* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 59
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Recent Topics/Posts

DCStoF4 (Standalone version) by SharkNoir
[March 17, 2024, 03:19:25 PM]

Author Topic: The Viper Simmer  (Read 18910 times)

Offline Snoopy

• General
  • Flying Snoopy Airways
  • VP Awards Triplet Award: Awarded after 3 years of community service
    • Awards
Re: The Viper Simmer
« Reply #60 on: November 25, 2021, 04:45:36 AM »
In our country all pilots are fully trained in English. They all speak it very well (although some of them do have a terrible accent) since they had all their training in the US. But in exercises, when for example American units are the opposite side, they will communicate in Dutch to not give away any information.

Offline Marvin

• General
  • Back at again after 10 years!
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Agoge Tactical Regimen
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: November 25, 2021, 02:30:11 PM »
In our country all pilots are fully trained in English. They all speak it very well (although some of them do have a terrible accent) since they had all their training in the US. But in exercises, when for example American units are the opposite side, they will communicate in Dutch to not give away any information.

Yes I would imagine any NATO country must be able to operate in English for joint operations.  I would also image they would communicate in the native language on intra-flight just for quicker and more effective communication.
" Where's the KABOOM! "

Windows 8.1 64 bit, Intel Core i7 - 5820K CPU (3.30GHz 6-cores, 15MB Cache, Overclocked up to 3.8 GHz w/ Turbo Boost), 32.0 GB Quad Channel DDR4 at 2133MHz, 128GB SSD 6Gb/s Main + 2TB 72

Offline Leech87

• Col.
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: November 25, 2021, 02:35:23 PM »

Yes I would imagine any NATO country must be able to operate in English for joint operations.  I would also image they would communicate in the native language on intra-flight just for quicker and more effective communication.
Correct

Offline salaxi54

• General
  • VP Awards Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Money Saver: Given to those that try to keep cost to a minimum Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: November 25, 2021, 02:43:24 PM »
Fellas, let's not forget, virtual squadrons are manned (mostly) by civilians. Thus, we should expect local squadrons using native language a lot. Of course when members from abroad join-in, it would be all the more logical trying to communicate in English for example. NATO forces always communicate in English (not always successfully - trust me), be it Air Force, Navy, or the Army during joint exercises. Take it from a guy who's participated on the Gulf crisis, the Adriatic, and countless STANAVFORMED missions..  :whocares:

Offline Snoopy

• General
  • Flying Snoopy Airways
  • VP Awards Triplet Award: Awarded after 3 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: November 25, 2021, 02:59:04 PM »
This question made me searching, and I still do have em...   :notes:

Offline malpaso

• Col.
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: November 25, 2021, 03:21:34 PM »
@Snoopy, your ICAO must be 6.
it is the document that attests to an aviator's proficiency in English, that is, his ability to communicate and understand the language.
Flying is the second greatest emotion that man knows......Landing is the first!

Offline malpaso

• Col.
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: November 25, 2021, 03:31:09 PM »
Following ICAO guidelines, evaluating English within the universe of civil aviation. This includes the pilot's routine, unforeseen events and emergencies. Skills assessed are pronunciation, grammatical structure, vocabulary, fluency, comprehension and interactions.
Test:
 Aviation Topics
 Candidates answer questions related to their experience and the daily life of aviation in general. This initial part aims to “break the ice”, while the answers are evaluated. Each answer should last approximately one minute.
Interacting as a Pilot
Now the candidate is the pilot, interacting with traffic control in five different situations. All information understood must be reported to the examiner, always using aviation phraseology. Here, the aim is to assess the ability to understand and interact in English.
Unexpected Situations
Three emergency situations are presented, through recordings of dialogues between a pilot and a controller. The candidate must report everything he/she was able to understand and answer questions about each situation. In the end, he should indicate what was the most difficult situation to deal with and point out possible solutions or ways to prevent the problem. This step assesses language comprehension in real emergency situations.
 Picture Description and Discussion
In the last part of the exam, the candidate must describe a photo and answer questions related to the image. Statements are presented and the respondent must say how much they agree or disagree with them, always justifying their opinion.
Flying is the second greatest emotion that man knows......Landing is the first!

Offline Fhyndoh

• Maj. General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: November 25, 2021, 04:50:13 PM »
the other thing not mentioned here is Marvin gets to learn a new language while flying with friends, and that is something only the internet can provide!

it sounds like a wonderful community and challenge

M
Gentlemen, it is time, don your cider visors and follow me!"

Cougar FCC#19 (01533), Homemade ICP, 2 masterpilots, CH pro pedals...empty wallet, BIG smile

Offline salaxi54

• General
  • VP Awards Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Money Saver: Given to those that try to keep cost to a minimum Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: November 25, 2021, 11:57:59 PM »
@Snoopy : I think i still have some of that DLI-ELC stuff from training in Lackland TX.
@Fhyndoh : That's one of the nicest things about online communities!

Offline Marvin

• General
  • Back at again after 10 years!
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Agoge Tactical Regimen
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: March 14, 2022, 05:08:05 PM »
Another video with a new much better quality camera on my head for POV.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZZm_W207Oo" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZZm_W207Oo</a>
" Where's the KABOOM! "

Windows 8.1 64 bit, Intel Core i7 - 5820K CPU (3.30GHz 6-cores, 15MB Cache, Overclocked up to 3.8 GHz w/ Turbo Boost), 32.0 GB Quad Channel DDR4 at 2133MHz, 128GB SSD 6Gb/s Main + 2TB 72

Offline Cupra

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • 1st VFW "Glory Wings"
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: March 14, 2022, 05:25:07 PM »
That looks really amazing  :yihaw:  :cheerleader:

Offline Kukki

• Administrator
  • General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: March 14, 2022, 06:40:51 PM »
Super cool Jody  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline jjbravo

• General
  • Callsign: Vino
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: March 14, 2022, 06:55:44 PM »
Awesome Jody  :clap:

Offline Rufus

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: March 14, 2022, 10:01:06 PM »
I know that when I got my Private Pilot's license I was taught that the FAA standard for ALL air operations was the English language.  I know this isn't strictly adhered to in ALL locations (try flying into Quebec and not speaking French, forex...) but supposedly it's the FAA "standard" by Regulation.

https://www.faa.gov/regulations_policies/advisory_circulars/index.cfm/go/document.information/documentID/1031388
- Rufus

Offline Zeight

• Brig.General
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: March 15, 2022, 08:35:07 AM »
Great video  :beer:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal