Popeye's pit by popeye66
[June 15, 2018, 06:00:09 PM]

bms and Saitek - Flight Instrument Panel by Rufus
[June 09, 2018, 03:40:29 PM]

DCS F-16 announcement by Snowman
[June 09, 2018, 02:57:04 PM]

ACES II PARECHUTE CONTAINER (NEW/OLD MODEL) by Kukki
[June 03, 2018, 07:18:06 AM]

Author Topic: Albert's F-16 Block 52 pit  (Read 360188 times)

Offline AlbertJ

• Maj. General
  • VP Awards : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • Awards
Re: Albert's F-16 Block 52 pit
« Reply #780 on: March 12, 2017, 02:56:02 PM »

ICP mounted and fully functional now!

The last couple of days I did some work on the Backlighting, dimmer and some Backlight PCB's.
Special one was the Lighting panel. I mad a aluminium bracket to fit Henkie's Lighting dimmer conroller with heatsink behind the panel itself.

Some progress pics so far:

Backlighting PCB, with all the LED's, resistors and threaded inserts for panel mounting.
I have spray painted the whole panel black and soldered the SMD LED's and resistors after painting.

Aluminium bracket behind the Lighting panel to support the Lighting dimmer control

Pots and switches wired to the LDC

At the bottom of the LDC I will make a connector panel for the various outputs and inputs to the lighting panel and dimmer controller.

Offline tiger-31

• General
  • VP Awards : Triplet Award: Awarded after 3 years of community service : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #781 on: March 12, 2017, 03:14:21 PM »
Very nice, as usual.

Offline Kukki

• Administrator
  • General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Kukki?s F-16 website
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #782 on: March 12, 2017, 03:49:50 PM »
WOW , very very good work Albert  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Kukki - (Skype: kukki_22)

Offline Rufus

• General
  • VP Awards : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #783 on: March 12, 2017, 05:06:41 PM »
Very nice... :hail: !
- Rufus

Offline henkie

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Electronics Guru Award: Awarded to those with special electronics skills : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • Henk's Viperpit developments
    • Buy me a soda
    • Awards
« Reply #784 on: March 12, 2017, 05:31:59 PM »
Here are a few pictures of my version of LIGHTING with the prototype PCB.
Clearly @AlbertJ is the master in mechanical engineering   :clap:   :hail:

Offline Predator

• Col.
  • VP Awards : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #785 on: March 12, 2017, 06:06:28 PM »
Very very very nice work as usual!!! :thumbsup:

Offline AlbertJ

• Maj. General
  • VP Awards : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #786 on: June 12, 2018, 03:32:28 PM »
Finally after one year of absense I am back with a little update!

Last year I have worked on my house so there was no time for pitbuilding...  But as the most of my house is finished now I am back with updates every now and then  :lol:
The good part is that I now have a dedicated room for my pit in the house! I had a kind of pit room in my garage but the new room in the house is way better  :yihaw:

I have milled the connector panels which I put next to the left foot well (behind the cover panel. This connector panel is meant for the switch matrix, power distribution, analog & enconder inputs etc.

Still lots of solder work to do!

I have also modified the TWP lenses for the Jay-el pushbuttons. I have used Mikes lenses and engraved the white lettering onto the front of the lens. After engraving I filled the engraved lettering with white paint and gave them a matte clear coat.

Mounting frame for the X-keys boards and the Matrix/analog/encoder boards:

Offline henkie

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Electronics Guru Award: Awarded to those with special electronics skills : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • Henk's Viperpit developments
    • Buy me a soda
    • Awards
« Reply #787 on: June 12, 2018, 03:41:16 PM »
wow Albert,
it is clear that working on the house gave you "appetite" to start working on your pit at a high standard  :thumbsup:
During the past year you probably did a lot of work "in your head", and that will now start to materialize ... I really like the wiring so far, and it is done so clean  :clap:
Needless to say that the TWP is looking great as well  :hail:
I hope to see more updates (and more frequently  :whistle: )

Offline Focaldesign

• General
  • VP Awards : King for a Day Award: Awarded for an exemplar contribution to the community : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Buy me a drink
    • Awards
« Reply #788 on: June 12, 2018, 04:32:54 PM »
That looks mighty clean mate!

Offline Raven

• Col.
  • VP Awards : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #789 on: June 12, 2018, 05:29:49 PM »
That's really nice work Albert and I agree with Henk that your wiring is nice and clean.

I'm going to "borrow" your idea for the mounting frame for the boards for mounting my Arduino's and matrix boards. Simple and clean.

Offline Rufus

• General
  • VP Awards : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #790 on: June 12, 2018, 08:40:24 PM »
Very nice, clean installations, Albert... :thumbsup: !
- Rufus

Offline Blaze

• Brig.General
    • Awards
« Reply #791 on: June 12, 2018, 10:37:41 PM »
LOVE IT!  Good work brother Albert. :cheerleader:

Blaze

Offline Marvin

• General
  • Back at again after 10 years!
    • Agoge Tactical Regimen
    • Awards
« Reply #792 on: June 12, 2018, 11:22:01 PM »
Absolutely Superb!
" Where's the KABOOM! "

Windows 8.1 64 bit, Intel Core i7 - 5820K CPU (3.30GHz 6-cores, 15MB Cache, Overclocked up to 3.8 GHz w/ Turbo Boost), 32.0 GB Quad Channel DDR4 at 2133MHz, 128GB SSD 6Gb/s Main + 2TB 72

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #793 on: June 13, 2018, 05:17:20 AM »
I can only imagine the Quality work you did in your house for a year !!. It must be awesome

Have a bandit day
Red Dog

Offline JCook

• General
  • Callsign: "Anger"
  • VP Awards : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
« Reply #794 on: June 13, 2018, 12:05:15 PM »
Very nice work.
Takeoffs are optional...landings are mandatory