* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 101
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Recent Topics/Posts

DCStoF4 (Standalone version) by SharkNoir
[March 17, 2024, 03:19:25 PM]

Author Topic: ICP callback for FLIR  (Read 3891 times)

Offline The_target

• Maj. General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
ICP callback for FLIR
« on: February 16, 2021, 04:38:28 PM »
Hello
In BMS the red overlay means that the control is not implemented.
On the ICP there is no red area but I can't figure out what are callbacks for the FLIR 3-Way switch (Gain, Level, Auto)  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Offline KK

• General
  • VP Awards Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts
    • Awards
Re: ICP callback for FLIR
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2021, 04:48:00 PM »
SimICPFLIRGain
SimICPFLIRLvl
SimICPFLIRAuto
Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Offline The_target

• Maj. General
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2021, 05:01:59 PM »
Gréât ! Thanks KK
But where did you get the info ?  :o

Offline Marvin

• General
  • Back at again after 10 years!
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Agoge Tactical Regimen
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2021, 12:06:01 AM »
That switch is not implemented in BMS, thus there wouldn’t be any callbacks for it.
" Where's the KABOOM! "

Windows 8.1 64 bit, Intel Core i7 - 5820K CPU (3.30GHz 6-cores, 15MB Cache, Overclocked up to 3.8 GHz w/ Turbo Boost), 32.0 GB Quad Channel DDR4 at 2133MHz, 128GB SSD 6Gb/s Main + 2TB 72

Offline KK

• General
  • VP Awards Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2021, 04:33:48 AM »
Gréât ! Thanks KK
But where did you get the info ?  :o

Yeah you are right, its really not in the keyfile. I quickly checked.
So what I did is, I already reserved this in my code to be equipped
for the day when the BMS developers are in the mood to implement this.
I had this strategy in the past and it greatly paid off with BMS 4.35
See Anti Ice and so on.

Offline The_target

• Maj. General
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2021, 05:09:13 AM »
This is also the way I code my stuff. But here this has quite an impact : with this 3 callbacks added ICP reports more than 32 DX buttons and my current code doesn't handle it.

Offline KK

• General
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2021, 01:53:57 PM »
No problem with PHCC. I can handle 1024 callbacks  8)

Offline Kukki

• Administrator
  • General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2021, 04:24:51 PM »
No problem with PHCC. I can handle 1024 callbacks  8)

yes but BMS only see 32 DX input per device.  Most devices can handle the 1024 inputs but the lomits per device is the OLD bms way.

I use vjoy, very easy to use and works super, only shit about dx devices is that they move around if you add or remove a device after you set all up. Like they just jump to different places, but you can limit this in the BMS devicesortinglist.txt (kind of, so ig you have a device you dont use everytime you fly/test, then make sure its in the list as the last one, like I dont always turn on my edtracker when I test fly or just testing, and if that device is in the middle of my other devices then everything jumps around and my programming wont work anymore, and when I connect it again and turn it on then all is OK) and I bet many of you have discovered that too.

Kukki

Offline Rufus

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2021, 08:57:10 PM »
What is that switch actually supposed to do in RL, anyway?.. :reading:
- Rufus

Offline Marvin

• General
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Agoge Tactical Regimen
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2021, 09:11:04 PM »
Good question for @Foghorn
" Where's the KABOOM! "

Windows 8.1 64 bit, Intel Core i7 - 5820K CPU (3.30GHz 6-cores, 15MB Cache, Overclocked up to 3.8 GHz w/ Turbo Boost), 32.0 GB Quad Channel DDR4 at 2133MHz, 128GB SSD 6Gb/s Main + 2TB 72

Offline Rufus

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2021, 12:24:01 AM »
...ok...so if Martin is steering us right (and I suspect he is) -

https://www.xflight.de/pe_org_par_cec_icp.htm

The GAIN/LVL/AUTO switch acts as a shift-key of sorts to control the action of the rocker switch directly above it.

GAIN - Rocker manually controls FLIR gain;

LVL - Rocker manually controls FLIR contrast;

AUTO - Automatically sets FLIR gain/contrast;

So if these callbacks are available, they should be assigned to the rocker switch based based on the setting for the toggle...so three shift key options?  I'll have to noodle on that... :notes: .
- Rufus

Offline Cupra

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • 1st VFW "Glory Wings"
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2021, 12:53:29 AM »
Those 3 can be found in the actual 4.35.0 key-Files:

SimSetWX 122 0 0xB5 1 0 0 1 "ICP: FLIR - WX Mode"
SimFlirLevelUp 122 0 0xC9 1 0 0 1 "ICP: FLIR Rocker - Level Up"
SimFlirLevelDown 122 0 0xD2 1 0 0 1 "ICP: FLIR Rocker - Level Down"

The Stuff @KK was posting for teh 3 position switch I could not find in any actual file  :reading:

Offline Rufus

• General
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2021, 02:41:02 PM »
So the only question I have now is if that all controls the FLIR in the HUD, or the FLIR in the FLIR (on the MFDs)?... :DOH: ...I'm tempted to think HUD.
- Rufus

Offline Foghorn

• Col.
  • Old F-16 Guy
  • VP Awards Triplet Award: Awarded after 3 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2021, 03:35:59 PM »
So the only question I have now is if that all controls the FLIR in the HUD, or the FLIR in the FLIR (on the MFDs)?... :DOH: ...I'm tempted to think HUD.

....  psssst  ......  HUD  ......

MFDs have their own...
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 04:26:53 PM by Foghorn »
FOGHORN

Offline Foghorn

• Col.
  • Old F-16 Guy
  • VP Awards Triplet Award: Awarded after 3 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2021, 04:18:02 PM »
What is that switch actually supposed to do in RL, anyway?.. :reading:

Short answer, those switches are defunct and do nothing in the jet.

Longer answer...  WAY Back in the early early days of the Block 40/42, there was this system called LANTIRN (Low Altitude Navigation and Targeting Infra-Red for Night), which consisted of a TFR and a TGP (also called a FLIR by really old dinosaurs... I can say that... I are one) hung in two separate pods on the "chin mounts" (aka stations 5L and 5R).  The TFR for terrain following radar, and the TGP/FLIR for vision.  The FLIR video was piped up into the Block 40/42 HUD, which was a different HUD than all the other blocks of F-16.  It was slightly wider in the combiner glasses, kinda oval shaped, and it could overlay the FLIR video directly onto the HUD, turning the HUD FOV into freakin' night vision.  Pretty cool stuff.

The ICP switches in question are the old HUD controls for that FLIR video being overlaid on the HUD combiner glass.

By the early 1990's, USAF figured out that extremely low level TFR at night was retarded.  Especially after we smashed a bunch of jets, killed a bunch of pilots and even a few civilians with middle of the night midair collisions.  Also, the nature of the SAM threat had advanced to the point where coming in "nap of the earth" really didn't provide you any protection from them anymore, so the risk down at that altitude at night wasn't worth it.  Ergo, the TFR side of LANTIRN was discontinued and removed, and the FLIR Pod was retained ONLY as the first generation TGP.

So yeah... those switches on the ICP are like the "GNDN" lines you see in the background of the sets of the Engineering sections on Star Trek... they stand for "Goes Nowhere, Does Nothing."

History Lesson complete.
FOGHORN

Offline Nomad

• Col.
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2021, 04:36:47 PM »
Good lesson thank you sir!
Bell206/407 EuroEC135/EC145/BK117/AS350B3E/B2
F16/P51/Cessna172/177/182/206/210/310

Offline The_target

• Maj. General
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2021, 04:52:07 PM »
Thanks for this detailed response
So I postpone my code improvement to report mode than 32 DxInput per device  :beer2:

Offline Marvin

• General
    • Agoge Tactical Regimen
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2021, 05:26:38 PM »
@Foghorn ,

Thanks again for the awesome information.
" Where's the KABOOM! "

Offline Cupra

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • 1st VFW "Glory Wings"
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2021, 06:26:05 PM »
So If you do not plan to build a Blk4x Viper (  :bat:  :brickwall: ) you have 6 additional switches for all the other stuff that is needed in a sim... and placed on the ICP I can't be much closer ;)

Offline Marvin

• General
    • Agoge Tactical Regimen
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2021, 07:18:55 AM »
So If you do not plan to build a Blk4x Viper (  :bat:  :brickwall: ) you have 6 additional switches for all the other stuff that is needed in a sim... and placed on the ICP I can't be much closer ;)

Well they are still modeller in BMS (the WX button and the FLIR rocker switch).  So depending on what block you fly you can put them to use.  It’s just and for whatever reason the toggle switch is not implemented.   So you would have that switch as a spare.
" Where's the KABOOM! "

Offline Rufus

• General
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2021, 02:38:24 PM »
One of the best things about building a cockpit is that we gain possibilities of implementing things in hardware that may not be directly implemented in BMS software - like direct control of our cockpit lighting...which is probably the simplest example, implemented in software or not.
- Rufus

Offline Nomad

• Col.
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2021, 03:51:58 PM »
I already set up my Gain/ Level toggle on the ICP for the NVG and Visor functions.
Bell206/407 EuroEC135/EC145/BK117/AS350B3E/B2
F16/P51/Cessna172/177/182/206/210/310

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal