• Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Recent Topics/Posts

Mobile Device can't access Viperpits? by Nikolas_A
[January 17, 2019, 11:11:03 AM]

NEWS - ATD Now up for sale. by raptor
[January 12, 2019, 10:04:25 PM]

Author Topic: KNOB´s for the Sim  (Read 2196 times)

Offline KK

• General
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build
    • Awards
Re: KNOB´s for the Sim
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2018, 04:48:03 AM »
CMDS knobs are on the website with 1/8 holes

I agree with that one. I have an original Korry knob for my panel pictured above
and the little knobs are definitely 1/8 inch axes diameter.

Offline Willy

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Bronze Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement
    • http://www.employees.org/~bwilliam
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2018, 02:58:52 PM »
Small knobs is for small shaft and big knobs is for big knobs

All our knobs have the same diameter inserts for shaft as the
Real knobs have

CMDS knobs are on the website with 1/8 holes
  • I think you should consider updating your web site to be clear about exactly what the shafts sizes are for each knobs kit.  In this case both CMDS knobs are 1/8" shaft.

• Having said that I really think you need to offer CMDS knobs in 1/4" shaft sizes as an option. 

Virtually NONE of the 1/8" rotary switches that are readily available to us have 1/8" shaft lengths that are long enough to be used with a standard thickness (.24") Light Plate.  That is especially true if the LP doesn't have recesses cut into the front which is the case for the CMDS PRGM switch.  (I'm not even sure that the recess in the CMDS LP for the MODE switch makes the use of Off-the-Shelf 1/8" shaft rotaries possible.)

On the other hand if I'm wrong about this, will someone please publish the part # of the 1/8" shaft, CMDS MODE and PRGM switches that can be purchased from Mouser, DigiKey, Allied (or other) at a reasonable cost.  In my mind, that is less than $40.  We can get such switches in 1/4" shafts that are long enough.

Kukki, I know the CMDS knobs are quite small in diameter which may make 1/4" shaft inserts difficult.  However, would you check to see if it is even possible for you to make 1/4" Shaft CMDS knobs?  If you can, I think that will help folks to build CMDS panels much easier using 1/4" shaft switches.
Beau "Willy" Williamson

I better go find my monkey!

Offline Kukki

• Administrator
  • General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • Kukki?s F-16 website
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2018, 01:21:19 AM »
I will chk Willy but to be honest the i think the metal insert is to big
You can make a 1/4 to 1/8 in a small lathe
And in sure ther is a fix wr can nake

And i think not a 1/4 shaft will go through the real cmds lightplate

We will look into this

But as a roule we make it as vlose to the real
But if it will not work we find a solution

Kukki

Update if the shop ungo well also come for each know
But im busy this week
Kukki - (Skype: kukki_22)

Offline gancio

• -=VP Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2018, 02:25:14 AM »
@ Willy, I use this for small body and small shaft when needed, I’ve also buyed in the past 36 and 45 deg from same serie. Small body allow me to place them through AIC backplate in UHF panel. Who work with replicas panel have to find solutions most of the time and this GrayHill rotary are perfect.
https://www.mouser.it/ProductDetail/Grayhill/56SD30-01-1-AJS/?qs=%2fha2pyFaduhq%2fTR9k32qoUJEhhYfsdL7JXPjDcj3WFX1n4sJeA0dSg==
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 02:55:06 AM by gancio »

Offline Blacknight

• 1st.LT
  • Fais de ta vie un rêve et de tes rêves une réalité
  • VP Awards : Triplet Award: Awarded after 3 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2018, 03:40:10 PM »
According with willy, could you make the full list of wich knobs are 1/8" and wich are 1/4" ? Because on website this information is lack making confusion ! Without this info it’s hazardous to ordre rotary switch...

It should be really Nice to précise on thé webshop this info for each knobs.

Thanks in advence for thé answer !

Offline Kukki

• Administrator
  • General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • Kukki?s F-16 website
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2018, 12:56:41 PM »
According with willy, could you make the full list of wich knobs are 1/8" and wich are 1/4" ? Because on website this information is lack making confusion ! Without this info it’s hazardous to ordre rotary switch...

Will do thatvwhen I get back from holiday
Kukki - (Skype: kukki_22)

Offline Blacknight

• 1st.LT
  • Fais de ta vie un rêve et de tes rêves une réalité
  • VP Awards : Triplet Award: Awarded after 3 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2018, 01:19:36 PM »

Will do thatvwhen I get back from holiday

thanks! :) Does screws come with knobs? If not, wich zise is needed ?