* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 29
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Recent Topics/Posts

Hello from Canada by ChrispyBiscuit99
[April 30, 2024, 06:49:56 AM]

Author Topic: Anybody running MFDExtractor under W 10?  (Read 3954 times)

Offline Poppy

• Major
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
Anybody running MFDExtractor under W 10?
« on: April 01, 2023, 07:33:25 PM »
Hello everyone,

I'm trying to install MFDExtractor under w10 - 64 but i'm getting an error as shown in the picture below, does anyone know where can I get an updated version of the software, or point me in the right direction? Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thank you very much in advance!

Poppy

Offline Nigel

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
Re: Anybody running MFDExtractor under W 10?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2023, 10:45:52 PM »
What version are you using? Lightning has earlier versions in his repository, I dont remember which one works but i think it's two back from the current one.

Offline Poppy

• Major
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2023, 12:20:21 PM »
Hi Nigel,

First of all thanks for your response, I appreciate it! I'm running this version: Falcon_MFD_Extractor_v0_6_3_0__x86.zip, which seems to be the only one you can download from the repository, along with some other stuff, I don't know if there might be any other versions in the same website, I do know that there is a newer version (like 9 or something like that) but I do not know where can I download that one from, so if you can point me in the right direction I will really appreciate it! Again, thanks for taking the time to respond to my request!

Poppy

Offline Nigel

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2023, 12:59:37 PM »
Ok I haven't had my old pit computer up for awhile but I will see what I have.

Offline Nigel

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2023, 01:04:38 PM »
That error seems like the installer is corrupt maybe? Usually if it's a wrong version MFDEX will open and run but parts just don't work. IIRC, 630 is the correct version but I'll check

Offline Poppy

• Major
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2023, 03:41:32 PM »
Thank you for the help!! :ThumbsUp:

Poppy

Offline Nigel

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2023, 11:27:27 PM »
So my working version is 6.1.1 but I dont know where the installer is. And you are correct, only 6.3.0 is available. Maybe Lightning will post a link to legacy versions...

Offline Nigel

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2023, 12:45:36 AM »
I found the installers. Here is every version I have,
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jlqt73av6ff1r8t/AADBPuzjXZFVIC5DivNFqJX0a?dl=0
Maybe you can put them in the "Uploads" thread.

Offline Nigel

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2023, 01:40:54 AM »
Lightning was kind enough to update this so there is a new version here. try it now. He explained to me that there are problems with Windows installers and some parts of BMS code. Post here if it doesnt work.

Offline lightning

• -=VP Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Software Guru Award: Awarded to those with special software skills Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts
    • Lightning's Tools GitHub repository
    • Awards

Offline Poppy

• Major
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2023, 11:35:03 AM »
Thank you very much guys! I really appreciate it! I will download and upload to this website downloads section during the weekend as soon as I can get to it! You guys are awesome!  :ThumbsUp:

Poppy

Offline Muddog

• Col.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2023, 02:56:39 PM »
I’ve been using it on Win 10.
As long as this is brought up and Lightning is on this post,
Does it work with win11?
I just built a new PC this week .
Mud

Offline lightning

• -=VP Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Software Guru Award: Awarded to those with special software skills Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts
    • Lightning's Tools GitHub repository
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2023, 05:17:58 PM »

Offline Poppy

• Major
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2023, 11:44:07 AM »
Ok guys,

I downloaded the last version of MFD Extractor (6_4_0), and for some reason I can't get it to run. I installed it, rebooted the pc , then started the program, tried to get the "options" screen to pop, but nothing, just crickets! I changed the properties to run as Administrator, and compatibility mode to Win8, and still nothing, tried to close the program, and nothing, it will only close if I end the task from the Windows Task Manager, I'm trying to run it under Win 10 64, any ideas? :brickwall:

Poppy

Offline Rufus

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2023, 02:05:37 PM »
You may want to try installing it in Vista Compatibility mode...don't really think that should make a diff, but it's only other thing I can think of... :reading: .
- Rufus

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal