There aren't any users online.

* Recent Topics/Posts

Hello from Canada by Nigel
[Today at 02:39:55 AM]

DCStoF4 (Standalone version) by questerymj
[April 20, 2024, 12:50:58 PM]

Last BMS version and the CANOPY SPIDER by mihi4
[April 20, 2024, 11:57:37 AM]

Author Topic: Boards to interface with DCS  (Read 6631 times)

Offline Marvin

• General
  • Back at again after 10 years!
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Agoge Tactical Regimen
    • Awards
Re: Boards to interface with DCS
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2020, 07:35:16 PM »
Me too.  That's the main reason I refuse to fly anything BUT the Viper in it.

Sorry I think you misunderstood my original post or I didn’t explain it clearly.  I meant Hornet development with BMS.   With DCS I don’t see a point in doing anything  but the Viper.
" Where's the KABOOM! "

Windows 8.1 64 bit, Intel Core i7 - 5820K CPU (3.30GHz 6-cores, 15MB Cache, Overclocked up to 3.8 GHz w/ Turbo Boost), 32.0 GB Quad Channel DDR4 at 2133MHz, 128GB SSD 6Gb/s Main + 2TB 72

Offline Rufus

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2020, 11:16:51 PM »
I think I got you.  And I prefer the VRS Hornet to the DCS one...so far.

My next pit WILL be a Hornet...I just haven't figured which one yet, but more than likely a Super - an F Model.  Then I may abandon all else.
- Rufus

Offline Pegasus

• Brig.General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build
    • http://www.xflight.de
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2020, 01:23:13 PM »
Hello guys,

I plan to support in the near future also DCS with my DEDCapture system. But 1st I will finalize my new version 3.0 that support my new LAN PCB project. After this I will support also DCS  :biggrin:

Hope, this information can help you.

All the best and take care

Martin "Pegasus"

Offline Venom

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2020, 02:23:44 PM »
I wish the folks at BMS would put an equivalent effort into a Hornet model as they have into their Viper...and I AM trying to start a turf war... :whistle: ...

Only need a coder with interest, know how and time.

You up for it?

Offline Rufus

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2020, 03:43:31 PM »
...well...if I got to run the show I would think you'd a Team of researchers/coders/testers for each airplane you were building a model for - so not an simple tasking, really.  Not to mention pulling all the "immature" code for sub-standard models and then re-introducing it.

I'm not really a coder, I'd certainly be willing to manage the project, or learn what I can and make a contribution.  Once I get rid of my day job... :whistle: ...
- Rufus

Offline JCook

• General
  • Callsign: "Anger"
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2020, 03:56:49 PM »
Martin's got the solution.
The wait is almost over. It will be worth it.
The Pegasus products are top of the line.
 :thumbsup:
Takeoffs are optional...landings are mandatory

Offline Cupra

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • 1st VFW "Glory Wings"
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2020, 04:06:58 PM »
They are :) But as fas as I know is the main usage BMS and not DCS.

Offline JCook

• General
  • Callsign: "Anger"
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2020, 04:18:20 PM »
Yes. As Martin said, first BMS support and then DCS.
Takeoffs are optional...landings are mandatory

Offline Rufus

• General
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2020, 04:48:54 PM »
I am SERIOUSLY looking forward to these new boards...DROOOOOL... :countingmoney: .
- Rufus

Offline Cupra

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • 1st VFW "Glory Wings"
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2020, 05:04:41 PM »
Singe I saw them working with all the possibilities and options they have...  :cheerleader:

But that is much OT here.....

Offline Snoopy

• General
  • Flying Snoopy Airways
  • VP Awards Triplet Award: Awarded after 3 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2020, 07:36:18 AM »
There are also other very cheap solution available which can work with buttons and switches and require no programming at all. I ordered this one:
https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/4000620083956.html
Hasn't vbeen delivered yet. Only drawback is that it can take only 12 buttons.
Today it was delivered and I quickly tested it with two switches. Just connect the included wire to the switch, plug it in and it works like a charm in any windows application. Great. For just 6 euro (about $6.50).

Offline Knight

• Maj. General
  • 31st Knight
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2020, 11:34:46 AM »
Thats cool..  Can you combine it too  more boards or bigger.? Hmm   Probable need to read the whole topic...

Offline Snoopy

• General
  • Flying Snoopy Airways
  • VP Awards Triplet Award: Awarded after 3 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2020, 12:08:02 PM »
Thats cool..  Can you combine it too  more boards or bigger.? Hmm   Probable need to read the whole topic...
No I am afraid not. That is the problem. Each board would require its own USB connection and show up as a separate controller in Windows. S o you are limited to 12 switches/buttons and a joystick.

You could use a Robotdyn Micro which also automatically shows up in Windows as gamecontroller. That can be programmed (Arduino clone) and can handle much more connections. I use one for my ICP.
Here is a cheap address in Holland:
https://www.tinytronics.nl/shop/nl/arduino/main-boards/robotdyn-micro-atmega32u4

Offline viper26

• Maj. General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2020, 02:05:26 PM »
I have two of these cheap in price boards coming my way.  Maybe easier for me to use than the Pokeys board I could get to work.  I'll attack the Pokeys project whenever I have the time. 

Smoked

« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2020, 08:27:10 PM »
Also keep the bodnar boards in mind.   The pit I am building is for VR only.   Yep it will not look anything like the amazing pits I have seen here and I am ok with that.   For simple switches and knobs, there is nothing wrong with some Bodnar boards and DCS....    True importing the rest is a PITA....

As far as turf wars are concerned, once BMS gets the visual candy that DCS has to offer, then it will be a no brainier..... Not holding my breath though... After 1-1 head movement and depth perception, there is no way I can go back to 2d graphics... can't do it..

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal