forums for video redirection with the lua scripts.
Takeoffs are optional...landings are mandatory

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal