* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 6
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Recent Topics/Posts

DTC GROUP BUY SIGNUP by Marvin
[June 17, 2019, 09:37:57 AM]

Author Topic: ICP from Realsimworld  (Read 4197 times)

Offline KK

• General
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts
    • Awards
Re: ICP from Realsimworld
« Reply #60 on: June 07, 2019, 08:03:36 AM »
just curious, who makes yours, is it SDI or maybe Photo-Etch?

My NVG is made by SUNDIAL and my white light is from SDI (a Woman-owned small business)  8)

Offline henkie

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Electronics Guru Award: Awarded to those with special electronics skills : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • Henk's Viperpit developments
    • Buy me a soda
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: June 08, 2019, 10:43:16 AM »
I received the ICP from RSW last week.
I just had a short peek out of curiosity (need to finish a new kitchen first), but that short peek was enough to be impressed by the quality, the looks, and everything  :hail:
Fantastic product, love it  :clap:

Never before got an item in such a professional package  :cheerleader:

Offline Rufus

• General
  • VP Awards : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: June 08, 2019, 01:52:27 PM »
...heh...you beat me... :brickwall: ...I got mine last week too... :yihaw:

I already had a backplate, so I have to drill some holes - I'll be detailing that in my build thread for others that are in the same sitch, but yeah - this thing is TOP flight... :thumbsup: !

The driver software is quite the ticket too...
- Rufus

Offline henkie

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Electronics Guru Award: Awarded to those with special electronics skills : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • Henk's Viperpit developments
    • Buy me a soda
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: June 08, 2019, 02:29:28 PM »
In an email, I received from Alex the assembly/disassembly instruction manual.
It is just two sides (one leaf of paper  :D), and I have read it ... Because I have the 2 switches and the 4-way switch, I ordered the ICP without the switches.
To install the switches you have to do an almost complete disassembly, mount the switches and assemble everything ... making me wish I had bought the ICP *with* the switches installed  :whistle:

So, if you are still thinking of buying the ICP, I strongly suggest to buy *everything*, because then this really fantastic ICP is truely Plug&Play in your pit !!!
 :vprules:

Offline Rufus

• General
  • VP Awards : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: June 08, 2019, 04:56:44 PM »
Yes - I got the same e-mail from Alex and it's going to be very helpful.  I'm sure that when I bought my backplates that this ICP was just a dream, so I have to drill as well as otherwise assemble it - it looks pretty easy to dis-assemble and put back together, it's drilling the backplate that will require some skilz...which is why Henkie beat me to the publishers!  I already had the toggles, so I only needed the kit minus backplate and toggles.

BTW: Kukki's backplates will also fit to Mike's ICP panel if you have one of those and are semi-rolling your own...I started out that way but my backplate for it had/has it's thumb wheel mounts broken, so I bought Kukki's as a hopeful replacement.  Which will also allow using Kukki's thumb wheels, if you're down the track to rolling your own.

I haven't checked to see how Kukki's thumb wheels might fit to Mike's backplate, but I have a feeling they will.  And Mike's backplate will also fit to Kukki's HUD.
- Rufus

Offline jjbravo

• Col.
  • Spend most of my time in the basement anyway...
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: June 12, 2019, 02:41:43 PM »
I just got mine and I bought the switches as well.
Everything was assembled and looks amazing!!!

Thanks Realworldsim, this is awesome.

Offline Marvin

• General
  • Back at again after 10 years!
  • VP Awards : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Agoge Tactical Regimen
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: June 13, 2019, 12:57:38 AM »
Wow that is really nice!!   
" Where's the KABOOM! "

Windows 8.1 64 bit, Intel Core i7 - 5820K CPU (3.30GHz 6-cores, 15MB Cache, Overclocked up to 3.8 GHz w/ Turbo Boost), 32.0 GB Quad Channel DDR4 at 2133MHz, 128GB SSD 6Gb/s Main + 2TB 72

Offline Biggles

• General
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Buy me a drink
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: June 13, 2019, 05:51:00 PM »
Really nice looking piece of hardware.

I would like to make one critical note though.
Wouldn't it look way better using waxed nylon lacing cord instead of those big lumpy tie wraps ?

It all looks professional at high level, just to be finished with this low level big chunky wraps.

Just my 2 cents.

Biggles.

Offline Marvin

• General
  • Back at again after 10 years!
  • VP Awards : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Agoge Tactical Regimen
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: June 13, 2019, 08:54:40 PM »
Really nice looking piece of hardware.

I would like to make one critical note though.
Wouldn't it look way better using waxed nylon lacing cord instead of those big lumpy tie wraps ?

It all looks professional at high level, just to be finished with this low level big chunky wraps.

Just my 2 cents.

Biggles.

I’m thinking no one is going to see the back once it’s installed in the pit?  ;)
" Where's the KABOOM! "

Windows 8.1 64 bit, Intel Core i7 - 5820K CPU (3.30GHz 6-cores, 15MB Cache, Overclocked up to 3.8 GHz w/ Turbo Boost), 32.0 GB Quad Channel DDR4 at 2133MHz, 128GB SSD 6Gb/s Main + 2TB 72