• Dot Users Online:

* Recent Topics/Posts

I am a newbie who took off from Japan sir by Atlas
[May 16, 2024, 12:43:47 PM]

Mag switches with DCS by questerymj
[May 11, 2024, 08:11:05 AM]

USAeroSim DCS F16c CDU Software by snakedoc
[May 10, 2024, 09:10:22 AM]

Author Topic: Member Identifiers  (Read 4867 times)

JCD

Member Identifiers
« on: August 01, 2007, 06:03:04 PM »
Load em up...

I know I might get a SAM up the tailpipe for this because someone must have already asked...butt countermeasures are ready. :fight:

What does Vipu-tation with their associated plus and minus and ranks with symbols mean exactly? I only ask because I wanted to know if those are things I may want to avoid?

I hope this thread is short and painless.

Marvin

Re: Member Identifiers
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 06:10:21 PM »
Wooops, I just clicked on "SMITE" underneath your name and that gave you a -1.  So there is your answer..  :thumbsup:   Don't feel bad, cause since I don't have -100 under my name, members must not be too familair with this.

Can any of the adminstrators here remove that negative mark I gave him..  Wooops!

Jody

Offline AiRdAncE

• Kim - was lost but then found ;)
  • Global Moderator
  • General
  • Fly till I PUKE !
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Software Guru Award: Awarded to those with special software skills Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • My Foundry for cast metal replica items
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007, 06:11:01 PM »
No offense, but you might want to consider the search-function :D

http://www.viperpits.org/smf/index.php?action=search&search=vipe-utation
Life is what you make of it.

---------------------------------
Cast aluminum and brass replica cockpit items
www.castcrafter.com

Offline AiRdAncE

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • Fly till I PUKE !
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Software Guru Award: Awarded to those with special software skills Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2007, 06:12:07 PM »
Can any of the adminstrators here remove that negative mark I gave him..  Wooops!

Jody... really !! I was trying to get to bed  :firedevil:

www.castcrafter.com

Marvin

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2007, 06:14:37 PM »
Hmmm, well in that case you just earned 1 negative point!   :fight:

Jody :-P

101-douxx

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2007, 06:30:31 PM »

And the war as started!!! :bat:

Remember Jody,
Canada may have the best soldiers in the world. :viking:

But the Netherlands are too numerous on this forum. :hush:
And on top of that, thay have an admin in their ranks! :wacko:

We only have a moderator.
We are screwed.... :beammeup:
« Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 06:44:02 PM by 101-douxx »

JCD

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2007, 06:31:42 PM »
No offense, but you might want to consider the search-function :D

http://www.viperpits.org/smf/index.php?action=search&search=vipe-utation

No offense taken...

However, I don't see the smite or applaud thing. Also, am I accurate in assuming that anyone can do that? Dammmnnnn...no controls whatsoever? So anybody can just smite someone and that is that?

What happens if you get a lot of smites and how or when do they go away? Do they balance out increasing or decreasing based on applauds?

I think lurk mode or PM may be a real good idea. :mad:

Bombs away.

Marvin

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2007, 06:40:57 PM »
Hey,

You should see them..  They are right below the Vipe-utation thingy..  I can appreciate your concern about not having control over the vipe-utation.  But honestly, what does it matter??  And I do mean that seriously..  Everyone is open to their own opinions of each other on this forum.  I most certainly have my own of others here.  But not like I would care less if a guy was running around here with a +1/-50 score???   Those things need to be taken with a grain of salt.  Besides most of the times arguments are caused by lack of language and culture understandings.

Jody

Marvin

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2007, 06:48:01 PM »
 :harhar:  Bring it on!!!!  I worked with the Dutch many times in the sand box..  You can easily bribe them with a pack of cigarettes!  :smoking:

Jody

And the war as started!!! :bat:

Remember Jody,
Canada may have the best soldiers in the world. :viking:

But the Netherlands are too numerous on this forum. :hush:
And on top of that, thay have an admin in their ranks! :wacko:

We only have a moderator.
We are screwed.... :beammeup:

JCD

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2007, 06:54:27 PM »
Wooops, I just clicked on "SMITE" underneath your name and that gave you a -1.  So there is your answer..  :thumbsup:   Don't feel bad, cause since I don't have -100 under my name, members must not be too familair with this.

Jody

What Jedi?
You smit me? Did I harrass or aggravate you? :wacko:
What is wrong with these Canadians...itchy trigger fingers? Can't sit still in the cockpit? Feather across the @ss? Should I correct your ailment? :bat:

I don't care about the smite thingie...it's your act of war! :fight:

Hmmm...don't feel bad if you wake up and find -100 under your name while I do a stealth move and fly under your snoring radar in the middle of the night. :-\

By the way, I did a search on the other rank thingie and didn't find anything there so I guess I only got half an answer...you gonna smit me again?

JCD

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2007, 06:58:04 PM »
Dammnnn... :o

I get tough with somebody and all of a sudden I have an applaud and I'm a second lieutenant.  Shooooot...whose the biggest baddest guy in here I can pick a fight with? :fight: :fight:

Well. where are you?

Marvin

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2007, 07:00:47 PM »
No, I tried that, and it would appear we have to wait another hour before we can strike again..  Damn, those are some long loading drills!!!   Oh, well...  This war will show true dedication..  And I work 12 hours shifts, so that is at least 12 negative points you are getting everytime I work!    :rabbits:

Jody  :bat:

101-douxx

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2007, 07:02:28 PM »

I get tough with somebody and all of a sudden I have an applaud and I'm a second lieutenant.  Shooooot...whose the biggest baddest guy in here I can pick a fight with? :fight: :fight:

Well. where are you?

That would probably be Jody... And you don't want to start that with him if I were you! ::) :wave: :hangman: :wheelchair:
 ;)

JCD

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2007, 07:05:36 PM »
No, I tried that, and it would appear we have to wait another hour before we can strike again..  Damn, those are some long loading drills!!!   Oh, well...  This war will show true dedication..  And I work 12 hours shifts, so that is at least 12 negative points you are getting everytime I work!    :rabbits:

Jody  :bat:

Oh...

Well if you tried it and it didn't work then I guess I wont waste any energy. :reading:

12 points, 100 points, tomatoes, tomatos...either way, Clinton spelled potato incorrectly so what does it matter?

Offline AiRdAncE

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • Fly till I PUKE !
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2007, 07:06:48 PM »

However, I don't see the smite or applaud thing.
That is correct  :-P

You will be able to applaud or smite as of 4 total posts on your account. Which is right about now ;)

www.castcrafter.com

Offline AiRdAncE

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • Fly till I PUKE !
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2007, 07:08:12 PM »
:harhar:  Bring it on!!!!  I worked with the Dutch many times in the sand box..  You can easily bribe them with a pack of cigarettes!  :smoking:

Whahahah !! B-OO-L-SH-IH-T !! (:bs:) I quit smoking 10 months ago Jody, and all I'm craving lately is beer ;)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 07:10:58 PM by AiRdAncE »

www.castcrafter.com

JCD

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2007, 07:10:11 PM »

Well. where are you?

That would probably be Jody... And you don't want to start that with him if I were you! ::) :wave: :hangman: :wheelchair:
 ;)

PPPPPFFFF...well, it can't be said that Canadians don't stick together. So which bunny are you...the one on top or the one on the bottom? :rabbits: Tee Hee. :harhar:

« Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 07:11:40 PM by AiRdAncE »

Offline AiRdAncE

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • Fly till I PUKE !
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2007, 07:14:56 PM »
Oh...

Well if you tried it and it didn't work then I guess I wont waste any energy. :reading:

12 points, 100 points, tomatoes, tomatos...either way, Clinton spelled potato incorrectly so what does it matter?

Yep... I figured it out by now... this one's ready for the nuthouse boys ! Take him away !  :partyhat: :partydevil:

www.castcrafter.com

Marvin

« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2007, 07:18:58 PM »

Whahahah !! B-OO-L-SH-IH-T !! (:bs:) I quit smoking 10 months ago Jody, and all I'm craving lately is beer ;)

:yihaw:   You crack me up!!!!!   Beer it is..  I will say though...  There still is nothing more impressive then watching your boys take off in their Vipers at Kabul!!  Man they were the rock stars of the sky over there.  I have never in my life been blown away like the first time they ripped by me during take off at about 350 knots, then pull a hard G turn towards the mountain at about 300 feet off the ground.   I could still feel the pressure from the burners; that's how close we were!  :beer:

However, I was quite certain I saw a cigarette coming out of his mask though...  :-P

Jody

Offline lightning

• -=VP Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Software Guru Award: Awarded to those with special software skills Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Lightning's Tools GitHub repository
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2007, 07:25:36 PM »
Actually, it was Dan Quayle that couldn't spell potato.  But hey.  They didn't have "Are You Smarter Than A 5th-Grader?" back then. 

either way, Clinton spelled potato incorrectly so what does it matter?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 07:27:45 PM by lightning »

JCD

« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2007, 07:26:09 PM »
Hey Jody...

You mention Kabul. Are you a combat veteran brother?

JCD

« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2007, 07:28:49 PM »

Really...I thought it was Clinton. He spelled it Potatoe and then there was a debate about how "old english" was used to spell it and it was correct. R U sure?

JCD

« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2007, 07:33:25 PM »
Hey Lightning...

Check your applauds brother.

;)

Offline lightning

• -=VP Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Software Guru Award: Awarded to those with special software skills Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2007, 07:40:56 PM »

Really...I thought it was Clinton. He spelled it Potatoe and then there was a debate about how "old english" was used to spell it and it was correct. R U sure?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Quayle
Quite sure.

JCD

« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2007, 07:44:16 PM »
Yup...100% accurate. How did I get Clinton?

Ahhh...age.

Offline lightning

• -=VP Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2007, 08:09:28 PM »
Yup...100% accurate. How did I get Clinton?

Ahhh...age.
When you start confusing cigars with potatos, you know you're in trouble ;) 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal