There aren't any users online.

* Recent Topics/Posts

Hello from Canada by ChrispyBiscuit99
[April 30, 2024, 06:49:56 AM]

DCStoF4 (Standalone version) by questerymj
[April 20, 2024, 12:50:58 PM]

Last BMS version and the CANOPY SPIDER by mihi4
[April 20, 2024, 11:57:37 AM]

Author Topic: Question about Aircores  (Read 1117 times)

Offline Marvin

• General
  • Back at again after 10 years!
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Agoge Tactical Regimen
    • Awards
Question about Aircores
« on: February 05, 2017, 01:54:06 PM »
Hey guys,

As many of you know I have been away for 10 years, so I am sure this was discussed or answered at one point so I apologize in advance.

While watching videos of aircore gauges I noticed the needle movement is not very smooth.  Certainly not a deal breaker, but just noticed they are not exactly smooth and seem to have a little choppyness (for lack of better word) with their movement? 

Is this a limitation of the aircore unit design, or the communication software or something where it can be approved upon in the future?

Thanks
Jody
" Where's the KABOOM! "

Windows 8.1 64 bit, Intel Core i7 - 5820K CPU (3.30GHz 6-cores, 15MB Cache, Overclocked up to 3.8 GHz w/ Turbo Boost), 32.0 GB Quad Channel DDR4 at 2133MHz, 128GB SSD 6Gb/s Main + 2TB 72

Offline Kukki

• General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
Re: Question about Aircores
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2017, 02:56:39 PM »
That might have been some 8 bit aircores, or SW limitations, I have 12bit aircores in my Beta Innovations HW/SW and they run super smooth.
I have also see 8 bit AC run smooth, so I guess it also comes down to the SW wich controll them.

I think some more clever guro can chip in here with more accurate knowledge.

Offline Marvin

• General
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Agoge Tactical Regimen
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2017, 04:13:19 PM »
Kukki,

Ah yes ok.  Well these were videos on YouTube that were a few years old now.  Not sure which ones I am getting from Arend but I will look into that.

Thanks
Jody
" Where's the KABOOM! "

Windows 8.1 64 bit, Intel Core i7 - 5820K CPU (3.30GHz 6-cores, 15MB Cache, Overclocked up to 3.8 GHz w/ Turbo Boost), 32.0 GB Quad Channel DDR4 at 2133MHz, 128GB SSD 6Gb/s Main + 2TB 72

Offline Kukki

• General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2017, 04:20:02 PM »
Kukki,

Ah yes ok.  Well these were videos on YouTube that were a few years old now.  Not sure which ones I am getting from Arend but I will look into that.

Thanks
Jody

From what I have seen, those from arend is the same we all use I think, so you should be good there

Offline Marvin

• General
    • Agoge Tactical Regimen
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2017, 07:42:47 PM »
Thanks Kukki!  :beer:
" Where's the KABOOM! "

Offline Nikolas_A

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • VP Awards 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2017, 03:03:23 PM »
Aircores are just two coils. They have no bits. It's all a matter of controlling SW and HW.
That might have been some 8 bit aircores, or SW limitations, I have 12bit aircores in my Beta Innovations HW/SW and they run super smooth.
I have also see 8 bit AC run smooth, so I guess it also comes down to the SW wich controll them.

Offline Kukki

• General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2017, 03:51:57 PM »
Aircores are just two coils. They have no bits. It's all a matter of controlling SW and HW.

Thanks Nicolas, I just new I might been out on deep water here :-)

Now that is clear to me  :thumbsup:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal