COUGAR METAL TAILPART ANGLED by Marvin
[July 17, 2018, 04:13:30 PM]

SHIPPING COSTS FROM CHINA by Kukki
[July 14, 2018, 05:30:06 PM]

ACES II DATA RECORDER BOX by MadDoc
[July 12, 2018, 07:31:35 AM]

ACES II - SEATPAN by Kukki
[July 12, 2018, 05:46:07 AM]

Author Topic: SHIPPING COSTS FROM CHINA  (Read 294 times)

Offline Kukki

• Administrator
  • General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • Kukki?s F-16 website
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
SHIPPING COSTS FROM CHINA
« on: July 13, 2018, 05:58:18 PM »
Gents we are aware the shipping cost from China is expensive, and we are working on a cheaper solution.

Right now we have asked 5 big companies (ups, dhl, tnt, fedex, depon) and they are almost the same, its a compromise of shipping time and trust here.

We will talk with the nationale China post office, they are not good and they are slow, but more cheap.

So if you can wait +30 days on your package and there might be no tracking ect.   then we will go with the cheap solution.

All your own tax and vat roules still counts in your own country, nothing we can do there, but we can put a lower valuer on the package, that is up to you and your own risk.

Lets see what prices we can get.

And yes I also think those shipping companies are ripping us of. 

Fx. I tested one package from China to me 90 Euro,  the exact same package from me to the same address in china 60% more expensive with the same company.  :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

We will try all we can.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 06:15:21 PM by Kukki »
Kukki - (Skype: kukki_22)

Offline henkie

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Electronics Guru Award: Awarded to those with special electronics skills : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • Henk's Viperpit developments
    • Buy me a soda
    • Awards
Re: SHIPPING COSTS FROM CHINA
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2018, 03:55:18 AM »
FWIW ... I would pay more for reliable shipping with a well-known shipper like DHL or FedEx. The swwetness of low shipping cost is by longe forgotten if the valuable package gets "lost" ...  :digger:

I was *very* pleased to receive the ACES II rails within a week! No cheap shipping cost can make up for that if that would mean waiting for 4-6 weeks (hoping the package does not get lost).
Just my 2c  :fineprint:

Offline Seeky

• 2nd. LT
  • Keep calm and fox 3 long
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2018, 07:48:11 AM »
I would perhaps agree in a general sense if, during the past 15 years, I didn't have more shipping horror stories with "reputable" companies than I had with more questionable ones (e.g. China EMS).
Sadly, in my experience, any shipping service is only as reliable as the final delivery man/local office, and for any given company that varies a lot from place to place (especially since many of them subcontract deliveries to underpaid, not-my-fucking-job drivers). And sadly again, here where I live my UPS/FedEx/DHL/whatever delivery men tend to be...not there.
So in my opinion, the choice should be left to the buyer as to which kind of service he would like to get, but I understand that is not necessarily as easy as it seems to be for Kurt to organize ;)
Moreover, we should consider group shipping more often, here in Europe it would be definitely worth a try and I think that could also be said of the US :D

Offline Kukki

• Administrator
  • General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • Kukki?s F-16 website
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2018, 08:06:16 AM »
Thanks to the input gents.

What I can offer here in Denmark and for the EU customers, it to take stock home for EU customers, But you know all the will be shipping to me in a big box, not problem there I just devide the shipping cost out on all the parts + you all know the EU TAX and VAT, nad here in DK I have to pay import vat of 25% + 17% inport tax + 35 Euro for tax/vat handling fee.

Then there will be extra shipping cost on the package to the EU customer, so all in all I think its going to way more expensive.

one thing is if someone from the same country buy parts from me, they could proberly same some by getting the stuff shipped together, and again there will then be extra shipping cost inside that country, so I really dont know.

But im willing to ship with the national Chineese post office, but its on your own risk and the time to recive the parts I cant gurentee, and I dont know if they offer insurance

My 2 cents

NB. we have a meeting with the head of the shipping company next week to see if we can get better prices.

Also youneed to know its not only shippingcosts, we need to buy boxes and bubblewrap and tape ect.  so there is some expences here also.

Offline avn-tech

• Maj. General
  • VP Awards : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement
    • Aviation, Military & Police Movie Props
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2018, 11:55:30 AM »
I have been buying things from china, sent through the regular post and have had no problem. Normal post to the U.S. is about three weeks (so better then canadian post). All my parts have been small items, so things may be different with larger items.

Laterrrrrr
Avn-Tech

Offline Kukki

• Administrator
  • General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
    • Kukki?s F-16 website
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2018, 05:30:06 PM »
I have been buying things from china, sent through the regular post and have had no problem. Normal post to the U.S. is about three weeks (so better then canadian post). All my parts have been small items, so things may be different with larger items.

Laterrrrrr
Avn-Tech

Same here take 4-5 weeks and got all my packages, but it was small things.

We will get back when we have investigated that option.

Kukki