• Dot Users Online:

* Recent Topics/Posts

Hello from Canada by ChrispyBiscuit99
[April 30, 2024, 06:49:56 AM]

DCStoF4 (Standalone version) by questerymj
[April 20, 2024, 12:50:58 PM]

Last BMS version and the CANOPY SPIDER by mihi4
[April 20, 2024, 11:57:37 AM]

Author Topic: Sound setup  (Read 7451 times)

Marvin

Sound setup
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2006, 04:02:04 AM »
Yes, but then you are missin all the cockpit audibles!  Last I checked the were no speakers in the cockpit playing all the bitching betty, RWR, and heater sounds?  :roll:

Jody

Offline Crease-Guard

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
Sound setup
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2006, 11:23:05 PM »
Jody brings up a damn good point.  My idea is right, but I may want to reverse a couple things.  Let's crossover, but crossout the sound effects going into the headset.  Let's then have the external crossed just to allow the lower frequencies, that way you get the rumble of the engine, the thump of the runway and a few external sounds.  Really, what one wants is to filter those external sounds out of the headset but leave the other ques there.

I wonder, I know bitching betty probably comes through the headset, but does the RWR and heater tones do as well?

Jay

Marvin

Sound setup
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2006, 12:39:21 AM »
Jay,

What you kidding me???  First off is there speakers somewhere inside the cockpit???  

But if that does not convince you, then have a look at the audio panel # 1, there are two rehostats for MSL, and threat volumes.  Those are specif for the RWR and the heaters.

Jody

Offline Crease-Guard

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
Sound setup
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2006, 03:19:47 AM »
You mean to tell me they don't have front and rear speakers with some kick ass amps in these things?

How they supposed to listen to Ozzy and Iron Maiden?

Jay

Marvin

Sound setup
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2006, 04:14:22 AM »
I think you can run that through the ICP with the WINAMP option checked in F4 patch..  Oh wait..  That's not the real plane, that's Falcon! :D

Jody

Offline Flareless

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
Sound setup
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2006, 08:12:47 AM »
Wait a sec, wasn't Doug Masters able to pump his Sony Walkman through the Viper's sound system?  I haven't found the jack for that either.  I'm starting to think Iron Eagle may have been less than 100% realistic ;) :D
Blue Skies,

Flareless
Lower West Side Studio

Hack

Sound setup
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2006, 11:36:21 AM »
No way Rich. You will not find another movie that more accurately models a Hades bomb... 8)

Justin

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal