Last BMS version and the CANOPY SPIDER by mihi4
[April 20, 2024, 11:57:37 AM]

Customizing Default Point of View in BMS by Sneakpeek
[April 17, 2024, 11:53:20 PM]

Recent Posts

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »
Falcon BMS / Re: Customizing Default Point of View in BMS
« Last post by Tulkas on April 13, 2024, 12:47:00 PM »
You can set a custom view and use a key command to set it.
Look in the technical manual in section 4.3.1

Thanks! Will check!
« Last post by Atlas on April 13, 2024, 12:40:27 PM »
Why rebuild the cockpit?  Could you not just raise the seat up and then find a way to fix it in place once at the right height?
« Last post by Tulkas on April 13, 2024, 11:26:57 AM »
The BMS viewpoint should be the "correct" one at the design eye.  Could you adjust your position instead?

Not without rebuilding the complete cockpit  :lol: I'd think is easier to adjust the POV a couple of degrees...

Cannot be clamed that default position is the good one for everybody, the zoom for example is going to depend on the size of your screen/ projection.
« Last post by Atlas on April 13, 2024, 11:06:46 AM »
The BMS viewpoint should be the "correct" one at the design eye.  Could you adjust your position instead?
« Last post by jjbravo on April 13, 2024, 11:06:20 AM »
You can set a custom view and use a key command to set it.
Look in the technical manual in section 4.3.1
Falcon BMS / Customizing Default Point of View in BMS
« Last post by Tulkas on April 13, 2024, 10:55:25 AM »
Now that I have installed a HUD frame I have to slightly move the view and reduce the zoom every time I start a flight. Also when centering TrackIR is slightly too high.

Is there a way to save the viewpoint so it is spot on everytime I start the sim?

Thanks!

Tulkas
DCS / Re: DCStoF4 (Standalone version)
« Last post by questerymj on April 13, 2024, 09:12:47 AM »
(My apologies i havent worked out how to use the quote feature yet).

I found the same with YAME, its a nightmare to setup, but I have got the CPD and the ATD working perfectly with BMS just for testing. Have been flying around in BMS for the last couple of days with it on my workstation and its been working great (I had to use version 2.0.0.44, version 1.2.1 did not work at all). I have my LCD turning up soon for my CPD so will test it out properly then.

As for DCS, still have had no luck with getting it to work with DCS/DCStoF4, however I will try what questerymj mentioned and get rid of all the other exports and just put in the DCStoF4 and see if that fixes it (thank you for suggesting that  :) ). I also have Tacview and DCS-BIOS so it might be an issue caused by one of them as suggested...

Overall, pretty happy with the CPD/ATD in BMS. Thank you both for your help! :) I will update as to whether I got DCS working

I will suggest you try a clean export.lua when someday you want to test...it's 99% DCS-bios conlict with DCStoF4 because I still not disslove this issue.XD

And aobut YAME64/CPD,it's not so hard do configure if you know the basic idea (define a area for YAME and put instruments inside there). You can use arrow key to trim the instrument location like in Helios. I always keep YAME in my desktop because I love CPD and wish to use it someday withput any issue...I will share the experience when I successful XD
« Last post by Jakkuh-15 on April 12, 2024, 01:15:22 PM »
(My apologies i havent worked out how to use the quote feature yet).

I found the same with YAME, its a nightmare to setup, but I have got the CPD and the ATD working perfectly with BMS just for testing. Have been flying around in BMS for the last couple of days with it on my workstation and its been working great (I had to use version 2.0.0.44, version 1.2.1 did not work at all). I have my LCD turning up soon for my CPD so will test it out properly then.

As for DCS, still have had no luck with getting it to work with DCS/DCStoF4, however I will try what questerymj mentioned and get rid of all the other exports and just put in the DCStoF4 and see if that fixes it (thank you for suggesting that  :) ). I also have Tacview and DCS-BIOS so it might be an issue caused by one of them as suggested...

Overall, pretty happy with the CPD/ATD in BMS. Thank you both for your help! :) I will update as to whether I got DCS working
« Last post by questerymj on April 10, 2024, 03:16:43 AM »
I'm happy someone else wants to have a hybrid DCS/BMS CPD  :biggrin:

Thank you for the tips! I tried them but I couldnt get it to work on with me. DCStF4 seems to work correctly and prints out all the data it is interposing. However, YAME64/The CPD just sits blank with the text "Waiting for BMS" and doesnt work.

For your YAME setup, what version are you using? I have both the "New(?)" v1.2.1, and also a 2.0.0.44 version. With BMS the only version i could get to work at all was the 2.0.0.44 version, the v1.2.1 i couldnt even get to look for BMS/launch the CPD window (the direct data input option was greyed out, with the only option being "get data from server"). Its likely something I've messed up, i could not completely follow your steps as YAME64 auto-launches BMS or it wont open the CPD for some reason.

My startup sequence was;

1. Start DCStoF4
2. Start YAME64 and (auto)launch BMS + CPD through YAME client.
3. Minimise BMS and Start DCS, load into mission. At this point the DCStoF4 window would begin printing, but CPD would still be inactive.

Do you have your YAME set to pull data direct from BMS or set to a local server at 127.0.0.1? If the server, what port do you use?

Also, does DCStoF4 convert values both ways? I have a DED & arduinos programmed to DCS-BIOS, would i have to reporgramme to BMS and then use DCStoF4 to interpose the values? How do you do it with your panels?

Thank you for all your help, I greatly appreciate it  :)

The biigest problem is to make DCStF4 connect with DCS, you need to correctly add the lines to export.lua in savegame folder.like this:

-- DCStoF4
local xflight=require('lfs');dofile(xflight.writedir()..[[Scripts\DCS-XFLIGHT\Util-Dial.lua]])

If you mix this line with other plugin like helios or dcs-bios it's very possible to make one or more of them can't excute.
I think the first thing to do is get a clean export.lua and only paste the line dcstof4 need and test if connect successful. If it connect to DCS and dump data to shared memories, YAME will find it and run.

You can try keep YAME in standby mode, after DCS into flight then run YAME to check if it get the data. If display waiting BMS means the DCStoF4 didn't work correctly. This need a lot of try and error if you don't have other BMS hardware like DED to identify the shared memories works or not.
« Last post by Red Dog on April 09, 2024, 04:07:35 PM »
For your YAME setup, what version are you using? I have both the "New(?)" v1.2.1, and also a 2.0.0.44 version. With BMS the only version i could get to work at all was the 2.0.0.44 version, the v1.2.1 i couldnt even get to look for BMS/launch the CPD window (the direct data input option was greyed out, with the only option being "get data from server"). Its likely something I've messed up, i could not completely follow your steps as YAME64 auto-launches BMS or it wont open the CPD for some reason.

My experience is that YAME is a bi*** to setup and start.
I did make it work at some point with both BMS and DCS and it was working thus fine in DCS through DCSto F4.
But since then something got changed and I was never able to make it work again.
Still looking for a way as well but today I am convinced that the hard part is to get YAME to work with BMS
Once that is done, most of it (not the moving map) will work with DCS

My startup sequence was;

1. Start DCStoF4
2. Start YAME64 and (auto)launch BMS + CPD through YAME client.
3. Minimise BMS and Start DCS, load into mission. At this point the DCStoF4 window would begin printing, but CPD would still be inactive.
As I said, if it doesn't work with BMS first, there's no point trying in DCS. Fix it in BMS first (something I wasn't able to)

Also, does DCStoF4 convert values both ways? I have a DED & arduinos programmed to DCS-BIOS, would i have to reporgramme to BMS and then use DCStoF4 to interpose the values? How do you do it with your panels?
I have Ghost DED and it works perfectly without any messing around, just start DCSto F4 and the DED is alive in DCS. No ideas about Arduino but if that works with BMS and DCStoF4 is running fine then it will work in DCS

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal