Hello from Canada by Atlas
[Today at 10:22:13 AM]

DCStoF4 (Standalone version) by questerymj
[April 20, 2024, 12:50:58 PM]

Last BMS version and the CANOPY SPIDER by mihi4
[April 20, 2024, 11:57:37 AM]

Customizing Default Point of View in BMS by Sneakpeek
[April 17, 2024, 11:53:20 PM]

Author Topic: I FINALLY entered into the VR world!  (Read 2564 times)

Offline Marvin

• General
  • Back at again after 10 years!
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Agoge Tactical Regimen
    • Awards
Re: I FINALLY entered into the VR world!
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2019, 01:44:16 PM »
I wouldn’t worry too much.  DCS F-16 won’t be anywhere near that of BMS.  Specially in 4.34.  You boys are going to be I for a surprise for 4.34!  It actually takes work to fly it now.  Using the weapon systems is also a lot more work and if you are not paying attention you have a high probability of missing.

I’m not trying to trash DCS.  I am enjoying it quite a bit right now in VR.  But I cannot help by notice how simple it is to fly and deploy weapons.  I mean you actually have to put a great deal of effort to try and miss.  So I’m not really sold on their so called detailed list of avionics for their Viper if you look at what we have this far.  I mean 4.34 is two years plus in the making for just a few enhancements to make sure it’s perfect and DCS are doing complete mods in 6-8th months. 

That being said.  I would be lying if I said I wasn’t excited to fly wirh a human RIO in F14.
" Where's the KABOOM! "

Windows 8.1 64 bit, Intel Core i7 - 5820K CPU (3.30GHz 6-cores, 15MB Cache, Overclocked up to 3.8 GHz w/ Turbo Boost), 32.0 GB Quad Channel DDR4 at 2133MHz, 128GB SSD 6Gb/s Main + 2TB 72

Offline jjbravo

• General
  • Callsign: Vino
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2019, 02:51:57 PM »
Agree with all your points Marvin.
Excited for the new 4.34 release!

(You can be my wingman anytime :) )

Offline Rufus

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2019, 08:59:55 PM »
There are ways to fly with a human RIO in BMS...and I'd like to try integrating my front seat pit with someone's back seat one day...should I live that long...

...I'd like to see some of the surface to air AI from FAF ported over to BMS.  Make that ALL of the surface to air AI from FAF.
- Rufus

Offline Tulkas

• General
  • VP Awards 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2019, 06:29:45 AM »
I share wet dream with mrwell, mixed or augmented reality is what I want.

BMS VR means giving up my physical cockpit which is a no go for me. Now, combining my pit with a external view VR... that would be the ultimate! 360 degrees withou projectors or screens! Let's see if masking or using a kind of chroma goes somewhere in the near future..

Cheers

Tulkas

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal