* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 113
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Recent Topics/Posts

DCStoF4 (Standalone version) by SharkNoir
[March 17, 2024, 03:19:25 PM]

Author Topic: Sim Software  (Read 1339 times)

Offline Mustang 1-1

• Captain
  • VR-Pilot
    • Awards
Sim Software
« on: November 20, 2022, 08:26:17 PM »
This has nothing to do with bms, but I didn’t know where to post this. Has anyone ever heard of zedasoft? They seem to be a military/commercial orginazation who sell flight simulation software. Does anyone know if they sell to the public or how much there products are?

Offline sagrzmnky

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
Re: Sim Software
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2022, 01:01:20 AM »
Mustang 1-1, I sent you a pm.
Phillip "Grease Monkey" Clark

My build thread
http://www.viperpits.org/smf/index.php?topic=6942.0
 Pokeys, x-key

Offline Cupra

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • 1st VFW "Glory Wings"
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2022, 04:24:44 PM »
For flying with your Simpit... there are actual jsut 2 sims out there.. BMS and DCS.
All the other stuff is... too expensive, not available for public, not multplayer usable and so on... Searching for other stuff ist just waste of time.  :whistle:

Offline Rufus

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2022, 04:44:48 PM »
The only other one I might think acceptable is Prepar3D...and it's a Lockheed product now, so it's probably the most complete/correct one out there.  Depending on what level you can buy in at.... :reading: .
- Rufus

Offline Mustang 1-1

• Captain
  • VR-Pilot
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2022, 05:51:00 PM »
They definently don't use p3d. Milviz does make a viper model for the sim which is military grade, I own one of their military trainers, a T-38C, after lots of emails and a big price. But P3D costs 60 us dollars so it can't be the sim they use in the big sims.

Offline Rufus

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2022, 07:22:56 PM »

I guess I might not expect that, given the age of Prepar3D...but I'll bet you could noodle a connection to it...
From what I've noted as I've gotten more deeply involved with Trainers at work is that a great deal of the interfaces for them have a LOT in common with MSFS.  And given that Prepar3D is essentially the old MSFS with some upgrades, and that there is a Professional/mil grade license available for it, I'm even more inclined to think this. 

All this probably means though, is that the mil version is HIGHLY customizable and probably includes additional interfacing options.  I wouldn't expect any two different Platform Trainers to be interfaced/serviced the same, or to include the same set of features.  But a great deal of the software driving them may have common roots.
- Rufus

Offline tiger-31

• General
  • VP Awards 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2022, 12:51:28 AM »
They definently don't use p3d. Milviz does make a viper model for the sim which is military grade, I own one of their military trainers, a T-38C, after lots of emails and a big price. But P3D costs 60 us dollars so it can't be the sim they use in the big sims.

How about some pictures of that T-38C trainer  :whistle:

Offline Mustang 1-1

• Captain
  • VR-Pilot
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2022, 02:36:27 AM »
So I haven’t built a pit for it yet, but I am planning on it. The only thing holding me back is the hotas. I just need someone to get the basic stuff made. I can populate with otto switches. So right now I am using a cls p brunner stick, which has about 49 pounds of force, basically can simulate any center stick jet, and an milspec upgraded warthog throttle for the T-38 sim. The panels and switches would be easy. I could have a pit going in a month. But for the software I have the pro-plus version on Prepar3d and the military version of the Milviz T-38C currently used in usaf training. I even have a force feedback profile set on the brunner to simulate the exact forces of the T-38 stick exact from brunner. Now I wish milviz would sell me there F-16 model for P3d, but it requires a contract and its upwards in the 5 figures. Then MAYBE they will possibly hand you a license after all of that. But basically its just the software right now. And I am also working on the viper pit, so not much progress on the talon.

Offline Mustang 1-1

• Captain
  • VR-Pilot
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2022, 10:25:37 AM »
Also, I may think about building a cpd for the block 60 and 70 models of F-16. I know bms doesn't simulate this so people have made plugins to ake the sims data ad combine it into a cpd. Does anyone have the software or program for this? or does this even work anymore.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal