Popeye's pit by popeye66
[June 15, 2018, 06:00:09 PM]

bms and Saitek - Flight Instrument Panel by Rufus
[June 09, 2018, 03:40:29 PM]

DCS F-16 announcement by Snowman
[June 09, 2018, 02:57:04 PM]

ACES II PARECHUTE CONTAINER (NEW/OLD MODEL) by Kukki
[June 03, 2018, 07:18:06 AM]

Author Topic: Faan's pit  (Read 141661 times)

Offline Focaldesign

• General
  • VP Awards : King for a Day Award: Awarded for an exemplar contribution to the community : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Buy me a drink
    • Awards
Re: Faan's pit
« Reply #390 on: May 17, 2018, 07:19:48 AM »
First try for the left instrument panel.
Hope we didn't break the ATD PCB because we had to remove the plastic piece at the back which holds a connector with flat cable, because it  sticks out too much and the 10" screen would be too far back behind it.
On the right instrument panel we added a working encoder to the SADI. With YAME we'll be able to adjust the horizon. And for possible future BMS/Yame logic we used an encoder with push function to be able tom mimic caging/uncaging a bit, if ever available.

Still need to drill holes in the knobs for the center pedestal too :)

Offline Focaldesign

• General
  • VP Awards : King for a Day Award: Awarded for an exemplar contribution to the community : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Buy me a drink
    • Awards
« Reply #391 on: May 28, 2018, 05:59:07 AM »
Hudbox in the making

Offline Focaldesign

• General
    • Buy me a drink
    • Awards
« Reply #392 on: May 29, 2018, 08:44:52 AM »
Hudbox getting shape, primer painted.
Checking possible positioning of 3D printed hudsupport (by someone here on the forum but forget who, sorry), lens and old style camera (MLU has the older ones without the cooling 'indents' on the back facing the pilot.

Also installed green led behind the marker beacon and tested the home made M button on the EHSI. Real it's opposite (black-grey with white lightable M but I can't make that :D)

Anyone has a real SAI who can tell me what the dimension is of the front panel, and the diameter on the front part of the pull to cage knob?
And possibly a clear frontal pic of that knob? I would like to compare the real dimensions with my replica panel, and then make a knob the same ratio to that size as the real knob compared to the front measurement, and then print and paste the letters onto the front.

Offline henkie

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Electronics Guru Award: Awarded to those with special electronics skills : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • Henk's Viperpit developments
    • Buy me a soda
    • Awards
« Reply #393 on: May 29, 2018, 01:10:37 PM »
Faan, for what it's worth ...
I have a SFENA Type 803, looking exactly like the Standby ADI.
Maybe its dimensions are useful to you.

Front is 61 x 61 mm.
The Pull to Cage knob has two different diameters.
The smaller diameter (near the front) is 10.2 mm.
The top part (where you pull the knob) has a "roughened" grip (dutch: "ribbeltjes"  :D) and the outer diameter is 14 mm.
Even when the SFENA is not exactly the F-16 SADI (I don't know) this would be close enough.
You can see that SADI on my web site (ID-1755/A).

Offline Morgan

• Col.
  • Pitbuilder
    • Awards
« Reply #394 on: May 29, 2018, 01:27:35 PM »
keep the good job my friend BRAVO

Offline Focaldesign

• General
    • Buy me a drink
    • Awards
« Reply #395 on: May 29, 2018, 01:41:17 PM »
Faan, for what it's worth ...
I have a SFENA Type 803, looking exactly like the Standby ADI.
Maybe its dimensions are useful to you.

Front is 61 x 61 mm.
The Pull to Cage knob has two different diameters.
The smaller diameter (near the front) is 10.2 mm.
The top part (where you pull the knob) has a "roughened" grip (dutch: "ribbeltjes"  :D) and the outer diameter is 14 mm.
Even when the SFENA is not exactly the F-16 SADI (I don't know) this would be close enough.
You can see that SADI on my web site (ID-1755/A).
Thx Henkie!
I didn't find a high res front pic on your side, can you point me to it please?

Offline henkie

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Electronics Guru Award: Awarded to those with special electronics skills : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • Henk's Viperpit developments
    • Buy me a soda
    • Awards
« Reply #396 on: May 29, 2018, 02:39:34 PM »
There isn't ... it is *my own* web site, I have to pay for storage, so too many large pix aren't there, but I do have them. See attachment.

Offline Focaldesign

• General
    • Buy me a drink
    • Awards
« Reply #397 on: May 29, 2018, 03:52:37 PM »
Thx!

Offline Foxy

• Brand new newbie!
    • Awards
« Reply #398 on: June 07, 2018, 04:36:25 PM »
I have the same ADI but a little bit for wear... was damaged somehow and had to cut part of the case to remove it, now it doesn't go back on ... yet ...  :lol:

But there is a part not mentioned here that was asked about in another thread, and that is a bevelled spacer that is part of the mounting. I have put together a montage here and can post measurements if anyone needs them.

Offline Nigel

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • Awards
« Reply #399 on: June 07, 2018, 05:28:20 PM »
Foxy,
The beveled spacer is only used on the A- model. Don't need it for C and D models

Offline Focaldesign

• General
    • Buy me a drink
    • Awards
« Reply #400 on: June 09, 2018, 02:11:59 AM »
Foxy,
The beveled spacer is only used on the A- model. Don't need it for C and D models
As I'm building an MLU, which is an A, that is relevant :)
Then again, the right instrument panel is as good as done so not sure if I'll (have it) altered again for such a minor detail :)

Offline Focaldesign

• General
    • Buy me a drink
    • Awards
« Reply #401 on: June 12, 2018, 04:34:36 PM »
Pull to cage home made knob finished. Not perfect but it'll do.
Center pedestal knobs got their white paint too.
And now having work on the glare shield for the right instrument panel done.

Offline Focaldesign

• General
    • Buy me a drink
    • Awards
« Reply #402 on: June 17, 2018, 05:24:00 AM »
DED & eyebrows fitting

Offline mrwell

• General
  • VP Awards : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #403 on: June 17, 2018, 06:31:00 AM »
Look great!
I know it's the light and reflexions but it looks like typical Russian cockpit blue  :harhar: