• Dot Users Online:

* Recent Topics/Posts

Hello from Canada by ChrispyBiscuit99
[Today at 06:49:56 AM]

DCStoF4 (Standalone version) by questerymj
[April 20, 2024, 12:50:58 PM]

Last BMS version and the CANOPY SPIDER by mihi4
[April 20, 2024, 11:57:37 AM]

Author Topic: Part of main screen extraction.....  (Read 3080 times)

Offline Goofy

• LT. General
  • VP Awards Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build
    • Awards
Part of main screen extraction.....
« on: May 13, 2014, 02:14:08 AM »
Does anyone know if it is possible to extract part of the main screen to a tft with BMS extractor, so basically extracting main and then using a smaller length and width to 'cutout' the HUD with background? Asking here first before I start trying and screw up my current setup.....

Ideally I would have liked the HUD FLIR image, but from the looks of it that isnt supported anymore......oh bugger!

Cheerio,

Chris

Offline Taipan

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts
    • Awards
Re: Part of main screen extraction.....
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 03:05:10 AM »
I haven't seen it done with BMS extractor, but the (very) old versions of MFDe used to extract in this manner. You would have to give screen coordinates to the screen scraper and it would be able to display them elsewhere...
IIRC there are other screen scraper tools available, but I havn't looked at them for some time..
t
"If the heat don't get you........"

Offline Goofy

• LT. General
  • VP Awards Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2014, 06:16:38 AM »
Thanks for the info Taipan......do you think it would be possible to run the MFDE extractor together with the BMS extractor?

Cheerio,

Chris

Offline Taipan

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2014, 07:47:08 AM »
in terms of screen extraction, i would expect so. If there are other features you need, like reading shared memory, i can't say.. I don't recall that the old SMM file is compatible.

t
"If the heat don't get you........"

Offline Goofy

• LT. General
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2014, 08:48:29 AM »
.....cheers, I'll give it a try this week.......need to figure out how to use MFDe first....

Offline Red Dog

• Administrator
  • General
  • VP Awards 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2014, 10:13:15 AM »
I use both at the same time
BMS extracts my 2 MFDs
MFDE extracts all the rest: AOA-VVI, EHDI, ADI, machmeter, altimeter, TTD
Have a bandit day - Red Dog
Red Dog flight sim's stuff
Red Dog models
Red Dog PPL
Red Dog Discord: 947914531772964865

Offline Goofy

• LT. General
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2014, 11:22:26 AM »
I've downloaded and installed the MFDe and the programs it needs to run, but everytime I open the program nothing seems to happen....perhaps in the background? Is there a manual somewhere of how to set it up?

Here's the current setup...

CobaltUK

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2014, 12:56:01 PM »
Have you set  set g_bExportRTTTextures 1 ?

Offline Goofy

• LT. General
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2014, 01:25:05 PM »
Have you set  set g_bExportRTTTextures 1 ?

Where do I do that?....within config of BMS?....do I open MFDe within BMS? As you can see I have no idea how to set it up..... :stupid:

CobaltUK

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2014, 01:28:23 PM »
falconbms.cfg yes

// Misc Settings //

There will be some instructions somewhere. People will point you to them shortly no doubt

Offline Goofy

• LT. General
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2014, 01:31:31 PM »
Thanks!.....really appreciate it!

Offline Goofy

• LT. General
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2014, 01:40:30 PM »
Changed the value.....still nothing happens..... :brickwall:

CobaltUK

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2014, 01:44:43 PM »
That's stage 1 :)   There ARE instruction (somewhere) be patient. Red Dog will probably talk you through even quicker.

You MAY need  a different setting for set g_nRTTExportBatchSize   also.  Can`t remember

PS you obviously have to reload bms after any change to the falcon bms.cfg

Offline Goofy

• LT. General
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2014, 01:45:06 PM »
Getting somewhere....found the menu hidden in the taskbar...... :yihaw:

CobaltUK

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2014, 01:46:26 PM »
Oh yeah.  forgot about that :(

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal