* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 15
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Recent Topics/Posts

Hello from Canada by ChrispyBiscuit99
[April 30, 2024, 06:49:56 AM]

Author Topic: Building a Cockpit, new to forum  (Read 11830 times)

nighthawkf-117

Building a Cockpit, new to forum
« on: November 23, 2011, 12:14:15 PM »
Hey guys,
My name is Bill (callsign nighthawk). I have flown flightsims for a few years now and want somthing more realistic. I did some research and discoverd the cockpit sim community. I have been doing research for about a month about what is involved in building a cockpit and some techniques to do so. I desided to use Falcon 4.0 with BMS in my cockpit. I am just a high school student with a summer job and sports so i am going to try to get somthing fuctional by the time the snow melts. I have already started cutting out parts for the ACESII seat.
My cockpit will be made mostly of inexpensive wood and plexyglass to keep costs down. I will also use some fiberglass as i have experience molding remote control airplane fusalages. For starters all my switches will be controled by a keyboard mod. I wont have all the swithes functional but i want to keep it inexpensive, latter i will buy a controller. I am using a 10.4in LCD for the instruments in the center console. And LCDs for MFDs with cougar buttons. I need to find a cheaper alternitive to the cougar throttle and side stick if possible. Any one know of any?

Thanks for all the help you have already given me in these threads, i hope to be part of the comunity.
Nighthawk

Offline Ka-Bar03

• - Mike -
  • Administrator
  • General
  • VP Awards Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
Re: Building a Cockpit, new to forum
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011, 06:22:11 PM »
Bill, Try a saitek setup, they used to sell refurb units off their US website for 40 bucks

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal