• Dot Users Online:

* Recent Topics/Posts

DCStoF4 (Standalone version) by questerymj
[April 20, 2024, 12:50:58 PM]

Last BMS version and the CANOPY SPIDER by mihi4
[April 20, 2024, 11:57:37 AM]

Customizing Default Point of View in BMS by Sneakpeek
[April 17, 2024, 11:53:20 PM]

Author Topic: Marvin is back in the game!  (Read 1929 times)

Offline Marvin

• General
  • Back at again after 10 years!
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Agoge Tactical Regimen
    • Awards
Marvin is back in the game!
« on: December 27, 2016, 12:10:00 PM »
Hey guys,

Some of you may remember me from about 10 years ago.  I was pretty active and built a cockpit.  Unfortunately a change in careers forced me to sell and move on.  I did have a short lived return about 5 years ago indicating I was going to start a new build, but I foolishly thought I could balance this hobby along with a new born and was mistaken.  lol

Anyway, so here I am again...  This time I think I am good to start again as she is 5 now and have a little (emphasis on LITTLE) time to get back into this outstanding hobby!

What have I missed?  Too many things to list but I am ABSOLUTELY FLOORED by some of your progress report.  ABSOLUTELY FLOORED!!!!  You gentleman have set the benchmark VERY F*&KING HIGH!   :beer:

So at this rate I have been starting to collect some items and I have months of research to catch up on before I plan my new build.  I do know that Martin is going to be getting a lot of my money this year after seeing his latest price guide.

All I can say for this build right now is I am more interested in the build this time around.  What I mean is my first build although I was looking for authenticity I allowed for a lot of compromises to either get the pit up and running or due to lack of resources and availability and suffered over time while I tried to upgrade the cockpit.  This time around I want to do the pit slow and right and enjoy the build process of building a beautiful cockpit like many of you have already.  As I read it from someone already I'm certainly taking the "Lazy builder route" and just purchasing everything for a more accurate and authentic build rather than carving a cockpit from a tree trunk like my last one.  lol

Now although I have been out of the cockpit world for the past decade I have certainly not stopped flying Falcon.  I still continue to average 6-8 hours a week and actually coming up to my 20th anniversary flying Falcon 4.0 since 1997.  :cheerleader:

Anyway, sorry for the lengthy post.  I wanted to introduce myself to the newer members that may not know me, and say hello to the old crew!

Jody
" Where's the KABOOM! "

Windows 8.1 64 bit, Intel Core i7 - 5820K CPU (3.30GHz 6-cores, 15MB Cache, Overclocked up to 3.8 GHz w/ Turbo Boost), 32.0 GB Quad Channel DDR4 at 2133MHz, 128GB SSD 6Gb/s Main + 2TB 72

Offline raptor

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • 16th Ark Angels
    • Awards
Re: Marvin is back in the game!
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2016, 12:13:25 PM »
So, you are still infected with the Virus..  :lolsign:

Welcome back!  :vprules:

Offline Lightning101

• General
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Buy me a drink
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2016, 12:16:37 PM »
Welcome back Marvin. Happy to see you redo an account as you tell me last week. Hehe.

Offline Marvin

• General
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Agoge Tactical Regimen
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2016, 12:34:41 PM »
Yes Wralex, 

It is cockpits like you that inspired and "invected" me with this virus!

Jody
" Where's the KABOOM! "

Windows 8.1 64 bit, Intel Core i7 - 5820K CPU (3.30GHz 6-cores, 15MB Cache, Overclocked up to 3.8 GHz w/ Turbo Boost), 32.0 GB Quad Channel DDR4 at 2133MHz, 128GB SSD 6Gb/s Main + 2TB 72

Offline Kukki

• General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2016, 01:01:50 PM »
Hey Marvin, my good old fellow pitbuilder, sooo fricking nice to have you back in the nuthouse  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Im looking forward to you build.
  :vprules: :beer:

Offline Marvin

• General
    • Agoge Tactical Regimen
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2016, 01:04:45 PM »
Thanks Kukki,

I just completed reviewing your progress thread.  Man you build a dedicated attachment to your house for your sim room.  unbelievable!! 

Jody
" Where's the KABOOM! "

Offline Boomer

• LT. General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h239/jimhinkle/boomer/bb1.jpg
    • Buy me a drink
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2016, 02:22:27 PM »
Welcome back brother.  :beer:
Democracy is two wolves voting on what's for dinner, Liberty is a well armed sheep contesting the vote.

Offline ulti

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2016, 02:36:45 PM »
Welcome back, as said before, once infected with the virus..... :digger:

--> Never fly faster than your guardian angel can <--

FCC-2 Cougar, BMS , EDTrackerPro

My cockpit

Offline Road218

• Col.
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Software Guru Award: Awarded to those with special software skills
    • Black Operations
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2016, 03:54:34 PM »
Welcome back brother!  Good to see you return.  We had a lot of great air time in the 157th.  Good times. Cant wait to see your new build as it comes to life.

Here's my new one I started about 5 years ago. Scrapped the one I used with you in the 157th and let String talk me into another, better looking, full functional one.

Eric "RoadRunner" Taylor

Creator of FalconGauges,  CPD-FG4 for BMS, P51 and BF-109 Gauges for IL-2, and Mirage2000 Gauges. 

Yes I like to write gauge software when not working on my pit.

Offline Marvin

• General
    • Agoge Tactical Regimen
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2016, 05:56:32 PM »
Road,

Good GOD that is exactly what I am talking about!!  That is amazing!    :outthewindow:
" Where's the KABOOM! "

Offline Clink

• Col.
  • VP Awards Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2016, 09:29:00 PM »
Welcome Back Brother :beer:

I wish you all the best with your new build. As you have already noticed; F-16 PIT building is not what it used to be :wacko:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrphEZJfeGU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrphEZJfeGU</a>

String
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 10:35:29 PM by String »

Offline Marvin

• General
    • Agoge Tactical Regimen
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2016, 10:56:27 PM »
That's cool.. Was he doing the g-strain maneuver?
" Where's the KABOOM! "

Offline sagrzmnky

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2016, 04:03:12 AM »
That's cool.. Was he doing the g-strain maneuver?

Yes because @String made his G-suit fully operational.
Phillip "Grease Monkey" Clark

My build thread
http://www.viperpits.org/smf/index.php?topic=6942.0
 Pokeys, x-key

Offline Marvin

• General
    • Agoge Tactical Regimen
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2016, 11:51:33 AM »
That's awesome!
" Where's the KABOOM! "

Offline Rufus

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2016, 12:48:15 PM »
Welcome back, Marvin - once infected, never cured... :outthewindow: ...!
- Rufus

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal