Faan's pit by Focaldesign
[May 17, 2018, 07:19:48 AM]

Pence's Pit by Wolverine
[May 15, 2018, 10:37:05 AM]

ACES II - KNEEGUARDS by Marvin
[May 14, 2018, 02:34:23 PM]

FULL ALUMINIUM HUDBLOCK by Rufus
[May 13, 2018, 12:35:07 PM]

Author Topic: Azul's Pit  (Read 15859 times)

Offline Azul

• IT AIN'T OVER 'TIL IT'S OVER.
  • Col.
  • VP Awards : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • 7th Air Force Command
    • Awards
Re: Azul's Pit
« Reply #90 on: May 03, 2018, 07:07:23 AM »
Any guide pls?!

Hey guys I have throttle (from Willy) and rail (from Kukki). It looks little difficult to fix it on pit (my pit based on Jason's plans) so I am open the any advice.

(also there is little abrasion that part onthrottle, is it make any problem?)

Offline Azul

• Col.
    • 7th Air Force Command
    • Awards
« Reply #91 on: May 06, 2018, 04:06:58 PM »
STILL NEED HELP!

I couldnt mount the TQS Arm and rail yet  :brickwall: Arm is not move along on rail untill to end because down side of the arm S shape stuck on arm base (2nd pic red circle) so there dead zone on AB section (1st pic yellow circle). Is that normal?

Also I am afraid if the arm move forward untill the rail limits for Full AB I think my throttle enter the CMDS panel (3rd picture)  :DOH:

I am waitin any advice/guidence! HELP!

Edit: All photos taken same position.

Offline Kukki

• Administrator
  • General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Kukki?s F-16 website
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #92 on: May 06, 2018, 05:19:50 PM »
That TQS arm is not made correct, or its mounted wrong.

The Idel cutof leaver is suppose to be very close to the TWA, CMDS/EWMU panel, very close.

But its not good the arm is not follow the shape of the tqs rail.(the tqs rail is 100% precise of the real one, so I guess your radius/lengts on the tqs arm is not the right).

Its very dificult to implement a real spec part with a none real spec part if they have to fit very precise like the tqs and the tqs rail.  Thay must be made for each other or it will give problems.

Sent you 2 pics over messenger
Kukki
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 02:36:28 AM by Kukki »
Kukki - (Skype: kukki_22)

Offline Marvin

• General
  • Back at again after 10 years!
    • Agoge Tactical Regimen
    • Awards
« Reply #93 on: May 06, 2018, 05:32:36 PM »
@Azul,

I would love to help you but can't yet, as I am not quite there.  I have Jason's shell and as soon as I get all my Martin's parts from Kukki I will be at that stage and can compare as I have a real throttle arm and handle.

As Kukki mentioned, my understanding Jason's shell is quite accurate and I know others have successfully mounted TQS in his shell.  So it must either be your TQS or how it is positioned in the pit.

That's the bad thing about Jason's shell there isn't really any reference where anything goes.   Just have to play around until you get it positioned properly.

Jody
" Where's the KABOOM! "

Windows 8.1 64 bit, Intel Core i7 - 5820K CPU (3.30GHz 6-cores, 15MB Cache, Overclocked up to 3.8 GHz w/ Turbo Boost), 32.0 GB Quad Channel DDR4 at 2133MHz, 128GB SSD 6Gb/s Main + 2TB 72

Offline Willy

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Bronze Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement
    • http://www.employees.org/~bwilliam
    • Awards
« Reply #94 on: May 06, 2018, 07:25:14 PM »
That was the Arm and Mounting bracket designed and made by Rabbit.  I never got very far installing it in my pit as I got the real arm and mount so I switched to it.  Azul asked if anyone had one of Rabbit's arms + mount so I sold him mine at a big discount.  I will be very unhappy to find that the mount is not designed right.  I'm not sure if Rabbit is still around and can help with this.

All I know is Rabbit told me that he had successfully installed one of these in his pit.  I'm not sure if there was some trick to the install or not.  I do know installing the Throttle Arm is one of the biggest PITA that you will find building a pit.

Having said that, it does look like the dimensions are wrong on the mount.  I suggest you measure the dimensions of the mount shown by the Yellow Arrows in the picture below to see if it is 3.00" [76.2mm] as shown in the drawings Kukkit sent you.  I'm beginning to suspect that that plate is >3.00" and you may need to disassemble and cut that plate (see dashed Blue Line) so that it is exactly 3.00".  That will allow the lower curved part of the arm to move that extra distance.
2018-05-06_18-07-46.jpgAzul's Pit

The other thing is to verify that the pivot bolt is in the right place by comparing the dimensions shown by the Black Arrows below match the dimensions given by Kukki.
2018-05-06_18-16-18.jpgAzul's Pit

It looks right from the picture and if the Arm is tracking the rail ok (which it looks like from your pictures) and the problem is not having enough "throw", I think the mount plate is too big in height.

Finally, you may want to compare all the other dimensions of the mount (which I never did) to make sure there isn't something else going on.  However, I think all you need to do is to cut down the size of the mount plate.  The more I look at the pictures of it, it does look too big and that is your primary problem. 

Maybe Rabbit can jump in here and offer some explanation of his part to see if we are missing something.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 07:33:25 PM by Willy »
Beau "Willy" Williamson

I better go find my monkey!

Offline Azul

• Col.
    • 7th Air Force Command
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: May 07, 2018, 04:17:19 AM »
Thanks Willy, I will cut that part and I think problem will solve. I didnt fix the rail and arm with screw yet but in this situation arm move on rail goodly (Off-Idle-Military) it jump also AB section there is only problem on FULL AB area.

Offline Azul

• Col.
    • 7th Air Force Command
    • Awards
« Reply #96 on: May 07, 2018, 05:25:07 AM »
I think if I remove this part problem will solve. Is it important?

Offline henkie

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Electronics Guru Award: Awarded to those with special electronics skills : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • Henk's Viperpit developments
    • Awards
« Reply #97 on: May 07, 2018, 06:02:40 AM »
Yes, it is important! (or you have to construct another solution ...  :whistle:
At the end a rod is attached. The other side of the rod makes a potentiometer (or Hall sensor) axis rotate. The axis position is the input to BMS at which position the throttle is!
There are pictures on the forum of this rod, linkage and sensor.