* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 15
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Recent Topics/Posts

Hello from Canada by ChrispyBiscuit99
[April 30, 2024, 06:49:56 AM]

Author Topic: Greetings all - using X-Plane with F-16 cockpit sim  (Read 11886 times)

ClassicJetSims

Greetings all - using X-Plane with F-16 cockpit sim
« on: October 09, 2011, 01:03:46 AM »
Hi all, this is my first post here.  I've been doing some work for Flight Dynamix on their F-16 cockpit simulator.  Some info on that is here:
http://www.classicjetsims.com/F-16.html

I work on the software side of things so don't know too much about the hardware but maybe you'll find the project interesting.  We use X-Plane for the flight simulator since it has an excellent SDK and I've been programming in lots of combat and networking capabilities.  I wrote all of the HUD software which interfaces to the MFD displays which runs on other monitors in the cockpit.  We're also doing an F-35 cockpit simulator with our first customers being Australia and Turkey.  More info on that is also on my classicjetsims.com web site.

I've looked through some of the cockpits in various threads here and there are a lot of very impressive cockpits.  I'm hoping to build my own at some point if I can ever get some spare time.  I love aircraft of this era, the F-16, F-15, F-18, F-14 and the Russian counterparts, SU-27 and Mig-29.  They're so much more interesting than the new 5th gen jets.

A bit about me... I'm a software developer in the aerospace industry and have worked on weapon system interfaces, HUD systems for real aircraft, and I'm doing some contract work now for Flight Dynamix.  I'm a pilot as well and have several hours in the T-33 and one real fun flight in the CF-104 Starfighter, owned by Mark Sherman in Phoenix.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 01:06:31 AM by ClassicJetSims »

Offline Nikolas_A

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • VP Awards 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
Re: Greetings all - using X-Plane with F-16 cockpit sim
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2011, 03:26:06 AM »
Nice! I know many virtual squadrons use FSX for navigation training etc because of the better graphics compared to Falcon. The flight models are lacking though, and I was always thinking that X-Plane would be better suited for the job. Combat capabilities would be an added bonus.

Welcome to the forum and keep us posted...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal