DCStoF4 (Standalone version) by Jakkuh-15
[April 17, 2024, 09:36:07 AM]

Hello from the UK! by ChrispyBiscuit99
[April 09, 2024, 01:19:26 PM]

Hi! From Turkiye by Foghorn
[April 09, 2024, 12:24:23 PM]

Hello from Greece by Foghorn
[April 09, 2024, 12:24:06 PM]

Author Topic: Greetings, Norway signing in  (Read 5371 times)

Offline jjbravo

• General
  • Callsign: Vino
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts
    • Awards
Re: Greetings, Norway signing in
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2021, 04:15:42 PM »
String cut his canopy short, he uses the glass and he has no issues with the pivot. So I think you can go either way. I had to remove the back of mine because of constraints in the basement. I am looking to do the frame, but not the glass because of height issues.

Offline tiger-31

• General
  • VP Awards 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2021, 04:55:53 AM »
String cut his canopy short, he uses the glass and he has no issues with the pivot. So I think you can go either way. I had to remove the back of mine because of constraints in the basement. I am looking to do the frame, but not the glass because of height issues.

He moved the pivot point forward I noticed. Also he did add a small extension to the back of the sim. But it does look great. I wonder if and what he uses for projection. Also would short throw projectors be an option?

Offline jjbravo

• General
  • Callsign: Vino
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2021, 04:59:58 AM »
This is a short version of a canopy. The extension is just a rack to hold the computer, nothing to do with the Canopy I think. At the time I was there, he was using a TV, but I think he changed it. Don't think he's going projector though. Short throw would work, but it all depends on your room. This is also a real frame and glass, so it's pretty heavy. If I could get a frame, I would do the same, but without the glass.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
« Last Edit: September 02, 2021, 05:06:12 AM by jjbravo »

Offline Cupra

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • 1st VFW "Glory Wings"
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2021, 06:14:31 AM »
That looks really amazing :)  :clap:

I would be glad if I just would have the frame... or plans for it.

WIth the glass I do not feel very safe..  Because of its wheigt you can not just open it by hand. But what happens if you have any electic failure in the pit... some electic fire (with it extreme toxic gases) comes up and you mechanism for opening has gone... what kind of of emergency jettison is possible? I will not be the one guy who died in his pit becasue he was not able to get out of the gases within the needed seconds...  :'(

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal