Henkie's pit by kobi
[July 26, 2015, 03:44:55 PM]

Faan's pit by mrwell
[July 26, 2015, 12:50:34 PM]

Rednecks 3D printed ICP project by tiger-31
[July 25, 2015, 02:14:39 PM]

Kukki´s Pit v.5.0 by MailMan
[July 25, 2015, 08:44:50 AM]

Author Topic: MailMan's Pit  (Read 31476 times)

Offline henkie

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Electronics Guru Award: Awarded to those with special electronics skills : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • Henk's Viperpit developments
    • Awards
Re: MailMan's Pit
« Reply #255 on: July 24, 2015, 02:42:51 PM »
nice pictures  :thumbsup:  And even nicer setup  :clap:
An example for many new starters.
A clean (re)install takes time, but otoh, all is fresh, tidy and speedy again  :whistle:

- Henk

Offline MailMan

• Brig.General
  • VP Awards : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • 20th VFW
    • Awards
« Reply #256 on: July 24, 2015, 02:46:44 PM »
What happened was my SSD crashed and so far unrecoverable  :(  So I am currently reinstalling on one of my HDD's.  I was just about ready to paint it and start flying.  I have to go through and reprogram everything, because it is all lost.  I was going to back everything up once I had it perfect, but was too late.

Offline Kukki

• Administrator
  • General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
  • VP Awards : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • Kukki?s F-16 website
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #257 on: July 25, 2015, 02:30:01 AM »
Mailman there is SO much work on programming a pit like that so I suggest you start using some disk image/clone program.
I use Acronis and its very very good and easy, and I think you can get one pc licens for under 40usd.

I have two of the same sim SSD and I 2 times or when big changes on the system, I take a disk clone, and once per. month im in the pit it takes 5 min to take a disk image of my system.

That way I have ASAP an image if something fucks up and I can get individual files or roll back the last image or I can boot up and the that latest image installed within 15 min, and if the SSD chrash I have the other SSD with my Clone on.

And for the price of an extra SSD today compared to all the work, I for sure know what I want.

Just an advice, or big bous CRY when they loose everything.

And if have to remember its not IF youe HDD/SSD chrash its WHEN  :thumbsup:
Kukki - (Skype: kukki_22)
872nd Fighter Squadron Scandinavia
87th Stray Dogs VFW

Offline MailMan

• Brig.General
    • 20th VFW
    • Awards
« Reply #258 on: July 25, 2015, 08:41:55 AM »
Is the Create Image option in Win 7 not sufficient?  I was going to use it, I just hadn't finalized everything yet.

Offline Kukki

• Administrator
  • General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
  • VP Awards : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • Kukki?s F-16 website
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #259 on: July 25, 2015, 08:49:10 AM »
Is the Create Image option in Win 7 not sufficient?  I was going to use it, I just hadn't finalized everything yet.

I have never used that, so I dont know.

Kukki - (Skype: kukki_22)
872nd Fighter Squadron Scandinavia
87th Stray Dogs VFW

Offline Rufus

• General
  • VP Awards : 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts : Triplet Award: Awarded after 3 years of community service : Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #260 on: July 25, 2015, 03:31:48 PM »
That is one of the problems creating a total backup or replacement disk with Win...Micro$$$ tracks your install by hardware ID/serial number (both MOBO and drive) for licensing purposes, so it's not as simple as just cloning your whole disk and expecting things to work - it can be done, but as I've never done it I'm not sure just how to do it.

I'm going to have to learn though, because I may want to move at least one of my Win installs between computers at some point.  Not to mention that as you've found, if and when an SSD goes it's GONE.  Which I think will/can also complicate portability in some manner.

I've been having good performance running Win 7 and BMS from a 7200 RPM spinning drive on my 4 core i7 Mac Mini in comparison to a second install I have on an SSD, and I'm starting to re-think using SSDs for these above reasons...I may try something with a 10,000 RPM HD or just stick with a traditional 7200 RPM spinner once my pit is actually up and operating and place more emphasis on the number of cores and amount of RAM in my core computer.
- Rufus

Offline MailMan

• Brig.General
    • 20th VFW
    • Awards
« Reply #261 on: July 26, 2015, 06:25:15 PM »
Well, I got my SSD working.  Not sure what happened, but I have windows installed and it boots up fine.  Of course I still lost everything.  The bad news is, my Cougar is tits up.  It was working very sluggish and then BMS would not allow everything to work.  So, I went to reinstall it when I had to reinstall on another hard drive and now windows won't find it.  I have tired everything.  I even tried to install in on a different PC.  I am at a loss.  It's a Cougar with the FCC3 Mod and Throttle Mod.  A lot of money to throw away unless someone knows what to do.  And before anyone asks, yes, yes and yes.  I am using the correct drivers and so on.  I have done this a million times without this issue.  When I install the software and it tells you to plug it in, it does not find it.  So a fix would be nice if someone knows one.

Offline mrwell

• General
    • Awards
« Reply #262 on: July 27, 2015, 03:09:54 AM »
Mailman, reflashit.
To do that, without drivers installed and without throttle nor rudder plugged in the stick base, start windows and, when done, WHILE HOLDING THE TRIGGER PUSHED plug the Cougar USB (I use second detent for that, to the far end) and hold it aFOR ABOUT 20 SECONDS. Then, release it. If it doesn't wake up and begin to ask for drivers, you'd have a problem with its PCB.
Good luck!

Offline 87th Blade

• Col.
  • Air Assault
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #263 on: July 27, 2015, 08:02:21 AM »
That solution worked for me too in the past so it should do the trick...
C/S "BLADE"
87th VFW "Stray Dogs"