General discussion, User presentation & Admin > New User Presentation

Hello there!

(1/4) > >>

Deadhead:
After lurking these forums for quiet a while it was time for some introduction.

So hello!

I'm a dude from the Netherlands, been in love with F-16's since I was a little kid (31 now).
My grandpa was a mechanic for the dutch airforces, and took me to airbases quiet a lot back in the day.

He loved aircraft especially the F104 Starfighter, and his enthousiasm passed on to me.

When the F16 module for DCS came out I was excited and immediatly got it.
After buying the MFD set from thrustmaster and some screens from good old Ali, I made a case with a 3d printer so I have working MFD's.
After that I made a simple button box but I wanted more and more. A ICP being made by someone from Poland is already on its way..
So here I am.

My plan is to build a fully working cockpit with arduino's, I think I watched the Warthog Project videos on youtube a dozen times or more for inspiration.

In the beginning I am not going to build a complete replica, just a functional pit with everything "in the right place" and maybe eventually a more realistic one.
I'd also rather have something modular like Center Console, right console and left console but detachable from eachother so if I ever move out of my house I can easily take it with me.. oh yeah and the next thing... all my stuff is in the attic of the house so being able to to get it up the stairs and down would be handy too..

I have a used carseat right now but would rather build a seat myself from wood, again: it doesnt have to be an exact ACES replica, but if someone has plans for a more simplified version of the ACES seat or solution please let me know!

Cheers!

tiger-31:
Welcome to VP, have fun and succes with the project.

VarZaT:
Welcome! :beer:

JCook:
Welcome. You should find what you are looking for here.

henkie:

--- Quote from: Deadhead on November 07, 2022, 03:29:06 AM ---After lurking these forums for quiet a while it was time for some introduction.

--- End quote ---

That's an excellent start  ;D
Welcome!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version