• Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Recent Topics/Posts

NEWS - DTU FULL + TOP FOR SALE NOW by henkie
[May 23, 2019, 07:10:29 AM]

Flight Sim arrest!!!!! Heads up!!!! by Rufus
[May 21, 2019, 11:03:18 PM]

Author Topic: Flight Sim arrest!!!!! Heads up!!!!  (Read 629 times)

Offline Boomer

• LT. General
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h239/jimhinkle/boomer/bb1.jpg
    • Buy me a drink
    • Awards
Democracy is two wolves voting on what's for dinner, Liberty is a well armed sheep contesting the vote.

Offline Marvin

• General
  • Back at again after 10 years!
  • VP Awards : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Agoge Tactical Regimen
    • Awards
Re: Flight Sim arrest!!!!! Heads up!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2019, 10:53:56 PM »
I guess that will delay their F-16 release?    :lolsign:
" Where's the KABOOM! "

Windows 8.1 64 bit, Intel Core i7 - 5820K CPU (3.30GHz 6-cores, 15MB Cache, Overclocked up to 3.8 GHz w/ Turbo Boost), 32.0 GB Quad Channel DDR4 at 2133MHz, 128GB SSD 6Gb/s Main + 2TB 72

Offline Boomer

• LT. General
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h239/jimhinkle/boomer/bb1.jpg
    • Buy me a drink
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2019, 03:55:27 PM »
I hope not, but it doesn't look good.
Democracy is two wolves voting on what's for dinner, Liberty is a well armed sheep contesting the vote.

Offline sagrzmnky

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2019, 04:07:05 PM »
I guess that will delay their F-16 release?    :lolsign:
If the guy was being honest...
Phillip "Grease Monkey" Clark

My build thread
http://www.viperpits.org/smf/index.php?topic=6942.0
 Pokeys, x-key

Offline sagrzmnky

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
Phillip "Grease Monkey" Clark

My build thread
http://www.viperpits.org/smf/index.php?topic=6942.0
 Pokeys, x-key

Offline Marvin

• General
  • VP Awards : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Agoge Tactical Regimen
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2019, 11:04:16 PM »
I wouldn’t put this past as a stunt to promote their upcoming sim. Lol
" Where's the KABOOM! "

Windows 8.1 64 bit, Intel Core i7 - 5820K CPU (3.30GHz 6-cores, 15MB Cache, Overclocked up to 3.8 GHz w/ Turbo Boost), 32.0 GB Quad Channel DDR4 at 2133MHz, 128GB SSD 6Gb/s Main + 2TB 72

Offline Rufus

• General
  • VP Awards : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2019, 02:49:54 PM »
...what I'm more concerned about is what could happen to people that have DCS-ware on their machines if anything does actually come of this.  Which it most certainly could...
- Rufus

Offline Marvin

• General
    • Agoge Tactical Regimen
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2019, 02:59:51 PM »
...what I'm more concerned about is what could happen to people that have DCS-ware on their machines if anything does actually come of this.  Which it most certainly could...

Sounds like typical America paranoia??   What are you worried about?   The FBI knocking on the door of every DCS user?   :harhar:
" Where's the KABOOM! "

Offline Cupra

• General
  • VP Awards : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • 1st VFW "Glory Wings"
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2019, 04:41:49 PM »
If those DCS User own classified documents of F-16, F-22 and F-35 and are in contact with a few people in countries that should not have them and is going to sell them or bring them aboard maybe you can get problems.. all others.. I don´t think so :D  But with US you never know… they think they rule the world and all others have to do what ever they want. But we learned to deal with it. No reason to be worried if you install DCS  :wacko: Or you get you alu foil hat right now  :DOH:  :harhar:

Offline Rufus

• General
  • VP Awards : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2019, 08:18:27 PM »
Sounds like typical America paranoia??   What are you worried about?   The FBI knocking on the door of every DCS user?   :harhar:   

Yes, actually...for starters.  And it's not a matter of classified or not - it's a matter of export control (and a number of other regulations - both US and International), which is actually a very complicated subject and can vary from country to country.  I have a feeling this is going to go a bit farther down the rabbit hole than we'd think it might.
- Rufus

Offline Marvin

• General
    • Agoge Tactical Regimen
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2019, 02:16:24 AM »

Yes, actually...for starters.  And it's not a matter of classified or not - it's a matter of export control (and a number of other regulations - both US and International), which is actually a very complicated subject and can vary from country to country.  I have a feeling this is going to go a bit farther down the rabbit hole than we'd think it might.

I don't think so.  First off people get more scared of export restriction laws than they need to be.  In my experience dealing with Night Vision and export restriction laws they tend to worry about companies following exporting rather than the end user.  For example an end user can easily export night vision through ebay or private sale etc without ever having to worry about it.  However, companies such as TNVC are closely monitored and would probably suffer a heavy fine if they ever exported without proper documentation and authorization.  I mean the same goes for all these F-16 parts I have at home.  Some guys flat out refuse to export outside of the USA due to export restriction laws where as others have no issue doing it.  I got a whole cockpit across the border with no issues.  I also have one supplier that refuses and ships them to a buddy of mine in ND and I drive down and bring them across the border myself and I declare them as F-16 aircraft parts and have zero issues doing so.  Again, I think its a matter of a company doing this rather than the end user.

In this matter, perhaps they are a little more concerned as he represents a software company and going to russia, who knows?? Either way in end all I am writing is I am not worrying about DCS or BMS or any of the aircraft manuals I have on my hard drive.  :beer2:
" Where's the KABOOM! "

Offline Viper-UK

• Major
  • Spending to much money.......
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2019, 04:24:08 AM »

In this matter, perhaps they are a little more concerned as he represents a software company and going to russia, who knows?? Either way in end all I am writing is I am not worrying about DCS or BMS or any of the aircraft manuals I have on my hard drive.  :beer2:

And these were the last words here of Marvin , never to be seen again....   :lol: :biggrin: :D
(They came knocking  :D)

Offline Marvin

• General
    • Agoge Tactical Regimen
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2019, 04:33:17 AM »
At least there would be a good auction with all my stuff! 
" Where's the KABOOM! "

Offline John Fredrik

• Brig.General
  • VP Awards : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2019, 08:07:30 AM »
At least there would be a good auction with all my stuff!

I'll buy the lot and export it to Norway.. :whistle:
Best Regards
John Fredrik

Offline Rufus

• General
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2019, 11:03:18 PM »

I don't think so.  First off people get more scared of export restriction laws than they need to be.  In my experience dealing with Night Vision and export restriction laws they tend to worry about companies following exporting rather than the end user.  For example an end user can easily export night vision through ebay or private sale etc without ever having to worry about it.  However, companies such as TNVC are closely monitored and would probably suffer a heavy fine if they ever exported without proper documentation and authorization.  I mean the same goes for all these F-16 parts I have at home.  Some guys flat out refuse to export outside of the USA due to export restriction laws where as others have no issue doing it.  I got a whole cockpit across the border with no issues.  I also have one supplier that refuses and ships them to a buddy of mine in ND and I drive down and bring them across the border myself and I declare them as F-16 aircraft parts and have zero issues doing so.  Again, I think its a matter of a company doing this rather than the end user.

It actually depends very narrowly on the what, the whom (yeah - much more so in this case), and sometimes treaty...anyway, I just completed my annual training on the subject, so my hackles are probably up.  I think I'll keep them there.
- Rufus