• Dot Users Online:

* Recent Topics/Posts

Hello from Canada by ChrispyBiscuit99
[Today at 06:49:56 AM]

DCStoF4 (Standalone version) by questerymj
[April 20, 2024, 12:50:58 PM]

Last BMS version and the CANOPY SPIDER by mihi4
[April 20, 2024, 11:57:37 AM]

Author Topic: Real RKPK airport diagram  (Read 1688 times)

Moose

Real RKPK airport diagram
« on: March 18, 2014, 11:00:03 AM »
Noticed that in BMS, RKPK ( Kimhae AB ) is depicted as single runway and as RWY 16-34 - whereas the real airfield is 18-36 parallel runways. How accurate are the rest of the BMS airfields, at least in configuration?

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu181/SteelerNation2009/image_zps7b4aefd2.jpg
Real RKPK airport diagram

Offline KK

• General
  • VP Awards Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build
    • Awards
Re: Real RKPK airport diagram
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 12:49:08 PM »
Unfortunately Jeppesen or ONC maps are useless for navigation in BMS.
The BMS airfields, coordinates, frequencies, etc, simply do not match with the
real world.
Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Offline Red Dog

• Administrator
  • General
  • VP Awards 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 01:46:17 PM »
In BMS korea, most airbases are generic, only Kunsan, Kimpo and Seoul and Osan to some extend are close to real layout.
As KK said, real charts are useless in Korea, that's why I have been working for the past 15 years to design the charts specific to BMS
Have a bandit day - Red Dog
Red Dog flight sim's stuff
Red Dog models
Red Dog PPL
Red Dog Discord: 947914531772964865

Offline Willy

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Electronics Guru Award: Awarded to those with special electronics skills 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Bronze Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement
    • http://www.employees.org/~bwilliam
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2014, 01:47:54 PM »
Sounds like a "Feature Request" for a future version of BMS. 

I know X-Plane and MS-FS have real-world maps so it is possible.  However, I wouldn't hold my breath for that BMS Feature Request. I can also think of other more important big Features I'd like to see like multiple graphics PC's for outside views with the ability to select the view direction and angle like in X-Plane.  That would allow us to "start" thinking about our Curved Screen or Dome Screen Projection (with the necessary third party Warping Software).
Beau "Willy" Williamson

I better go find my monkey!

Offline Red Dog

• Administrator
  • General
  • VP Awards 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2014, 03:27:53 PM »
it is possible, it takes time. BMS is a small team with other priorities, that's all
We already provided Kunsan and Kimpo, Osan is next.
It is tedious work and it's time consuming to make it right

Beside, although the airports are not realistic layouts, they are realisticaly documented :)
So having them realistic is just like detailling the innards of your replica aces2.
:) :)
In the end, the result is the same.

And lastly, real airports evolve over time. Whatever you do an sim airport will be fully realistic only for a few months. Then a frequency will change, a notam will close a taxiway, a crane will be erected to build a new terminal. a stopway is lenghtened, an ILS is added etc etc

If you want to have realistic layouts airport, i suggest you have a look at EMF ;) once that is released, it will be full of realistic HAF & Turkey airbase :)
http://users.skynet.be/bs999158/MAPEMF/index.html

korea:
http://www.candyparty.com/ST/BMS_KOREA_interactive/index.html
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 03:34:25 PM by Red Dog »
Have a bandit day - Red Dog
Red Dog flight sim's stuff
Red Dog models
Red Dog PPL
Red Dog Discord: 947914531772964865

JJ

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2014, 03:52:21 PM »
A viper has to fight, not land, when it lands it´´s empty....

I think the priority for the BMS team is the cockpit functionality and flight performance. Offcourse it´´s a dream that every airbase is programmed, but i realise that it is not possible for the BMS team to make.

Just my thoughts...  keep up the good work everybody.  :thumbsup:

Moose

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2014, 07:49:00 PM »
Real world Runway config is Definitely not the highest priority especially in light of all the other achievements being made. Just an observation.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal