There aren't any users online.

* Recent Topics/Posts

Hello from Canada by ChrispyBiscuit99
[Today at 06:49:56 AM]

DCStoF4 (Standalone version) by questerymj
[April 20, 2024, 12:50:58 PM]

Last BMS version and the CANOPY SPIDER by mihi4
[April 20, 2024, 11:57:37 AM]

Author Topic: Forward 'empty' view  (Read 3722 times)

Offline AiRdAncE

• Kim - was lost but then found ;)
  • Global Moderator
  • General
  • Fly till I PUKE !
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Software Guru Award: Awarded to those with special software skills Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • My Foundry for cast metal replica items
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
Forward 'empty' view
« on: December 18, 2006, 03:37:43 PM »
Falcon 4 AF:

This might seem a really stupid question, and it prolly is, but I've been unable to figure this out.

I'm trying to find out how I can have the number 5 view (forward, no cockpit) without the two MFD's overlayed bottom left and right and without the HUD overlayed. All I want is the normal (no computerized views overlayed) birdseye view forward to use with a beamer or projector.

Question 2: Does anyone have a modified cockpit file that has the HUD on a separate monitor in res. 1280x2048 for example ?
Thanks for the info !  8)
Life is what you make of it.

---------------------------------
Cast aluminum and brass replica cockpit items
www.castcrafter.com

Offline idekkers

• General
  • VP Awards Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts
    • Awards
Forward 'empty' view
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2006, 04:00:28 PM »
the second - question i know is not possible in AF

about the first - 99% sure not possible in AF .

you'll have to use an "older" version of falcon for that.

Ido

Offline AiRdAncE

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • Fly till I PUKE !
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Software Guru Award: Awarded to those with special software skills Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
Forward 'empty' view
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2006, 06:15:26 PM »
Quote from: "idekkers"
the second - question i know is not possible in AF

about the first - 99% sure not possible in AF .

you'll have to use an "older" version of falcon for that.

Ido

Really ? Bummer  :(

www.castcrafter.com

Offline thebeev

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • LT. General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
Forward 'empty' view
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2006, 07:46:08 PM »
Apparently F4:AF was a setback for pit builders  :(

Correct me if I'm wrong guys, but there are more output functions with the previous version of F4.

Offline Ribbs

• -=VP Donor=-
  • Maj. General
    • Patterson Equipment, Inc.
    • Awards
Forward 'empty' view
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2006, 09:07:28 PM »
Not positive, but I think we're back to having all the callbacks reinstated now.  Regarding sharedmem, that is close to what it had become with the last BMS mod.  I think the largest deficit now for pit builders and Allied Force probably is in things like the external views.

Don't want to hijack this thread, but what else is still lacking over FF/SP/BMS?  I know I miss setting the idle cutoff under throttle setup.

Marvin

Forward 'empty' view
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2006, 03:25:48 AM »
Well, this is all positive actually..  Now you can finally agree like many of us, that F4AF is a complete waste of time!! :D  Thanks LP, you really know how to listen to the community (as you claimed you did) when it came to creating, or editing F4AF.

On the plus side, now you can go back to a way better version of Falcon where all this can be done so easily!

Jody

Offline AiRdAncE

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • Fly till I PUKE !
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
Forward 'empty' view
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2006, 03:52:14 AM »
Quote from: "Marvin"
Well, this is all positive actually..  Now you can finally agree like many of us, that F4AF is a complete waste of time!! :D  Thanks LP, you really know how to listen to the community (as you claimed you did) when it came to creating, or editing F4AF.

On the plus side, now you can go back to a way better version of Falcon where all this can be done so easily!

Jody

Ouch Jody ! Guess this is something you've been pi$$ed about for some time now :D

Errr... this might seem a really stupid question (I feel I have a lot of those lately), but where can I get the 'better' version of Falcon ? I don't see it for sale in the stores here (NL)...   :shock:

www.castcrafter.com

Offline idekkers

• General
  • VP Awards Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts
    • Awards
Forward 'empty' view
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2006, 08:20:19 AM »
it's actually the original falcon with free patches
you can get it on ebay

Offline AiRdAncE

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • Fly till I PUKE !
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
Forward 'empty' view
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2006, 08:22:11 AM »
Quote from: "idekkers"
it's actually the original falcon with free patches
you can get it on ebay

I'll have a look. Thanks !

www.castcrafter.com

Marvin

Forward 'empty' view
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2006, 08:52:29 AM »
There are many great versions out there.  I won't discuss which I prefer as it is a matter of opinion and what is available to you.  However, I have been a part of all of them and have tested them extensively.

I will recommend for stability and ease to go with and FF3/Cobra instal.  Very stable, simple to install, and has all the great aditions that BMS gave us a couple years ago.  I don't have any instal guide, however if you look at freefalcon.com there is some pretty good ones there.

Hope that helps
Jody

Offline idekkers

• General
    • Awards
Forward 'empty' view
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2006, 09:07:27 AM »
let me elaborate a bit more :

there are generally 3 upgrade path's for Falcon 4:

1. freefalcon + cobra (freefalcon has the latest BMS patch built in).
http://www.freefalcon.com/
2. SuperPack + BMS
3. Open Falcon - the latest and best (i think) - which is not officially out there but lately for some reason is very available.

Marvin

Forward 'empty' view
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2006, 09:10:59 AM »
Ha ha ha, I'm such an idiot.. I just realized Flareless posted an install guide for FF3 and Cobra1 in this same forum..  Go a head and use this guide as this was our install guide about a year or two ago and it was very stable.

Jody

Offline HOLLYWOOD

• Brig.General
    • Awards
Forward 'empty' view
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2006, 12:34:07 PM »
3. Open Falcon - the latest and best (i think) - which is not officially out there but lately for some reason is very availabl

very available??
HOLLYWOOD

Offline AiRdAncE

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • Fly till I PUKE !
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
Forward 'empty' view
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2006, 01:35:43 PM »
Thanks guys,

Great replies ! I've just managed to get my hands on Microprose's Falcon 4 (thank god for neighbours) and I'm D/L FF3 now ;)

I'm soo excited, I just can't hide it ! (ROFL)

www.castcrafter.com

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal