* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 159
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Recent Topics/Posts

DCStoF4 (Standalone version) by SharkNoir
[March 17, 2024, 03:19:25 PM]

Author Topic: Nikolas "Charos" Anastasopoulos  (Read 14599 times)

Offline raptor

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • 16th Ark Angels
    • Awards
Re: Running the Athens Authentic Marathon
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2015, 12:15:50 PM »
Μπράβο ρε Νικόλα!  :thumbsup:

Offline Nikolas_A

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • VP Awards 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
Running the 14th Olympus Marathon
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2017, 04:40:20 AM »
Hello everybody, it's been a while...

Not much happening here on the pit building front. I did, however, realize a few life goals the last few months. I became a rock climbing instructor and got to run the 14th Olympus Marathon. Yes, that is a marathon race up and down the mythical Mountain of the Gods. When I first heard of it, many years ago I wondered how people did that. 44km, more than 3200m total uphill... Well, enough with the wondering, a couple of months ago I stood behind the start line, not as prepared physically as I would have liked, but mentally ready. A tough race I can tell you, on a very hot day too. I managed to finish, missing the 10:15 finish limit by 24minutes! That means I didn't get a finisher medal. Damn, I guess I'll have to race it again!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 04:53:36 AM by Nikolas_A »

Offline Moon

• General
  • VP Awards Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2017, 06:50:53 AM »
44km, more than 3200m total uphill :o

A huge effort Nikolas.  I can't imagine finishing it, let alone planning to race it again!

Offline Lightning101

• General
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Buy me a drink
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2017, 10:17:31 AM »
I don't know if I walked that in 2017...  :D :D Congratulation!

Offline Rufus

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2017, 04:06:09 PM »
... :hail: ... :hail: ... :hail: ...you've got me beat!
- Rufus

Offline Nikolas_A

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • VP Awards 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2018, 06:27:18 AM »
So, I did it again. A bit more prepared and with better (cooler) weather this time. I was aiming for the finish line limit (10hrs) and I would be happy with 9:59:59. However, I felt great throughout the race and ended up shaving almost two hours off my previous time, crossing the line at 8:42:46

Also, a report from my Easter vacation in Switzerland, where, among other staff, we bagged an ascent on Mt. Strahlhorn (4190m) with skis.

Offline Kukki

• Administrator
  • General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2018, 09:35:55 AM »
CONTRATS my friend, that is some achievement you have done there. SUPER COOL Pictures  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline Blaze

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2018, 12:01:34 PM »
What an awesome achievement,  well done!  :cheerleader:

Offline henkie

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Electronics Guru Award: Awarded to those with special electronics skills
    • Henk's Viperpit developments
    • Buy me a soda
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2018, 03:45:58 PM »
 :clap:  Nicolas
And quite an achievement to set a some much better time  :bounce2:
Will be tough to beat that next year  :cheerleader:

Offline salaxi54

• General
  • VP Awards Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Money Saver: Given to those that try to keep cost to a minimum Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2018, 12:01:31 AM »
Way to go Nikolas! Finding something that expresses you most, is great. Even more if it's healthy! Keep on running.   :thumbsup:

Offline Nikolas_A

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2019, 02:34:09 PM »
On the 3rd of March I run Pierra Creta for the second time. It's a biennial Ski Mountaineering race on the island of Crete, that has the distinction of being the southernmost skimo race in Europe. Actually,  Crete is in a lower latitude than part of Africa! On top of that, on a good day (like in the previous race) you can be skiing with clear views of the Aegean Sea to the north end the Libyan Sea to the south. Quite unique!

Unfortunately the weather this year wasn't so good on race day (it was fine the days before and after!) but I still enjoyed every bit of it!

You can see me on the middle-right of the pic with the red suit and 104 bib.

Offline Nikolas_A

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2019, 11:55:42 AM »
Hey guys, it looks like I will have more time for programming now... Tore my Achilles tendon.

Offline salaxi54

• General
  • VP Awards Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Money Saver: Given to those that try to keep cost to a minimum Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2019, 12:24:01 PM »
Wow mate, that must've hurt real bad. Get well soon!  Περαστικά!

Offline Nomad

• Col.
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2019, 01:44:23 PM »
Oh no! Get well soon.
Bell206/407 EuroEC135/EC145/BK117/AS350B3E/B2
F16/P51/Cessna172/177/182/206/210/310

Offline henkie

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Electronics Guru Award: Awarded to those with special electronics skills
    • Henk's Viperpit developments
    • Buy me a soda
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2019, 02:57:41 PM »
Speedy recovery @Nikolas_A
I am sure you will spend the time well in the mean time  :whistle:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal