Faan's pit by Focaldesign
[May 17, 2018, 07:19:48 AM]

Pence's Pit by Wolverine
[May 15, 2018, 10:37:05 AM]

ACES II - KNEEGUARDS by Marvin
[May 14, 2018, 02:34:23 PM]

FULL ALUMINIUM HUDBLOCK by Rufus
[May 13, 2018, 12:35:07 PM]

Author Topic: Marvin's 2nd Cockpit Project (HAF Block 52+ PXIII)  (Read 7310 times)

Offline Azul

• IT AIN'T OVER 'TIL IT'S OVER.
  • Col.
  • VP Awards : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • 7th Air Force Command
    • Awards
Re: Marvin's 2nd Cockpit Project (HAF Block 52+ PXIII)
« Reply #90 on: May 14, 2018, 04:57:53 PM »
Master restaurateur

Offline Catcher

• Live fearless Live free
  • -=VP Donor=-
  • General
  • Semper WiFi
  • VP Awards : Bronze Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #91 on: May 18, 2018, 04:20:26 AM »
It is important to see parts saved and restored, good work man :thumbsup:

Offline Marvin

• General
  • Back at again after 10 years!
    • Agoge Tactical Regimen
    • Awards
« Reply #92 on: May 25, 2018, 12:10:21 AM »
Well a very nice package arrived today thanks to @Kukki.  All my interrior cockpit parts arrived as well as some other goodies from Kukki.  My cockpit has been on hold until these parts arrived so now some real progress will get started.

This will be a little challenging as there isn’t a lot of reference in Jason’s design on where exactly these pieces go.  This is why I bought them all at the same time because assembling them all together should really help with proper placement.

This weekend I will buy a metal brake and a new drill press as I will have to fabricate a lot of brackets and bracing to hold all this in.  It’s going to be fun!!   :taz:

" Where's the KABOOM! "

Windows 8.1 64 bit, Intel Core i7 - 5820K CPU (3.30GHz 6-cores, 15MB Cache, Overclocked up to 3.8 GHz w/ Turbo Boost), 32.0 GB Quad Channel DDR4 at 2133MHz, 128GB SSD 6Gb/s Main + 2TB 72

Offline Willy

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Bronze Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement
    • http://www.employees.org/~bwilliam
    • Awards
« Reply #93 on: May 25, 2018, 09:53:42 AM »
At one of the pit meetings in Holland, several of the guys said that there are errors in Rib Placements (I think that was it) in Jason's drawings.  I'm not sure exactly what that was but maybe @Romanski knows.  I think he was one of the ones that told me this.
Beau "Willy" Williamson

I better go find my monkey!

Offline Marvin

• General
    • Agoge Tactical Regimen
    • Awards
« Reply #94 on: May 25, 2018, 01:46:21 PM »
As Jason explained it to me many years ago certain areas were done in error on purpose of specific reasons that I won’t mention in public.  Although I don’t recal it being rib placement?  A quick test for indicates it is fine but I would not say I am 100% yet.
" Where's the KABOOM! "

Windows 8.1 64 bit, Intel Core i7 - 5820K CPU (3.30GHz 6-cores, 15MB Cache, Overclocked up to 3.8 GHz w/ Turbo Boost), 32.0 GB Quad Channel DDR4 at 2133MHz, 128GB SSD 6Gb/s Main + 2TB 72

Offline Marvin

• General
    • Agoge Tactical Regimen
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: May 25, 2018, 05:09:30 PM »
So this was just a quick fitting test..  This is definitely the best route to take by piecing everything together and fitting the whole assembly in the cockpit. 

As it stands now I do believe this is the proper placement.  It seems like the only reference point I could use that matched up was the little cut in right side of the shell where the wall meets the map box (see photos # 1)

I was shocked the bottom of the side walls didn't line up with the cockpit side, but not really a big deal and easy to cover up I guess.

I am interested in hearing from others with the same or similar setup as mine and feedback where I have this placed properly?
" Where's the KABOOM! "

Offline Marvin

• General
    • Agoge Tactical Regimen
    • Awards
« Reply #96 on: May 25, 2018, 05:14:11 PM »
Can anyone with the same parts please confirm if these are correct?

Photos 1 - 3 indicates a gap where the console and Aux console attach to the wall plates.

Photo 4 indicates the misc panel extension.   Should this support piece not be lower to attach to the instrument panel?  Is it bent?

" Where's the KABOOM! "

Offline Rufus

• General
  • VP Awards : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #97 on: May 25, 2018, 08:37:27 PM »
...I gotta find a CNC shop... :brickwall: ...dat's nice stuff, Marvin... :thumbsup: !
- Rufus

Offline Willy

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Bronze Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement
    • http://www.employees.org/~bwilliam
    • Awards
« Reply #98 on: May 25, 2018, 10:18:34 PM »
Can anyone with the same parts please confirm if these are correct?

Photos 1 - 3 indicates a gap where the console and Aux console attach to the wall plates.

Photo 4 indicates the misc panel extension.   Should this support piece not be lower to attach to the instrument panel?  Is it bent?
I can't tell if you have that MISC panel screwed to the L. Instrument panel at all others points but if you do, then I'd say it is, in fact, bent.  That pieces mates to my Martin's L. Instrument panel as do all the other holes where the MISC panel connects to the L. Instrument Panel.

The only thing that doesn't really fit is the MISC panel to the side of the Glareshield.  This is due to the fact that I have a DIY Glareshield (which is pretty darn close to the real deal) but because the real GS has many complex bends, mine has a slight gap where it might screw to the side of the MISC panel.  For me, I'm just not going to try to force it to mount to the GS.

Having said that, it would be really nice if Martin could make a Glareshield (you can use my drawings if you wish Martin) that actually attaches to the Glareshield and not the L. Instrument Panel.  The real MISC panel is an integral part of the Left Glareshield which means when you take off the GS, the MISC panel and its single cable all come off at the same time.

Keep up the good work Jody.
Beau "Willy" Williamson

I better go find my monkey!

Offline Marvin

• General
    • Agoge Tactical Regimen
    • Awards
« Reply #99 on: May 26, 2018, 12:00:35 AM »
Thanks Willy,

Ok that does make sense.  I bent it down it just makes sense that it goes there.  That is interesting about the misc panel attaching to the GS?  Had no idea.  Right now I have one of Tricky’s fibreglass replicas which looks damn good to me.  I wish Martin would make one as well but I suspect he is only making what he doesn’t already have?

Thanks for the feedback and clarification.
" Where's the KABOOM! "

Offline Kukki

• Administrator
  • General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • Kukki?s F-16 website
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #100 on: May 26, 2018, 02:56:02 AM »
Fyi
Martin are planning to make the glareshields 👍🏻
Kukki - (Skype: kukki_22)

Offline Rufus

• General
  • VP Awards : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #101 on: May 26, 2018, 02:32:01 PM »
...DROOOOOL... :countingmoney: .
- Rufus