There aren't any users online.

* Recent Topics/Posts

I am a newbie who took off from Japan sir by Atlas
[May 16, 2024, 12:43:47 PM]

Mag switches with DCS by questerymj
[May 11, 2024, 08:11:05 AM]

USAeroSim DCS F16c CDU Software by snakedoc
[May 10, 2024, 09:10:22 AM]

Author Topic: My Brief TrackIR Experience  (Read 6172 times)

Offline AiRdAncE

• Kim - was lost but then found ;)
  • Global Moderator
  • General
  • Fly till I PUKE !
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Software Guru Award: Awarded to those with special software skills Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • My Foundry for cast metal replica items
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
My Brief TrackIR Experience
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2007, 08:20:40 AM »
Quote from: "Flareless"
You can ask him anything, be it electronics, engineering, medicine, etc and you'd swear by his answer that that is his actual field of work.  

Nah.... Jay is just really, really good with Wikipedia ;) :P
Life is what you make of it.

---------------------------------
Cast aluminum and brass replica cockpit items
www.castcrafter.com

Offline Ka-Bar03

• - Mike -
  • Administrator
  • General
  • VP Awards Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2007, 12:09:53 PM »
I've uses TIR for many years and love it! It's a shame you can't use it Rich, although from what i've read, pretty common.

Offline Sledge

• Real pilot. Fake airplanes. No FAA = FUN
  • -=VP Donor=-
  • Brig.General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • My Twitch channel:  MAX_THRUST
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2007, 12:32:52 PM »
I started with the Track IR2 a few years ago and just recently upgraded to Version 4.  It definitely took some getting used to for me.  Thankfully, I have never had a motion sickness problem of any kind (A real plus for a pilot!).  I just wish there was a way to get rid of the panels in 3-d cockpit view so it was'nt there for all of us pit builders!  Oh well.  I really like the Track IR and think it really adds to the immersion, especially for air-air stuff where you have to keep the bogey in sight.

I feel for ya Rich!  I can't stand flying without it now.  If I had to go back to using the HAT switch I think I'd just quit.

-Sledge
Cleared in hot.

Offline Crease-Guard

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2007, 01:12:50 PM »
Im right there with you sledge, I'd love to see a 3d pit with no pit for that very reason.  You'd think this would be easy to do, just take a 3d pit and delete the pit.

How about it you guys that have done this, can this be done?  Seems like it shouldn't be hard at all.

Jay

Marvin

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2007, 03:02:33 PM »
Quote from: "Kabar03"
I've uses TIR for many years and love it! It's a shame you can't use it Rich, although from what i've read, pretty common.

Mike,

You probably have no issues with TrackIR cause well you actually need to fly Falcon to make it work properly!  :lol:

Jody

Offline Ka-Bar03

• - Mike -
  • Administrator
  • General
  • VP Awards Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2007, 05:04:21 PM »
Quote from: "Marvin"
Quote from: "Kabar03"

Mike,

You probably have no issues with TrackIR cause well you actually need to fly Falcon to make it work properly!  :lol:

Jody
:butthead:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal