• Dot Users Online:

* Recent Topics/Posts

Hello from Canada by ChrispyBiscuit99
[Today at 06:49:56 AM]

DCStoF4 (Standalone version) by questerymj
[April 20, 2024, 12:50:58 PM]

Last BMS version and the CANOPY SPIDER by mihi4
[April 20, 2024, 11:57:37 AM]

Author Topic: Flareless's F4 Glass v.1.01 install writeup  (Read 3542 times)

Offline Ka-Bar03

• - Mike -
  • Administrator
  • General
  • VP Awards Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
Flareless's F4 Glass v.1.01 install writeup
« on: March 14, 2004, 09:05:46 PM »
Thanks to Flareless, he posted this to Frugal's Cockpit Forum and I wanted to make it available here also, so its easily referenced.

Re: F4 Glass v1.01 update

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought I was being pretty clear for a guy with a pile of Rye in him

Seriously though, it's very easy. I want to re-iterate the mega-importance of removing all old versions first. Use the un-installer for Glass and remove Data Mirror manually. This is critical. If you leave them you will easily get confused over versions.

Steps
1. Remove all old versions of F4 Glass & Data Mirror
2. Check the disk to ensure step 1
3. Install F4 Data Mirror on Falcon PC
4. Install F4 Glass and Data Mirror on client PC(s)
5. In each F4DM.INI edit the IP address on the HostIP Line. This should be changed to the address of the Falcon 4 PC.
6. Start F4 Data Mirror Server on Falcon PC
7. Start Falcon 4
8. Start F4 Data Mirror Client on Client PC(s). Watch the tach rev! No tach? Wrong version.
9. Start F4 Glass on Client PC
10. Catch breath after seeing how cool it is. Relax. Stroke your towel for comfort.
11. Click F4 Glass Icon in System Tray on client PC. Select Settings.
12. Using the cool new interface, select controls you want.
13. Position gauges where you want them. Right clicking gauge gives properties. You can size and rotate them here.
14. Refresh your drink
15. Fly Falcon for hours marvelling at how amazing it is to have gauges. Raise your glass to Erwin during each sortie.

Steps 11 through 13 need only be run once or twice until you have it set up right.

This is of course an un-official setup guide and is no way sanctioned by EagleEye. It's just what worked for me every time.

One last personal note: The amount of work that went into this app must have been astronomical. I found that it is a core element of my pit. Remember that even though it is freeware, showing your appreciation through PayPal never caused the author any harm. If you use it, it has value. If you honor its value, honor its creator.

Flareless

Offline Flareless

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2004, 08:53:18 AM »
Wow, I honoured to have my own sticky thread.  I just saw it.  Thanks Mike.  Just an add-in note;  BMS 2.0 does NOT work with the current version of F4 Glass 1.01.  This is due to new elements in the F4 shared memory file.  Erwin is aware of these problems and plans an update.
Blue Skies,

Flareless
Lower West Side Studio

Jallie

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2006, 01:01:48 AM »
don't miss the F4Glass version

one is for-->  BMS

the last one for --> Falcon-AF...;)

Offline Flareless

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2006, 08:07:49 AM »
Good point Jallie, thanks.  There is now a BMS Patch for version 1.01.  Version 1.03 is AF compatible.
Blue Skies,

Flareless
Lower West Side Studio

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal