Hello from Canada by Rufus
[Today at 04:56:21 PM]

DCStoF4 (Standalone version) by questerymj
[April 20, 2024, 12:50:58 PM]

Last BMS version and the CANOPY SPIDER by mihi4
[April 20, 2024, 11:57:37 AM]

Customizing Default Point of View in BMS by Sneakpeek
[April 17, 2024, 11:53:20 PM]

Author Topic: Eagle Dynamics confirmed F-16C  (Read 7618 times)

Offline Red Dog

• Administrator
  • General
  • VP Awards 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
Re: Eagle Dynamics confirmed F-16C
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2018, 04:02:32 AM »
- I'm sure we'll all try it, no doubt about that

- I'm sure they'll use what they develop for the F/A-18 (and even part of the A-10C which has a lot of similarities with the F-16) for the future addons like the F-16. It's not even smart coding, it's the only logical way.
That said, F/A-18 and F-16 radar are quite different!

- I have no issue with their money addicted posture, as I said in my first post (which was apparently missed) it's a commercial company and that's what commercial companies do. I fully appreciate that but I am mature enough to also realise the limitation of such a system.

- As Jody I bought all the modules that were appealing to me and used them for a bit in MP with a few buddies but I always returned to something more dense, providing me a more real environment for MP combat

- I adapted my pit for an easy switch from the F-16 to the A-10C. Lots of similarities, stick, MFDs, ICP/UFC, weapon systems
I can tell you that this is not easy. BMS and DCS have completely opposite views of outputting data. It is possible but a simple click reconfiguration is a bit presomptuous. I have the tee shirt already

- If you like rampstarting multiple times and flying around. DCS is super great. If you want a dense combat environment, DCS lacks very much. it's empty, repetitive and boring quickly.
This analogy resumes pretty well the same difference in pit builders. These building a piece of furniture and those building a tool to achieve better immersion in flight simulation actually using the pit as a mean to enjoy combat flight sim in multiplayer.
Both optics are valid and both have their software solution. So I'm all for it

Comparing a BMS vs DCS development time frame isn't very meaningful. Two very different development environments.
which is the very first argument of the comparison :)

I'm not familiar with BMS team and the behind the scenes work but i'd bet DCS has far more resources available for research, 3d modelling, coding and testing.
I disagree.
A passionate coder working for free goes deeper into things because time (and therefore money) is not an issue.
The paid software developer may not be passionate by what he codes, he's under time and result pressure and often that leads to not so deep research.
Si in my humble opinion, the paid coder will always provide less deep research and work than the free coders, just because of time, pressure and motivation.
And that IMHO is exactly the difference between BMS and DCS

Now having said that - I love and respect both ventures and their users. I do believe that one is not mutually exclusive from the other. BMS has merit but so has DCS for being the only real company with the guts to develop such products commercially, and my philosophy is to support them just for that.

There is no benefit to bash one or the other. Both ventures could learn from each other. Unfortunately they fight each other through their fanboys official team :) Very often with poor insights.

So i'm sure there is enough to enjoy both. And if it takes 2 or 5 years it doesn't change one bit
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 09:52:29 AM by Red Dog »
Have a bandit day - Red Dog
Red Dog flight sim's stuff
Red Dog models
Red Dog PPL
Red Dog Discord: 947914531772964865

Offline Cupra

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • 1st VFW "Glory Wings"
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2018, 05:16:33 AM »
As much as I would like a DCS F-16 it would be the same as every time.. nice view and after a few hours.. nothing :(

I will stay at BMS, even if it gets sometime payware. The only thing I would prefer at BMS would be a actual network code that works with IPv6.. Flying online makes really fun, but within the last few years the IPv4 adresses get less and less. All that port forwarding stuff does not work very well at IPv6 :( But all the rest, BMS rules. If it makes problems during flying it is 99% my fault :D

But let´s see.

Offline KK

• General
  • VP Awards Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2018, 08:33:13 AM »
I think when you guys see 4.34 you will really see the realism that has been added and it is something I find DCS will never offer.

Current version is 4.33.5 if I haven't overlooked a version or two.

So is 4.34 wishful thinking or is there already something cooking?
Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Offline Marvin

• General
  • Back at again after 10 years!
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Agoge Tactical Regimen
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2018, 08:47:05 AM »
I think when you guys see 4.34 you will really see the realism that has been added and it is something I find DCS will never offer.

Current version is 4.33.5 if I haven't overlooked a version or two.

So is 4.34 wishful thinking or is there already something cooking?

Far from wishful thinking.  We are in feature freeze right now.  It has been mentioned several times on this forum and others so it’s no secret but we can’t discuss the features coming.  ;)
" Where's the KABOOM! "

Windows 8.1 64 bit, Intel Core i7 - 5820K CPU (3.30GHz 6-cores, 15MB Cache, Overclocked up to 3.8 GHz w/ Turbo Boost), 32.0 GB Quad Channel DDR4 at 2133MHz, 128GB SSD 6Gb/s Main + 2TB 72

Offline Nigel

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2018, 08:04:57 PM »
You will be happy

Offline Rufus

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2018, 08:44:19 PM »
...I just wish the folks at BMS would get and keep direct link downloads working...or stop teasing them... :DOH:
- Rufus

Offline KK

• General
  • VP Awards Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2018, 04:16:15 AM »
Far from wishful thinking.  We are in feature freeze right now.  It has been mentioned several times on this forum and others so it’s no secret but we can’t discuss the features coming.  ;)
You will be happy

OK, standing by to what you guys are breeding out.
Would be nice to see some of the nasty bugs disappeared.

Who is the guy to talk to for reporting bugs and cool features that could be implemented?   
Si vis pacem, para bellum.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal