* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 9
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

* Recent Topics/Posts

Falcon BMS 4.34 trailer by jjbravo
[April 19, 2019, 01:35:39 PM]

Author Topic: NEWS - ATD Now up for sale.  (Read 3566 times)

Offline raptor

• General
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • 16th Ark Angels
    • Awards
Re: NEWS - ATD Now up for sale.
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2019, 10:04:25 PM »
From my cockpit arrangements. :-)

Offline Venom

• General
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2019, 03:12:46 PM »
Got ATD installed and operational and.....loving it.

who can recommend a simple dimming solution for the back lite buttons?

I tried one of these but didn't work:    https://www.amazon.com/RioRand-RR-PWM-15V-Voltage-Motor-Controller/dp/B00N30UK2M/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_1?keywords=riorand+5+volt+led+dimmer&qid=1554145888&s=gateway&sr=8-1-fkmr1

Thanks

Offline Catcher

• Live fearless Live free
  • -=VP Donor=-
  • General
  • Semper WiFi
  • VP Awards : Bronze Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2019, 05:22:07 PM »
Picture please,  8)

Offline Romanski

• Administrator
  • General
  • www.31st.nl
  • VP Awards : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : King for a Day Award: Awarded for an exemplar contribution to the community : Software Guru Award: Awarded to those with special software skills : Electronics Guru Award: Awarded to those with special electronics skills : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2019, 07:26:32 AM »
Got ATD installed and operational and.....loving it.

who can recommend a simple dimming solution for the back lite buttons?

I tried one of these but didn't work:    https://www.amazon.com/RioRand-RR-PWM-15V-Voltage-Motor-Controller/dp/B00N30UK2M/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_1?keywords=riorand+5+volt+led+dimmer&qid=1554145888&s=gateway&sr=8-1-fkmr1

Thanks

Did you try using the software provided by Realsimworld? There is there a dimming solution. Or is that not enough?

Cheers,
Romanski
"...Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die!
Won't you run, live to fly, fly to live, Aces high!"

Offline Kukki

• Administrator
  • General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • Kukki?s F-16 website
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2019, 10:37:54 AM »
For the Dimming of the ATD.

There is some solutions.

1. there is already in the software a solution so you can dim the ATD vis the BMS sherred memory, when the next version of BMS comes. That meen that if you turn up/down on the Primery INST PNL knob the ATD dimm/bright will follow the BMS cockpit dimming (that is to be done with your mouse on the 3D screen in the cockpit)

2. You can use the USB and then you can use the ATD sw to set a fixed brightness, but not dimm/bright.

3. you can use a external 5VDC psu that can control the voltage from 0 - 5,2V max and use that for external dimming

4. you can use a external 5VAC psu but then you will need a little ac/dc converter we are building to dimm/bright the ATD  (goes for those there have the real 5VAC system in there pit)  we can dimm/bright direct the ATD with 5VAC but it will not dimm all the way to 0 bright.

Kukki
Kukki - (Skype: kukki_22)

Offline Venom

• General
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2019, 11:09:24 AM »
« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 12:21:58 PM by Venom »

Offline Venom

• General
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2019, 12:42:22 PM »

There is some solutions.

1. there is already in the software a solution so you can dim the ATD vis the BMS sherred memory, when the next version of BMS comes. That meen that if you turn up/down on the Primery INST PNL knob the ATD dimm/bright will follow the BMS cockpit dimming (that is to be done with your mouse on the 3D screen in the cockpit)

Kukki

I have the next version of BMS and this is not working for me. 
I would be happy to have two brightness settings, bright for daytime, dimmer for nighttime.

2. You can use the USB and then you can use the ATD sw to set a fixed brightness, but not dimm/bright.
This works fine but, limited to one setting as designed.

3. you can use a external 5VDC psu that can control the voltage from 0 - 5,2V max and use that for external dimming
I do have an external 5vdc psu and I tried using that little controller that I linked, it does regulate the voltage but, doesn't dim the lights.  Probably because that controller is not suitable. ??

Offline Kukki

• Administrator
  • General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • Kukki?s F-16 website
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2019, 12:47:12 PM »
To use external psu for dimming you have to go into the atd sw and connect to the atd and select external power for dimming

Btw that picture looks super great 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
Kukki - (Skype: kukki_22)

Offline Venom

• General
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2019, 03:37:00 PM »
To use external psu for dimming you have to go into the atd sw and connect to the atd and select external power for dimming

I have done that but, without success.
That's why I thought my dimmer hardware was not correct..

Btw that picture looks super great 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

I love it!!  Thanks.